IGNORED

Somethings Missing

Freebird

Well there are still a couple of things needed for my new '05 Midnight but most can wait for a while. I woke up around midnight though and haven't been able to sleep and I went out to the garage for a few minutes and there is one thing that is glaringly missing. It just doesn't look right.

Who can guess what I'm talking about?

IMG_0387.jpg

You nailed it. Not so much front but definitely rear.

What did I win? :confused:

You could also change out the filler plates above the rear floorboards to the ball milled style, everything else chrome I can see looks to be ball milled except those.

TJ beat me to the punch by the reflection in the chrome!!!

How about the covers for the front engine mounts?? The Diamond cut guy sells a really nice looking set of diamond cut covers, seeing as the aftermarket chrome ones are as rare as hen's teeth...

The seat is the Russell Daylong. Passenger backrest is a Corbin that I had them recover to match. I am ok without the motor mount covers and not all that crazy about the chrome side covers. I like them in the black. I really don't want much more. I am honestly pretty much done with it. There are a handful of things that I will add at some point. First will be the chrome passenger floorboards but the cheapest I've found them is $204.00. I will also eventually add the wind deflectors that attach to the crash bars. The last thing will probably be the SpeedoHealer.

The seat is the Russell Daylong. Passenger backrest is a Corbin that I had them recover to match.

Interesting. I haven't seen a RDL with the step down 'Goldwing' type seat back. My RDL doesn't have that. However, if you ever intend to try for another Iron Butt run, you will LOVE the RDL.

RR

You can polish the bottoms of those floor boards and they will look like chrome, but you have to stay up with them or they will oxidize back to dull after a while.

I wonder what would happen if you polished and clear coated them??

You can polish the bottoms of those floor boards and they will look like chrome, but you have to stay up with them or they will oxidize back to dull after a while.

I wonder what would happen if you polished and clear coated them??

Steve they would look good and you will not have to keep them polished. The clear coat will work just like any other paint but make sure you get a good clear coat or it will turn milky.