Mover

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Holy Smokes!! WOW ... that's a shock!

They were a major competitor I thought. Well at least they will be putting focus into the Indian line but it wouldn't surprise me if that eventually died also.

This could have a major effect on resale value. Glad I sold mine when I did.

Looks to me like they want to concentrate on the Indian brand which is out selling Harley in most parts of the country. Why did Yamaha quit making the RSV.........no one was buying it. Poor handling and same design for way too long, like riding a brick with two wheels. Reading these posts it seems like y'all like the fact that they are stop making them. At least they are made here in the USA.

Reading these posts it seems like y'all like the fact that they are stop making them.

I fail to see how you arrive at that conclusion!

Having owned a 2013 CCT I think they are fantastic bikes and frankly I'm saddened to hear this news. I know there are many others who share that over on the various Victory forums.

Looks to me like they want to concentrate on the Indian brand which is out selling Harley in most parts of the country. Why did Yamaha quit making the RSV.........no one was buying it. Poor handling and same design for way too long, like riding a brick with two wheels. Reading these posts it seems like y'all like the fact that they are stop making them. At least they are made here in the USA.

Not to argue but I do not agree with the 2nd gen being a brick on 2 wheels :shock3: Not perfect, but with a few suspension and tire changes, nothing that cannot be fixed easily. The big problem is the 150 tire up front. Once you go to the 130, it gets agile real fast. :whistling:

I had test ridden the Victory Cross Country Tour a couple of times and had decided that it was going to be my next bike (exactly when yet to be determined) so I'm not happy to hear this news. Feel for those who recently purchased one and for the people who worked at Victory and now will be unemployed.

I had test ridden the Victory Cross Country Tour a couple of times and had decided that it was going to be my next bike (exactly when yet to be determined) so I'm not happy to hear this news.

Personally I wouldn't rule out buying one for a couple reason's .... 1st, there will probably be good deals to be had and 2nd, support and aftermarket stuff will still be available for several years yet. I was very happy with my XCT. Wouldn't have sold it if I hadn't decided to retire and become a full-time RVer, not to mention that I just can't handle those long trips on a bike anymore. Plus, we used the money to pay off our mortgage coz my wife retired. Dang I miss that bike! Best bike I ever had!

Not to argue but I do not agree with the 2nd gen being a brick on 2 wheels :shock3: Not perfect, but with a few suspension and tire changes, nothing that cannot be fixed easily. The big problem is the 150 tire up front. Once you go to the 130, it gets agile real fast. :whistling:

You need to go test ride a Roadmaster there is nothing you can buy or put on a RSV that will make it ride, handle or perform as well as a RM. Not trying to piss people off, but as a previous RSV owner, I couldn't get over the difference. I myself did the tires, springs, leveling links, shock, and other items. Bike has a terrible center of gravity and very top heavy. I blame this on the engineering design when trying compete with Honda GW which they missed by a mile.

Edited by Rolltide

Personally I wouldn't rule out buying one for a couple reason's .... 1st, there will probably be good deals to be had and 2nd, support and aftermarket stuff will still be available for several years yet. I was very happy with my XCT. Wouldn't have sold it if I hadn't decided to retire and become a full-time RVer, not to mention that I just can't handle those long trips on a bike anymore. Plus, we used the money to pay off our mortgage coz my wife retired. Dang I miss that bike! Best bike I ever had!

I can do an oil change but otherwise not that mechanically competent so at some point a mechanic would be required. In my town there is a Victory dealer but that is the only motorcycle brand they carry so they'll be out of the motorcycle business soon. The only multi-brand shop carrying Victory is about 3 hours away.

I'll keep riding the Venture till I find it too much to handle. I like the HD Road Glide but can't see having that kind of money sitting in my garage taking up space for 6 months of every year.

Business decisions have to be made and it seems like HDs competitors are going after sport bike, dirt bike and adventure markets where HD doesn't compete.

Quite the shocker!! Victory IMHO was a well designed and innovative motorcycle that I have a lot of respect for! The Indian was a respectful brand in its day, but the "new" ones are overpriced and not of the same quality of the original ones...

Your trike is way over priced too for the record

I can do an oil change but otherwise not that mechanically competent so at some point a mechanic would be required. In my town there is a Victory dealer but that is the only motorcycle brand they carry so they'll be out of the motorcycle business soon. The only multi-brand shop carrying Victory is about 3 hours away.

I'll keep riding the Venture till I find it too much to handle. I like the HD Road Glide but can't see having that kind of money sitting in my garage taking up space for 6 months of every year.

Business decisions have to be made and it seems like HDs competitors are going after sport bike, dirt bike and adventure markets where HD doesn't compete.

In the 3 years I had mine, oil changes and tires was all that was needed. Every other maintenance item that one would normally encounter on any bike (brake fluid changes, brakes, etc) pretty much any bike shop can do. One does not need a dealer to maintain a motorcycle and those Vics don't need much more than regular maintenance.

(just sayin)

Having said that, could it be possible your Vic dealer might switch over to Indian but still do work on Vics?

This is some sad stuff in my humble opinion. The few times I've test ridden Victory's, and especially the CCT and Visions, they turned me on. I was highly impressed with their smoothness and nimble handling. I coveted the CCT and was severely jealous of SilverT for quite some time. Lol.

As far as their styling, well, thats what mad them appealing to me. They weren't the same ole design that the other bikes are. I'm still kind of stunned while I'm typing this.

The only thing we can hope is Polaris will now double their efforts at making the Indian line a world class bike. They're nice, but nowhere near on the level of what Harley is offering when you compare all the technology stuff and such. Maybe Indian will now come out with bikes that don't have fender skirts, studded seats, and leather strings hanging off of it for folks that don't want that kind of stuff.

I don't know. I'm just babbling because I'm stunned. Sad.

DAMG IT !!!!!!!! Finally found a bike that fits me, handles well for me and is fairly easy to maintain. So now I will probably loose my A$$ on a possible resale. Well at least they have to keep parts stock for 10yr. Bad news is they can charge what ever the heck they want for them because once they are gone....... The way I read it (granted may be some between the lines) Polaris is cutting Victory to spend the money they made selling those bikes to try to keep a "old name" bike producing. But if any of you have priced out those Injuns they are WAY pricey. For a comparable Victory touring bike the Indian is like 7k more. I like the edgy look of the Vic and thats kind of what led me that way because they look different and set out from the crowd. To me a 1980's Glide looks the same as a 2017. I see no design apearence, I realize there had to have been frame improvements. The XCT is a sport bike compared to the RSV. Well once again I get to own a lame duck vehicle. Guess I can add pictures of this bike to the ones of the RSV, the AMC, and my Trans AM.:95::95::255: