IGNORED

Thanks for a great weekend

ragtop69gs

Another huge thanks from me to Don & Eileen opening their hearts and home to all of us attendee's. Considering that there was huge "T" storm threats for the weekend we surely lucked out without any of that happening. Hot & muggy, sure but no rain or storms. It was great seeing old friends and meeting a few new to me folks.

Larry

Bike fired rite up and we left MD, ran great till we stopped for gas, filled up hit the starter "DEAD" nothing but a slight click. 2 guys gave us alittle push and it started rite up, trikes kick start really easy!!!! Bike ran great till we are winding our way thru the twisties on PA turnpike, I am in the passing lane heading up a hill at 75mph and she dies, work my way to shoulder, its 4ft wide and guardrail with steep drop off. We both jump on other side of rail as the trucks go flyin by. We were not at a good spot!! Got ahold of Don and he got ahold of Skydoc who was about 1.5hrs behind us. Decided to get it towed off tpk because we were not going to be able to work on it there, so off to Somerset. They dropped me in the Adv auto parking lot. Pulled battery, when in and bought 2 new incase in was the stator. Earl figured we had about 75miles before we would die again if it was the stator. Bike fired rite up and ran great... all the while we are waiting for it to die again. We hit the first tunnel on the tpk, no shoulder whatsoever and if this thing dies I aint gonna have any tail lites, was a scary feeling!!! 3 tunnels to go. On the next one I pulled over before the tunnel and shut the bike off, had Kim alittle excited and not in a good way LOL. I figured if the battery wouldnt restart bike I wasnt gonna try to make it into tunnel, but it fired rite up and we made it all the way home on that battery no problems, I did pull the headlite fuse tho. Hopefully it was just a bad battery and not the stator. First time any Venture left us on the side of the road, guess I cant complain.

Craig

Hi everyone. We made it home without anymore tire problems. Thanks Don and Eileen fo having us and to all the work you do. It was great to put a face with some of the people on this site. Now I know what everyone is talking about when they say they had a great time. We are glad that all made it home safe.:banana::happy65:

Irene and I would like to send our heartfelt thanks to Don and Eileen for another wonderful weekend! As always it was a fantastic opportunity to catch up with old friends and make new ones. Nothing I can say will adequately express the depth of our gratitude.

Many thanks to Don and his lovely bride for hosting us again this year !!!!

For those who couldn't make it we would thank you for some PICTURES!

I did learn an important lesson if you have your camera on your checklist make sure you have the SD listed also :bang head:

I made it home safe and sound yesterday afternoon. The last 100 miles from Chattanooga to Atlanta was the worst with the hottest day of the year in Georgia at 97 Degrees. But otherwise is spite of the heat and the cicadas I had a great time. Thanks Don and Eileen for graciously hosting this event