IGNORED

@Cowpuc status Update

videoarizona

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

doc appointment went well, no sign of infection! wait till you guys see my fingers = AWESOME!! Already into doing excersizes even with open wounds. saw therapist too, he said 75% on little finger is well within reason if i do my hand stretches = it was at under 5%!! not to bad pain even with gaping holes that have to fill in. all well, should be good for may hot dogs = YEEEEEHAWWWW! pics tomorrow when we do excersizes and rebandage!! @Barrycuda, are you a hand therapist? Either way bro, THANK YOU for your profession choice = therapist rock!!:thumbsup::thumbsup: this medical stuff is amazing, THANK YOU to anyone here working in med field too = just amazing what you folks do!!!!:thumbsup:

Glad to hear you're doing fine after surgery. If you, or tippy want to PM me your specifics, including what you are doing therapy wise, I may be able to help you out. Key thing is doing something daily and not over doing. Keep me posted. We love ya here my friend...

The very best part of this whole thread as I started to read through it.... I had been away riding for a couple days sorry..... was to see that The Puc had hit Like and Thanks to every response here.

All the best to you Scott and don't be to much of a pain in the :moon: as you heal.

Another...all the best...from up north. We're very glad to hear things are looking awesome for you.

Exercise, exercise, exercise...but I'm sure you've heard that before!

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:missingtooth::missingtooth:

DSCN2243.JPG

DSCN2244.JPG

DSCN2265.JPG

DSCN2267.JPG

DSCN2268.JPG

DSCN2271.JPG

DSCN2272.JPG

DSCN2263.JPG

Looks to me like that hand WILL grab a hot dog......or grab a fistful of front brake !! [emoji1303]

:dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:7_2_102[1]::7_2_102[1]::7_2_104[1]::7_6_3[1]::7_6_2[1]::7_6_2[1]::900[1]::bikersmilie::bikersmilie::900[1]::900[1]::7_2_104[1]::7_6_2[1]::7_6_3[1]::7_6_3[1]::7_2_104[1]::bighug::bighug::Im not listening to:Im not listening to:fatsmiley::fatsmiley::fatsmiley::fatsmiley::fatsmiley::fatsmiley::fatsmiley::fatsmiley::fatsmiley::fatsmiley::fatsmiley::fatsmiley::fatsmiley::fatsmiley::big-grin-emoticon:

soon,,,,,,,,,,,, very very soon my friend!:thumbsup:

DSCN1698.JPG

DSCN1697.JPG

DSCN1059.JPG

OK I have to ask, what happened to Cowpuc's hand? :think: I know I've not been on a lot lately but can't figure out how I missed this one! :stickpoke: Also glade to see that you are getting better. :beer: I'm the last one who should be saying anything about listening to doctors or therapist so I wont. :ignore: I never do and it will probably be the death of me. :yikes:

OK I have to ask, what happened to Cowpuc's hand? :think: I know I've not been on a lot lately but can't figure out how I missed this one! :stickpoke: Also glade to see that you are getting better. :beer: I'm the last one who should be saying anything about listening to doctors or therapist so I wont. :ignore: I never do and it will probably be the death of me. :yikes:

Glad to hear you're doing fine after surgery. If you, or tippy want to PM me your specifics, including what you are doing therapy wise, I may be able to help you out. Key thing is doing something daily and not over doing. Keep me posted. We love ya here my friend...

Here is a short explain of what is going on Huggy. Barry, if you happen to see this and have ANY advice that you would be so kind as to share with ur ol buddy it would be grealy appreciated - PM is fine if you think it best.. THANKS AGAIN to all you well wishers!! Hope this vid isnt to gross!!

Also, there is a portion of this vid that points out some possibilies for making our own fairings, saddlebags and even trunks. Thinking I will ask The Docs for any left over pieces of brace material!! Take a peek and see what ya think!!

OK, thanks for the reply puc. Looked up Dupuytren's trigger finger. Never heard of it, very interesting. My wife just suffers from regular trigger finger. After reading about it glad to see your recovering so well. Interesting video.

That video with the stretching and exercises is EXACTLY what you should be doing. Quite frankly I'm shocked your surgeon didn't write an order for physical therapy. Why? Because the PT or PTA can soft tissue massage, flex, extend and even ultrasound an area where it's more difficult for you. Hmmmm why no physical therapy script? As for the exercises, do them as much as you can in a pain free range. It's ok to feel a stretch, but not sharp shooting pain. Make sure you do the wrist as well as the forearm because the tendons attach. If you are interested and can swing it, I would ask the surgeon for some out patient PT, so you can get the max treatment care. Either way DO THOSE exercises often. Get plenty of rest and proper nutrients to help healing process. Beer and hot dogs do not count...

That video with the stretching and exercises is EXACTLY what you should be doing. Quite frankly I'm shocked your surgeon didn't write an order for physical therapy. Why? Because the PT or PTA can soft tissue massage, flex, extend and even ultrasound an area where it's more difficult for you. Hmmmm why no physical therapy script? As for the exercises, do them as much as you can in a pain free range. It's ok to feel a stretch, but not sharp shooting pain. Make sure you do the wrist as well as the forearm because the tendons attach. If you are interested and can swing it, I would ask the surgeon for some out patient PT, so you can get the max treatment care. Either way DO THOSE exercises often. Get plenty of rest and proper nutrients to help healing process. Beer and hot dogs do not count...

THANK YOU SIR CUDA!!! Been hittin that workout pretty regular, its back to the surgeon in a couple weeks unless problems occur. will definitly inquire about your suggestions then. I am thinking they would like to see some swelling down and skin to be replaced by then. was told to avoid stress/pressure pain while stretching as you mention. yes, i did get pt script and that is where i learned excersizes and wound care. will be seeing pt guy again right after visit with surgeon..

Thanks again Barry - love ya brother!!

Puc

p.s. - tip sends her love too and says Thank you!!!

Beer and Hot Dogs don't count???:backinmyday: Man your bedside manner needs some work Barry!!:backinmyday: How can a feller be expected to heal with out the proper nutrients?? LOL!!:Avatars_Gee_George: I'm off this morning to see why I pee in 5 different directions now?? But one of the up side things is it don't pay to tic me off now cause I cain't miss!! Barry is right on Puc, do all ya can but don't push it til ya get that pain that you will know its saying..."Back off or I'm going to act like a Hardley and scatter parts everywhere!!" I remember this lesson real well from whem they had to go in and replace all hardware in leg. I was doing great just pushed a little too hard. Be carefull with it Bro and listen to Tippy....:backinmyday::Avatars_Gee_George::Avatars_Gee_George::mugshot: Reading it over over I can see someone cracking on me for being so mean to Barry..just the way things have been going lately!! Puc, Barry and I know that weren't the intent......

Edited by Yammer Dan

That don't look near as bad as I had envisioned. That means that you are half way there bro. Keep up the good work and in no time at all you will be able to tell me I am #1 without wincing .................

You don't think you will have to tell me I am #1 ? Remember that 60° SNOW you were talking about................?:moon:

Beer and Hot Dogs don't count???:backinmyday: Man your bedside manner needs some work Barry!!:backinmyday: How can a feller be expected to heal with out the proper nutrients?? LOL!!:Avatars_Gee_George: I'm off this morning to see why I pee in 5 different directions now?? But one of the up side things is it don't pay to tic me off now cause I cain't miss!! Barry is right on Puc, do all ya can but don't push it til ya get that pain that you will know its saying..."Back off or I'm going to act like a Hardley and scatter parts everywhere!!" I remember this lesson real well from whem they had to go in and replace all hardware in leg. I was doing great just pushed a little too hard. Be carefull with it Bro and listen to Tippy....:backinmyday::Avatars_Gee_George::Avatars_Gee_George::mugshot: Reading it over over I can see someone cracking on me for being so mean to Barry..just the way things have been going lately!! Puc, Barry and I know that weren't the intent......

i love you brother,, i love you cause you you know exactly how to put reality into words - lingo I can understand!!! if that doctor would have told me not to over do it or it would come apart like an over revved hardley THEN i would have gotten the point :happy34::happy65:

Danl,, glad you are also one of my brothers who can read between the lines of the playful chatter around this place and realise the true intent of 99% of comments and such,, it's all internet nonsense when it comes to pickin on each other.. the real intent and love dont show up till we gather around the campfire, prop our road weary riding toes up on log and hang a hot dog on a stick over the fire and are able to solve the worlds problems in real life..

until that time bro,, just KNOW you are truly loved here and that my thoughts and prayers UP are with you too as chase the front wheel to the doctors today!!:happy34:

That don't look near as bad as I had envisioned. That means that you are half way there bro. Keep up the good work and in no time at all you will be able to tell me I am #1 without wincing .................

You don't think you will have to tell me I am #1 ? Remember that 60° SNOW you were talking about................?:moon:

fool is #1 ,,, fool is #1 ,, fool is #1 ,,, fool is #1 , that last batch of white wash caught me off guard and fool is #1 :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

wait till these hands get working again and i am gonna take my #1 5 pounder and ride tweeks over to walkee and put whoopin on a wisconsin white wash machine but till then,,, flyinfool is DEFINITLY #1 !!!:rasberry::rasberry::rasberry::rasberry::rasberry::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon::moon:

@cowpuc - I have to say that video of your hand made me wince. [emoji33].....and I worked in a hospital X-ray dept. when I was young and saw lots of gore. [emoji102] Sue and I are wishing you a speedy recovery. [emoji1303]

hear that brother,,, thinkin i was a tough guy or something as the doc was unwrappin it the 1st time,, then i looked at it and WOW did i get light headed - didnt see that coming :big-grin-emoticon: doc looked at me, sitting there wearing my favorite tough guy Harley hat :Cartoon_397: and says,, dont you pass out on me now:sign67:...

them hot dogs days is coming brother!!!!!

:happy34:

Hey Scott, didn't watch the video but after your reply above it reminded me of getting my knee sewn up once and the doc sayin maybe I should lie down while she did the sewin and I said, no I'll watch. Took one pass with the needle for me to get light headed and lie down. No blood, no pain, just watchin did it. Always remember that and what the mind can do.

Glad all is going well with you

Hey puc have you thought of getting your own ultra-sound machine? We have one here and it's been a real help. We also have a tens machine. We had a physiotherapist coming in or the wife's mother and since she could come in only every two weeks we bought our own and she said they are quite good to have as long as you use them properly. Of course she gave us instructions on how to use them, when where and for what and for how long each time. :223: