IGNORED

Zzyzx is still around...sort of

Zzyzx

Just wanted to let everyone know I am still around and plan start rebuilding the fire damaged 99 RSV sometime early next week in my brothers garage.

Not sure how damaged the 83 is yet but it took the brunt of the fire/heat and saved the 99 from a lot more damage then it could have been. She may be a complete loss but not a priority right now.

Insurance totaled the 99 but I decided to keep it and will be working to bring her back to her former glory over the next few months.

I'm currently living in a travel trailer behind my brother home along with the only surviving cat and we are getting along nicely.

The wife, granddaughter and her mother and in a hotel so they can have some "girl privacy" but not sure where we will land since the house is a total loss and I just don't want to rebuild in California again.

The wife and I will have to make a decision as to where we want to settle shortly but I'm for getting out of here.

Will keep in touch as things progress and get some pictures posted of the fire and bikes once I have a computer again.

Ride Safe All, and thanks for the well wishes and prayers as we get through all of this.

Ed

Glad to hear from you Z and THANK YOU for the update!! Thoughts and Prayers Up as you folks continue to work thru the whole crisis. If you folks decide to leave the area please do let us know what your thinking!

Ed, first of all, you are still in our prayers. I can only try to imagine what you are all still going through. I don't have a lot of parts laying around but I do have a handful of things that are yours if you need them. I have two side covers from a silver 1999. I also have a good ignition module as I replaced mine with a Dyna 3000. I'll look around and see if there is anything else but when I bought this bike, he had gotten rid of all the stuff that was replace with aftermarket replacements. Also just replace my lower wind deflectors with some stainless one so I have the stock plastic ones. Brackets are starting to crack but could be repaired.

Edited by Freebird

SO glad to hear from you Ed. As mentioned above, I too can only imagine what you and your family are going through.

You are all in our thoughts and prayers.

I wish you and your family the best in deciding where you guys want to live and pray the new adventure ahead begins with it the best chapter in your life with nothing but good times and memories. :happy34: