IGNORED

What did you do to your venture today?

gggGary

I got pi$$ed at mine as I think my battery took a dump!! Was fine Saturday, went to take it out Sunday and it wouldn't turn over at all! Took car instead but put battery on charger. Started right up when we got home, but this morning dead again!

Battery is out and now on 2 amp slow charge, I did charge it up again this afternoon and load tested it, didn't look all that good! Sooo, time for another...

Well got the box on top of the airbox and in one last ditch effort moved the bike outside in the sun with the cover off the box so it can bake in the sun being i dont have an oven.. sprayed all the wire connectors and this is what my TCI looks like on the inside.

IMG_0022.jpgIMG_0023.jpg

OK if you know which end of the soldering iron to hold, try resoldering all of those solder connections for the edge connectors (connectors to the wiring harness)...

:think::think::think::think: well ummmm the silver end and which should i use my gun or the iron:rotf::rotfl:so the bourd dont look burnt on Pick Up side...

In order to tell if the diodes are going you need to see the other side of the board.

There are two ways I know of to get to the other side of the board.

1. Desolder all of the connections to the connectors along the left edge (as viewed in your pic) of the board to remove the board from the connectors. I do not recommend this unless you are really good at working with boards.

2. Make a cut thru the cover just past the connectors so they stay with the board and then just seal the cut line with Black RTV when you put it back together. BE very careful to not cut to deep and cut thru components on the board.

There is a tool made to relax the retaining pins on those available from Pasternak, ($$$) or Field Components, and a couple of others I can't remember names of right now but each pin will have a spring finger which retains it in the plastic connector. Molex makes a lot of that plastic injection moulded stuff and used to sell service tools but don't know if they do any longer. The tool will be segmented to allow more or less attachments, (according to pin count) to make the complete assembly. The suggestion to open the case on the other side is best most likely given the cost of extractor tools which the pins would all need to be done at the same time.

sounds like i need a pair for when i start my bike at 930 in the morning and my neighbors ***** about it so i was thinking maybe put some HD mufflers on my bike and set it out by there house and crank her over at 630 :D i have had them ***** about me revving it at 1030 its like well maybe i shouldnt have waited either way you gonna bi#$%:stickpoke::stickpoke:

Found a pretty slick (in a hillbilly kind of way) mounting for the GPS tablet, an aluminum L bracket sticks with velcro to the back of the tablet and the dash top. doesn't block any info I need on the dash. Easy to remove the GPS, bottom pad, and shut the door. I may a mount so the emblem goes back on the cassette door and it's just like (sun faded) factory.

rsv gps 004.JPGrsv gps 003.JPGrsv gps 002.JPG

I found a Harley license plate bracket on ebay and it arrived yesterday (@BonngoBob's mail drop). Installed it today. I've been told my CD run/turn/brake turn signals aren't very bright in direct sunlight so I'm using the HD bracket strickly as turn signals (amber LED's - from Chrome Glow -Flat Right Angle LED Bulbs from Drag Specialties, and amber 2" lens). The bracket came off of a bike and looks brand new! Paid $125 USD for the bracket but it came with the HD fender rack which I'm going to sell.

From Chrome Glow I also got an LED headlight bulb. Going to see if this one causes radio interference like the one I got from China a couple months ago.

Want to take Nancy for a ride on the bike to see what she thinks of the Baggershield but it's been raining a good part of the day. If she doesn't like it I'll be selling the Baggershield and going back to the Clearview.

Not the bike, but on my HF Tag-along trailer I added LED lights to the upper shell and moved the license plate. Just have the final connection to make and silicone around the lights to prevent leaking - the rain showed me this.

Went for a ride! After spending so much time going back and forth around Arizona...finally going to spend some more time in Green Valley and say "HI" to my home.

Got up this AM and it was 71 degrees...yippee...that's riding time!

Noticed desert flowers are starting to bloom from the rain. So had to stop and take the obligatory pic...Nice day!

VR81316.jpg

Well, nothing today but in the past 4 weeks, had the chassis checked over, and it needed to be tightened up, 2 weeks later had coil over shocks installed to replace the leaking air shocks, new air bags, replaced the power port and hazard signal switch replaced, and now waiting on 2 new Shinko 777 tires to be delivered to be installed on the 87. The front tire on the 87 which is practically new is being swapped over to the 93 trike. Next will be carb syncs on both bikes and oil changes.

New Ram Mount for my GoPro. This one is a mirror mount so it lets me put the GoPro off the left edge of the windscreen. Cleaned the threads and mirror back pivots and sprayed with Fluid Film.

Tomorrow.... replace the Silverstar Ultra headlight bulb with an LED. Tried a Chinese LED bulb but had too much interference on the radio. Will also switch back to the Clearview windscreen.