IGNORED

Yamaha to introduce new touring bike

jakester

Ok we have heard this many years, over and over. In Sturgis this year the Yamaha reps did visit with me a bit. I ask when they are going to come out with a new touring bike? They laughed and replied that this was this years number one question. Then one did say that mother Yamaha has had a bike in r&d for some time and it is due to come out in September of this year. I did ask if they had found a new cassette deck manufacturer? I got no reply. He says that they have spent so much money in the development phase that it needs to have a 10 year run to be profitable. He did say that it is fuel injected and it "looks like a motorcycle" whatever that means (I think he was poking fun at my wing) he would not reveal what power plant it has or any good details. So....is this real or is it another hoax? I got home and went to my local dealer, and he did say that the word on the street was that it is going to be introduced in September but had no details, only that it is suppose to be coming.

So now you know what I know.

Jakester

They NEVER specify which September.

I think this is the best come back I have seen yet. LOL Everytime I see this thread or one like it I have to check the date. They all read the same basicly. "Yamaha reps say its in the works" yada yada. Or I have to check and see if its April 1st.

I agree with you. If it is a Twin, I wouldn't be interested. OK...maybe a water cooled VTwin could get my attention but I'm still now sure. If it's air cooled, I would have no interest at all. I will keep what I have. If I wanted another Twin, I would buy another Harley.

For the record, I don't believe it. I just have to think that if Yamaha was introducing a new touring bike, there would be some kind of teasers from them out there. Like they did a while back on a new ATV or something. Make some type of event out of it. We hear this every year and nothing comes of it. I don't expect it this year either. I hope I'm wrong.

The Indian V twin is very smooth but very HOT! I wouldn't have a problem with a cool, smooth V Twin. I don't care if it's air or liquid cooled, as long as it's cool. I don't remember a heat problem on my Road Star but it was a paint shaker.

Oh crap!! if they come out with a 3rd gen venture!!! what will i do with my several year supply of royal star parts of ever color and design? maybe have to start another Frankenstein bike soon??

naaaah it wont happen.

no V-Max 1700 powered Venture I bet!

Heck, they could make it an 1800 like they did to the old 1200 to 1300

dream on ......

There is no replacement for displacement as far as the fun factor goes but more displacement means more heat. What I'm reading in this thread is heat is a no no comfort is priority.:doh:

Water cooling is a must on a big bike in my opinion because the oil gets very hot in an air cooled engine. The review I read of the LA Sheriff's dept tests of potential police bikes showed the facts. The police Harley had a factory spec of the oil temp not to exceed 410 degrees F!!!! The air/oil cooled BMW R1250RT has a spec of not exceeding about 300 plus degrees. All the water cooled bikes had specs for their oil temps in the 200s.

I'm sure that IF Yamaha does offer another touring bike it will be a clone of the Kawasaki Voyager, V twin, water cooled, and maybe belt drive. From what I have read about the Voyager, Kawa has modified it to duct the heat away from the rider in the front and also the passenger in the rear. So, it may be a decent choice for those who don't mind a v twin.

• 3 weeks later...
Ok we have heard this many years, over and over. In Sturgis this year the Yamaha reps did visit with me a bit. I ask when they are going to come out with a new touring bike? They laughed and replied that this was this years number one question. Then one did say that mother Yamaha has had a bike in r&d for some time and it is due to come out in September of this year. I did ask if they had found a new cassette deck manufacturer? I got no reply. He says that they have spent so much money in the development phase that it needs to have a 10 year run to be profitable. He did say that it is fuel injected and it "looks like a motorcycle" whatever that means (I think he was poking fun at my wing) he would not reveal what power plant it has or any good details. So....is this real or is it another hoax? I got home and went to my local dealer, and he did say that the word on the street was that it is going to be introduced in September but had no details, only that it is suppose to be coming.

So now you know what I know.

Jakester

Waiting.........waiting.........waiting........................................