IGNORED

'microaggression' - Soon you won't be able to say anything to anyone.

SilvrT

Guess we had better not call ourselves VentureRiders anymore,,, I mean, what would that do to the rest of the population,,,, that don't have the resources, training, desire to ride a Venture,,,, those poor folks would be left thinking that they somehow missed out on something,,,,,, wouldn't think of it, I wouldn't,,,,,NOT!

Guess we had better not call ourselves VentureRiders anymore,,, I mean, what would that do to the rest of the population,,,, that don't have the resources, training, desire to ride a Venture,,,, those poor folks would be left thinking that they somehow missed out on something,,,,,, wouldn't think of it, I wouldn't,,,,,NOT!

y'all have been microaggressing me since I sold my Venture and bought the Wing ... heck, just being in this forum now makes me a victim of microaggression ..... poor poor little me ... :crying:

It's not just the Universities.. A few years ago when our local Muncipality was in big trouble financially. I got a ticket for not having a horn - marine radio and fire extingwisher in my row boat while out fishing on Muskegon Lake. The Sheriff's Dept. Marine Officers who wrote the ticket said we were under new rules that stated that because Muskegon Lake is connected to Lake Michigan all boats on the inland lake had to have the same safety equipment as if we were on the big lake.. I questioned them as to the relevance of this new law pertaining to 12 foot row boats with no motor (why would I need an extingwisher with no gas on board and surrounded with water) - they said law is law, talk to the Judge if I disagreed.. Got a copy of the current law that still showed the same old "under 16 Foot" row boat rules. Pled not guilty, took a copy of the law into Court, Marine Officers were there.. I said "not to sound Politically Incorrect but I really need to ask about what happened to the age old "16 Foot" law" and I tried to show the Judge a copy of it and asked to see a copy of the new law. The Judge refused to look at my copy of what I thought the law was and saw no reason to show the "new law" in writing but he did make something perfectly clear - he said: "this is my courtroom and in my courtroom I decide what/when/where the law is as I need to".. He then said "your fine was going to be $60 but is now $160" and then asked if I had any more questions.. :missingtooth:

It's not just the Universities.. A few years ago when our local Muncipality was in big trouble financially. I got a ticket for not having a horn - marine radio and fire extingwisher in my row boat while out fishing on Muskegon Lake. The Sheriff's Dept. Marine Officers who wrote the ticket said we were under new rules that stated that because Muskegon Lake is connected to Lake Michigan all boats on the inland lake had to have the same safety equipment as if we were on the big lake.. I questioned them as to the relevance of this new law pertaining to 12 foot row boats with no motor (why would I need an extingwisher with no gas on board and surrounded with water) - they said law is law, talk to the Judge if I disagreed.. Got a copy of the current law that still showed the same old "under 16 Foot" row boat rules. Pled not guilty, took a copy of the law into Court, Marine Officers were there.. I said "not to sound Politically Incorrect but I really need to ask about what happened to the age old "16 Foot" law" and I tried to show the Judge a copy of it and asked to see a copy of the new law. The Judge refused to look at my copy of what I thought the law was and saw no reason to show the "new law" in writing but he did make something perfectly clear - he said: "this is my courtroom and in my courtroom I decide what/when/where the law is as I need to".. He then said "your fine was going to be $60 but is now $160" and then asked if I had any more questions.. :missingtooth:
YOU CAN DO THAT STANDING ON YOUR HEAD :parrots:LOL

And that, in a nutshell, is the result of higher education going off the rails. Self absorbed college professors have to do the studies and write the articles and rules to retain their sense of relevance. UNC is listed as a "research institution", and this is the type of research being done.

Reading articles like this only sustains my choice to not enter the job market at the higher ed level.

Years ago some of the women "other sexualy oriented" decided they were going to re name parts of the ship. For example they objected to the term "grease nipple". I suggested it be changed to " lubrication insertion orifice". They did not like that either. I asked what they were going to do about the game of Golf. I pointed out golf is flog spelt backwards. Men wave their clubs and drive their balls to the holes. They went away.

Years ago some of the women "other sexualy oriented" decided they were going to re name parts of the ship. For example they objected to the term "grease nipple". I suggested it be changed to " lubrication insertion orifice". They did not like that either. I asked what they were going to do about the game of Golf. I pointed out golf is flog spelt backwards. Men wave their clubs and drive their balls to the holes. They went away.

:thumbsup: :Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh: that's hilarious!

Guest divey

Good one Kerry!

y'all have been microaggressing me since I sold my Venture and bought the Wing ... heck, just being in this forum now makes me a victim of microaggression ..... poor poor little me ... :crying:

We don't fault you because of your Wing and Vic, but what we do find offensive is having all you Canadians come into our country but not assimilate into our society. I mean really, Well done steaks and burgers! Y'all know how to ruin a good piece of meat :doh: On the other hand, you do make some fine beer and rye whiskey :thumbsup2:

We don't fault you because of your Wing and Vic, but what we do find offensive is having all you Canadians come into our country but not assimilate into our society. I mean really, Well done steaks and burgers! Y'all know how to ruin a good piece of meat :doh: On the other hand, you do make some fine beer and rye whiskey :thumbsup2:

Most of my friends like their steak rare or medium rare and that includes myself.

As for hamburger ... if the meat was just ground steak or pure beef with no additives/preservatives, no suet or other such additives, then medium rare would be fine but most of the hamburger we have, it is necessary to cook it to a well done state otherwise a person can get sick from it.

yes, the beer is definitely superior to yours ... can't comment on the Canadian Whiskey as I only drink Rum, Vodka, or Southern Comfort (although a shot of Scotch now and then is good). Now, don't be forgetting that famous "BC Bud" .... :innocent-emoticon:

As for assimilating ... I ain't nevah heerd of a 'merican coming up here and adopting ...'eh' into their jargon .... :Bunny:

Most of my friends like their steak rare or medium rare and that includes myself.

As for hamburger ... if the meat was just ground steak or pure beef with no additives/preservatives, no suet or other such additives, then medium rare would be fine but most of the hamburger we have, it is necessary to cook it to a well done state otherwise a person can get sick from it.

yes, the beer is definitely superior to yours ... can't comment on the Canadian Whiskey as I only drink Rum, Vodka, or Southern Comfort (although a shot of Scotch now and then is good). Now, don't be forgetting that famous "BC Bud" .... :innocent-emoticon:

As for assimilating ... I ain't nevah heerd of a 'merican coming up here and adopting ...'eh' into their jargon .... :Bunny:

Eh is included in most border state dialects, including here in Michigan. You are the first north of the border inhabitant I've ever heard say they like medium rare beef!

You might say I'm a Canadian one 1/2 hour removed, I can turn on my TV and watch CA. Broadcasts and Don Cherry was one of my childhood hero's [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

There was a time when I would have agreed that the beer is Canada was better but I absolutely no longer believe it to be true. The microbrewery revolution has resulted in some very fine beer in the USA. If higher alcohol content is important to you then that is certainly not an issue. I agree that the usual Budweiser, Miller, Coors, etc. is still as anemic as always but there are plenty of others to choose from. As for regular off the shelf selections, Sam Adams Boston Lager is one of my favorites but I like trying different things, especially IPAs and Double IPAs and there are literally hundreds to choose from with most starting at a alcohol content of around 5.9 and doing WAY up from there.

The microbrewery revolution has resulted in some very fine beer in the USA.

Same thing here in Canada and it's great that you can go into their 'pub' and taste test different one's.

I'm not much of a beer drinker though. When I do, I pretty much stick to either a pale ale or a honey brown.

That said, those beers will taste different from one micro brewery to another so I'll always do a taster first.