IGNORED

Keeping My Man Card

BigLenny

I'm going to say this one time, and one time only. Tonight, I am going to take my wife to see Barry Manilow (or, Barely Man-enough, as some of my redneck friends call him). I will not tolerate any discussions of me giving up my man card.

It is ok to drive her there in your pick up truck as long as you stay in the truck to wait for her to come back out after the concert.

OR

Deposit your man card into the slot in the top of your paper shredder.

This is not a discussion, just a statement.

I'm going to say this one time, and one time only. Tonight, I am going to take my wife to see Barry Manilow (or, Barely Man-enough, as some of my redneck friends call him). I will not tolerate any discussions of me giving up my man card.

I know where you are coming from . I had to do that same thing about 15 years ago and I survived the experience. :big-grin-emoticon:

As a musician, I have to respect some things about him.

- he earned a degree in composition from one of the most respected schools in the world, The Julliard School of Music

- he has made millions not only from his pop songs, but from other music.

- recognize any of these?

- get a bucket of chicken, finger lickin' good

- it's the real thing, Coke is

- Dr. Pepper, so misunderstood

- you deserve a break today, so get out and get away to McDonalds

- like a good neighbor, State Farm is there

- I'm stuck on Band Aid, cause Band Aid's stuck on me

And the list goes on.....

It's one thing to have a million seller on the charts, but jingles pay residuals every single time they are aired.

His stage persona may be a bit questionable, but as a businessman, he has it covered.

So,,, the concerts over,, anybody heard from Lenny? He is probably out having the time of his life while all the rest of GUYS are sitting here clutching our cards and staring at a stupid computer screen :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

If I remember the story he made a dang good living writing jingles. Enough he didnt have to tour all the time, like most performers, and it also afforded him the opportunity to write many of his hits. Now is he a performer I want to go see? Not on the top of my list for sure, but I do think he is a good musician. Just not my style.

If I remember the story he made a dang good living writing jingles. Enough he didnt have to tour all the time, like most performers, and it also afforded him the opportunity to write many of his hits. Now is he a performer I want to go see? Not on the top of my list for sure, but I do think he is a good musician. Just not my style.

Right there with ya DJ - not my style either.. Not even close to these two fine country singers...

Hello All,

Sorry to be so long to respond, but, ever since the Barry Manilow concert, I earned so many points with my wife, she hasn't let me outa the sack long enough to send a message to you folks. I'm worn out, but I gotta tell ya, if she's gonna react like this every time I take her to a Manilow concert, I'm gonna hafta take a gander at his schedule and hit the road following him. LOL.

So Big Lenny, can you imagine what poor Barry Manilow has had to endure, dealing with the ladies, for his entire adult life?

Here's another little known fact that you may find interesting. Being that he has a high quality formal education, and is an astute businessman, early in his career he evaluated his chance of success by analyzing his demographic carefully. He found that demo to be women aged 25 to 50, and set about developing a "formula" for his songs to appeal to his targeted demo.

All of his songs are structured alike, meaning they are in a very few keys, and they change to a new key at the same place. The subject material is usually similar among all his songs.

Would I go to one of his concerts? No, unless I was assured the subsequent rewards would be worth it. The lovely Barbie isn't a fan......