IGNORED

Mathew

slowrollwv

I ran into a couple of businesses that have already closed so the employees could go home to prep for this one.

It looks like it going to a nasty one, not just for Florida but for the whole eastern seaboard.

Good luck and follow the recommendations for your local.

Stay safe and on high ground all !

Not much high ground here in Florida, we are abut 3.5 miles as the crow flies from the Atlantic, but lots of stuff between there and us to buffet the winds down. The storm at last check the eye was going to be about 10 to 20 miles off shore, so should be interesting.

I have all the loose stuff stowed but have not decided yet if I am going to put the shutters on the windows or not. There is time in the morning.

I have an older cousin in Port St Lucie who's hunkering down and riding this one out. Told her to come out to CA and take a vacation, but she's pretty head strong. Kinda like Judge Judy... for those that watch Fox News... :-)

I live in Fort Pierce Fl and have boarded up the windows and cleaned up the yard because it is a cat 4 now what sux is the fuel pump for the gen set in the rv took a dump so when I lose power I will not have a/c.I hope my gazebo survives.

Got a really good friend in Bradenton,, just spoke with him..

Heading to Bradenton on Saturday to see my Aunt & Uncle, so far they say they're fine. My mom's staying down for a few extra days and heading to the Orlando area to see some old friends. Hopefully this puppy spins back out into the Atlantic quickly and doesn't do to much damage.

11 oclock news on now. Saying the storm is expected to be a bit more east than forecast about 8. Which is good as will keep winds more off shore. I got things picked up around yard so done about all I can do. They say we should expect 50-70 mph winds here where I am.

LOL...I don't think that Judge Judy is on Fox News...Now Judge Jeneane maybe...or however you spell her name. :)

Yeah that's it.... LOL

I LOVE that lady!! She looks right into the camera and says things that would get a normal person locked up or shot over even though it is true :big-grin-emoticon:

Well my mother was mandatorially evacuated from Hilton Head on Wednesday. She came north with her traveling companion to Byron, Ga near Macon. As soon as I was thinking she was safe, I get a call from her traveling companion yesterday morning telling me that she has fallen in the lobby of the hotel and has broken her hip. Now I'm at the hospital in Macon waiting for her to go into surgery for a hip replacement. Just goes to show you, if it ain't one DANG thing it's another DANG thing.

I'm still worried about my brother in law who is a I'M GONNA STICK IT OUT COME HELL OR HIGH WATER sort of guy who is still down there in Bluffton, SC. Hope it turns out to be neather.

Hopefully that great big nasty storm hangs a right and launches its way right back out into the Atlantic!!!! Prayers Up for all down there!!

Well my mother was mandatorially evacuated from Hilton Head on Wednesday. She came north with her traveling companion to Byron, Ga near Macon. As soon as I was thinking she was safe, I get a call from her traveling companion yesterday morning telling me that she has fallen in the lobby of the hotel and has broken her hip. Now I'm at the hospital in Macon waiting for her to go into surgery for a hip replacement. Just goes to show you, if it ain't one DANG thing it's another DANG thing.

I'm still worried about my brother in law who is a I'M GONNA STICK IT OUT COME HELL OR HIGH WATER sort of guy who is still down there in Bluffton, SC. Hope it turns out to be neather.

:95:,, sorry to hear this about your Mom Bob!! Hoping and praying she is ok and any medical attention she is getting works out!! That is the kind of collateral damage to this stuff that is NEVER fun - Prayers Up brother!!:thumbsup:

Best wishes for your mom Bob.

The weatherman just said that Mathew is going to hang a right and turn a 360 for round 2 next week.

BUT

The weatherman also said that this cold front we have here right now that is dropping the temps here into the 30s will head on down and blow up the hurricane by sucking all of the heat energy out of it. Round 2 should be just a bit of rain maybe.

3:10 PM Saturday in Wilmington NC on the coast.

The eye of the storm is over my home at this time but the wind and rain from the storm passed mostly to our west dumping a lot of rain. I'm sure there will be lots of flooding in some places. The wind never got above about 40mph at my location. Got a lot of pine tree debris in the yard but got off lucky. I keep threatening to cut down all 9 of my pine trees so they can't fall on the house.

We are supozed to spend a couple days in Savannah Fri and Sat coming up. But last we heard they dont have power and looked like a lot of damage. River street was flooded etc. So have contacted our host for the place we have rented to see what the status is. If its a no go, and with 95 being shut down over that way we may have to look at alternate route home from our NC trip.

Trip up was windy all the way out of Florida.