IGNORED

What did you do to your venture today?

gggGary

Fiiiiiiiinally the Rock has come back to...........

Nah, just kidding.

But feel that good, I should get my Venture back from the shop by the end of this week {been in there since the day I got it} :depressed:. Had it checked over, all the fluids changed, greased up, new tires, service, K&N's fitted. Today the final bits both arrived, the Baggershield I ordered, and an Ivan's jet kit. Dropped them off this arvo, and they are going to start on the carb's tomorrow. :cool10:

Damn I love the sound it makes riding with those V&H monster ovals, but I only get Saturday off this weekend, so no 'silly' rides for the sheer hell of it :confused24:

• 8 months later...

I wouldnt respond/try to call this ads number cause the whole thing smells funny to me (2nd gear issues on an 87? Phone number comes back as a NM number?) but here is a good case of the Blues.. To bad its probably a scammer looking to fill his scamming data base with phone numbers,, ol Blue deserves to out CTFW, not being used to as part of a scam IMHO:biker:..

https://muskegon.craigslist.org/mcy/d/muskegon-1987-yamaha-xvz-venture/6871775256.html

I replaced the rear cam cover gasket and bolt grommets, replaced the spark plugs with NGK Iridiums, degreased everything, and detailed the bike. Now I have the issue to figure of what started out as a raging river of fuel pouring from the right front carb to what is now barely a drip of fuel. I sprayed some carb cleaner in it and now I am running some fuel system cleaner in the gas to see if it might be the float hanging up.

I wouldnt respond/try to call this ads number cause the whole thing smells funny to me (2nd gear issues on an 87? Phone number comes back as a NM number?) but here is a good case of the Blues.. To bad its probably a scammer looking to fill his scamming data base with phone numbers,, ol Blue deserves to out CTFW, not being used to as part of a scam IMHO:biker:..

https://muskegon.craigslist.org/mcy/d/muskegon-1987-yamaha-xvz-venture/6871775256.html

WHAT???:think::think::think: You turning into a sissy, say it ain't true.:doh::doh::doh: Go ahead and call the number. What's the worst that could happen?:stirthepot::stickpoke::puzzled: Hey it is only $500.00!!!:clap2:

:farmer:

I did today what I have been dreading. I canceled my insurance and turned in the tags. I can not ride with my shoulder messed up.

:scared:,,, NOOOO :95:,, not another one of us out of it:95:!!! Sorry to read this @slowrollwv :95:.. Thoughts and Prayers Up for your healing brother!! You gonna join the rest of us lop eared wish we could ride VR varmints and Cage it to MD? Hope so,, would LOVE to see and :stickpoke: and :Im not listening to with you again!!

WHAT???:think::think::think: You turning into a sissy, say it ain't true.:doh::doh::doh: Go ahead and call the number. What's the worst that could happen?:stirthepot::stickpoke::puzzled: Hey it is only $500.00!!!:clap2:

I aint no sissy ya lop eared trouble makin having fun tryin to get Puc to spend his money cause Puc :stickpoke: you to spend your's on shooters varmint (phew,, THAT was a longggg one :hihi: - gotta catch my breath :smilies6:).. Fact is,, it appears Tweeksis is my last Tourer,, even if I called and the deal was square and the guy said come get if for free I wouldnt do it,, I would just pass it on here on the site.. So take that oh yeee of :witch_brew: heart :rasberry:

The 02 RSMV (Sylvester) will be given a good cleaning and pictures taken and then listed for sale along with the shadow trailer. I have given up hope of feeling good enough to ride this large of a bike anymore. Just another point in life to pass by. I have a 1100 XS Special I need to get back running and see how it feels. If not maybe a large scooter or a wheel chair?

Life is just one step after another...on a rocky hill side.

Right behind you. My tags are up in may and that is what I am going to do. Can't handle the beast anymore.

Our tags are due to expire the first of Feb. so I just renewed them for two years. :crying: :crying:

The 02 RSMV (Sylvester) will be given a good cleaning and pictures taken and then listed for sale along with the shadow trailer. I have given up hope of feeling good enough to ride this large of a bike anymore. Just another point in life to pass by. I have a 1100 XS Special I need to get back running and see how it feels. If not maybe a large scooter or a wheel chair?

Life is just one step after another...on a rocky hill side.

This is yet another reason why I LOVE running HISTORIC PLATES on my vehicles! Being good for many years (I think Tweeks plates expire in 2026), they give me that continued motivation to watch my step on that rocky hill side, yes, but to keep on stepping anyway way I can, even if it's just baby steps (no more touring, just buzzing around town showing off her stickers) :stirthepot::biker::stickpoke::sign67:

Hey Sly,, check out my sig! Stoled your line brother,, :scratchchin:hope it's OK?

last saturday i replaced the stator. not fun. still have flashing battery warning light. But have 14 volts now. tested rectifier for power ground ect...Its seems fine as far as wirering goes. gonna replace rectifier now. can i trust the $50 Chinese one on ebay?

last saturday i replaced the stator. not fun. still have flashing battery warning light. But have 14 volts now. tested rectifier for power ground ect...Its seems fine as far as wirering goes. gonna replace rectifier now. can i trust the $50 Chinese one on ebay?

We talkin tweekin on your 86 (the one that listed in your AV?) BC? If so, IMHO, the flashing battery light is actually sensed off the battery itself thru the little drop in acid rod that feeds to the CMU. It's not really monitoring or sensing voltage and much use for identifing stator/reg issues other than long term over cooking the acid thru high voltage.. For actual testing/monitoring the stator/reg charging system you need to monitor it with the volt gauge on the bike (works ok as long as its working properly) or with a hand held volt/ohm meter (best way).

To get that confounded lite to quit blinking will probably take some xtra yakkin

Any of this make sense?

This is yet another reason why I LOVE running HISTORIC PLATES on my vehicles! Being good for many years (I think Tweeks plates expire in 2026), they give me that continued motivation to watch my step on that rocky hill side, yes, but to keep on stepping anyway way I can, even if it's just baby steps (no more touring, just buzzing around town showing off her stickers) :stirthepot::biker::stickpoke::sign67:

Hey Sly,, check out my sig! Stoled your line brother,, :scratchchin:hope it's OK?

Does this mean that I have been imortalized? You can rest assured that it is ok with me...as long as I get the royalties.:rotf::rotfl::rotf::rotfl:

Does this mean that I have been imortalized? You can rest assured that it is ok with me...as long as I get the royalties.:rotf::rotfl::rotf::rotfl:

Yes,, you have been imortalized my brother,,, in the mind of and on the page of a certified maniac who pays royality dividends in Hot Dog's :rotf::rotf::rotfl::rotfl::rasberry:

I got mine out of storage last night. My bikes went into storage last August due to some surgery. It felt great to be back on the Venture, but it has that "sloppy" front end feel that sparked some threads on here. It was only a 2 1/2 mile ride from storage to my garage. I'll do the "30 minute steering head adjustment" method tonight and I'm having two new tires installed Friday.

Got out yesterday to go to dr appt in the Old F250 since the Chevy was hooked to a trailer loaded with my tractor and equipment, blew a spark plug. Have I ever mentioned how I dislike Ford? Short on time meant jumping on the RSV and heading out in light rain. Not liking what doc said (not serious but still not liking it) I took off out of town headed for nowhere. A few hours, three storm cells, and 175 miles later I made it home with a dirty water spotted Venture.

Yeah, on the 97 -03 5.4 2V engines the factory torque spec was too low considering the heads only had about 4 or 5 threads for the spark plugs. We've learned that plugs should be torqued to 28 ft lbs and they won't blow. The repair is not that bad. But you need the right tool to repair it. Lots of youtube videos about how to repair it using a Timesert tool.