IGNORED

Better half is height challenged...advice please!

Bert2006

Now that I got your attention here is what I need to solve. When we ride on the RSV my wife cannot see above me. I am 5'11 and she is 4'11. She is getting tired of only seeing to the sides and finds even my sholders a challenge to look over. I bought an Air Hawk 2 seat pad hoping to raise her seating position but that would gain an inch at best. :bang head:

Has anyone found a solution ...please help...I used the words:whistling: - booster seat - :whistling:with her today and that did not go too well...:shock3:

This is a VERY interesting subject Bert. One that has :think: Tippy and I for a long time. In our case, the RSV seating makes my wife Tip feel like she is sitting a way to high above me (she is tall). We LOVE the seating on Tweeks, our 83 1st Gen because it puts her in just the right spot to be able to see above me when I am leaned back against her. My thought was always that if we ever did find the need to swap out to an RSV I would get ahold of the seat guru here on VR = Rick Butler and see if he could produce an RSV seat to our specs:fingers-crossed-emo.

I would suggest that you do the same.. If the Butler mod seat champ cant do this, I am SURE that there are custom seat folks somewhere out there that could make a custom seat for you folks that would put those seat height needs exactly where you want them!:thumbsup:

By the way Bert, we have never owned or actually ridden a Gen 2. I have been told that one of the issues with the 2nd Gen has to do with the passenger having to do with more wind buffeting than on the 1st Gen fixed fairing scoots.. I wonder if your wife being shorter like she is may actually not be a blessing in disguise when it comes to that issue?

By the way Bert, we have never owned or actually ridden a Gen 2. I have been told that one of the issues with the 2nd Gen has to do with the passenger having to do with more wind buffeting than on the 1st Gen fixed fairing scoots.. I wonder if your wife being shorter like she is may actually not be a blessing in disguise when it comes to that issue?

As you know Puc, my better half isn't exactly "long tall Sally", measuring a little over 5'3". :innocent: She sits plenty high to see over me on our Gen 2 and reports NO wind buffeting and brother, she would let me know if there was a problem !! :buttkick:

Find out how much height she needs/wants and have a custom seat built.

I'd start by adding padding to the existing seat until she finds the balance between visibility, buffeting, feet to peg length and overall "do I feel safe" feeling.

Then have the seat made.

Or, she can knuckle under and use a booster seat.

:)

I'm with Kevin on this. My lady has been thinking about riding her own bike. So I took the VStar 950 Tourer off the market....as it would be the perfect bike for her...she's 5'4" and shrinking! You may want to approach her on that topic, Bert. See what kind of response you get.

My lady is a control person anyway, so having her own scoot makes sense on multiple levels.. Course, I would end up doing maintenance to it anyway!!

david

She is absolutely not interested in riding her own bike. I would love it if she would, but that is not going to happen soon. Having said that though, her younger sister just bought her first bike....maybe that will sway her thinking ...time will tell.:confused24:

She is absolutely not interested in riding her own bike. I would love it if she would, but that is not going to happen soon. Having said that though, her younger sister just bought her first bike....maybe that will sway her thinking ...time will tell.:confused24:

My missus is the same way, no interest in riding but perfectly happy as pax.

She had her own bikes when she was younger (long before she met me) and got her fill of it.

It also didn't help that her first bike was an R6. Never really scared her, but she never really was comfortable with the power and handling either. She also kind of got it beciase her ex-husband was into racing (at Shubie) and it seemed to fit their lifestyle at the time.

That's another thing she never wants to be involved with again: racing.

:(

This is what my wife saw in Charleston, on the Dragon and in Kalamazoo.

And this is why she used to read paper backs, now reads her Kindle.

Never was much of a Tattoo kinda lop eared varmint but always told Tip that if I did ever did get one I was going to get "DOT" tattooed on the back of the little bald spot on my beaner so we could have pictures like that:thumbsup: