IGNORED

Home from WNY Rally

adventurer 08

Just got home from a fantastic weekend in NY, a big thank you to all of the New York crew that put on a great rally. Great band, great food, and of course great people. Thank You Thank You Thank You!!! :fatsmiley:
\

So glad you came up.....the WNY clan love doing this rally....thank you for attending..

We got home around 3:30 Beautiful ride home! Want to send out a BIG THANK YOU to Pioneer Motorsports and all the folks from NY that work so hard to put on this awesome party!! The venue is perfect, the people are great, the food was delicious and the band did rock! Also wanted to thank everyone who was kind enough to let me demo their rides, really enjoyed them all. Sign us up for next year!!

Craig & Kim

Debbie and I got home little while ago. would have been a little sooner but while getting gas in middle of ohio I stopped and helped a lady change her tire she kept calling someone for help on how to get the tire and jack out. So once we got that done back on the road for a uneventful but great ride home. And to add to what has already been said A big thankyou to the western new York gang for a fabulous time hope to make it again. :thumbsup: joe and debbie

Thanks a big bunch to the Western New York folks for all of their hard work! This rally should be on your "got to go there" list. Great activities, great folks, great venue. We thoroughly enjoyed the folks and the events. and we laughed, a lot! Heck, the only time I can get Matt to go on a planned vacation is to this rally and MD at Don's! That says something :) Finally saw a prop plane flying around (on the scavenger hunt list) just before we stopped in Ellicottville :) walked around a bit and got to Matt's around 4:30, unpacked his stuff and an hour later I was home. Had a small hiccup. See if you can figure out what happened from this photo.IMG_1603.jpg Prize the the first correct answer ;-)

Edited by MJ44

Hard right turn? And by the way I still can't get that picture out of my head. So it's off to Walmart for some eye bleach, Hope everyone makes it home safe.:fingers-crossed-emo
Safe and sound. Just get an eye patch and you'll be okay ;-) You are close, though....

To the "Clan" in WNY, thanks for a great weekend and good times catching up with folks we have seen in some time.

Pulled into the driveway @ 6:30p and put on 888Km (just of 550 miles) this weekend. BIGTOM and COMPANY, many thanks.

Steve and Michele

Thanks a big bunch to the Western New York folks for all of their hard work! This rally should be on your "got to go there" list. Great activities, great folks, great venue. We thoroughly enjoyed the folks and the events. and we laughed, a lot! Heck, the only time I can get Matt to go on a planned vacation is to this rally and MD at Don's! That says something :) Finally saw a prop plane flying around (on the scavenger hunt list) just before we stopped in Ellicottville :) walked around a bit and got to Matt's around 4:30, unpacked his stuff and an hour later I was home. Had a small hiccup. See if you can figure out what happened from this photo.[ATTACH=CONFIG]101235[/ATTACH] Prize the the first correct answer ;-)

Reading thru the list, kinda like ol Santee Clause (checking the list and checking it twice :big-grin-emoticon:) making sure all our friends are getting home ok:thumbsup:. Sounds like everyone had a great time - wish we could have made it!!!:95: Keep riding safe out there ya bunch of lop eared varmints. One if these years Big Tom,,,, one of these years!!!! Tip and I cant wait to experience the THRILLS of the NY Rally - you and your team have got it going on brother!!:thumbsup:

MJ,, I LOVE guessing games.. Judging by the pic, guessing I am looking at a side car rig, looks like your foot peg was attached to that down tube - got stepped on and dented the down tube in, then who ever was stepping on it slid off and landed on the small bracket with the two bolts below it = bending it too? Hope I am correct and it wasnt some kind of an accident involving hitting something my friend.. :thumbsup:

MJ,, I LOVE guessing games.. Judging by the pic, guessing I am looking at a side car rig, looks like your foot peg was attached to that down tube - got stepped on and dented the down tube in, then who ever was stepping on it slid off and landed on the small bracket with the two bolts below it = bending it too? Hope I am correct and it wasnt some kind of an accident involving hitting something my friend.. :thumbsup:

Good description Puc! You are correct, it is a sidecar (and I had absolutely no luck convincing anyone to get a hack) Luckily, no accident. The foot peg, which I just put on a week ago, came in handy to hold the broken part, but was not part of it. No stepping involved, but there was bending.... :(

We got home about 7 after stopping for dinner and then the sky opened up. Just pouring rain here now.

As for the WNY it's what's already been said. Great event, greater people. This rally can be truly listed as an international rally too. Annie & Al from Australia, Jonas & Kristjan (spelling?) from Iceland, then a whole lot of our Canadian friends. Looking forward to next year already.

Larry

Edited by Carbon_One

A huge thank you to the wny folks for a great weekend, not only was it packed with things to do, but the comedy throughout the day was never ending. :cool10::banana: And of course there stood Rockin Robin, majority of the time showing everyone they were number "1":amen::amen:. Couldn't have been a better weekend with the weather, and meeting all the people that we see online. The group outdid themselves, yet again...can't wait to see what will take place next year. :dancefool::sign outstanding::sign killer dude:

:ice_thy-vi101212101

Departed at 0340 and arrived home at 3pm. Dodged about 20 deer!!! Caught rain the last 50 miles but decided to just press on as due to crazy MASS drivers...

Thanks to the WNY gang for a terrific weekend. Enjoyed all your adventures, food and music. Thanks to Bob and Gary for changing out my clutch...OH and also thanks the 7 supervisors providing expert advice to Gary during the install. Also thanks, to the guys for helping get my CB online.....

If anyone adventures out near Rochester, NH give me a shout.

Thanks Everyone

Thanks a big bunch to the Western New York folks for all of their hard work! This rally should be on your "got to go there" list. Great activities, great folks, great venue. We thoroughly enjoyed the folks and the events. and we laughed, a lot! Heck, the only time I can get Matt to go on a planned vacation is to this rally and MD at Don's! That says something :) Finally saw a prop plane flying around (on the scavenger hunt list) just before we stopped in Ellicottville :) walked around a bit and got to Matt's around 4:30, unpacked his stuff and an hour later I was home. Had a small hiccup. See if you can figure out what happened from this photo.[ATTACH=CONFIG]101235[/ATTACH] Prize the the first correct answer ;-)
Id say you hit a pot hole and and the side car linkage bounced up and hit what looks like a shock.

As for myself, I too had a fantastic time with my favorite bunch of friends (and that includes newly made friends). MJ, my wife loved the picture of you giving me a ride in your side car. She made some comment about roll reversal and chuckled. Larry Thanks for letting MC Tom and me take your sling shot for a joy ride. Even as I was leaving to go home Tom and I looked at each other and started laughing again like two school kids playing hooky and getting into trouble (probably a good thing we actually never did go to school together).

My only Regret is that there were far too many people that I did not get to spend more time with. It seems like you have all the time in the world to spread yourself around and then before you know it, it's over and your saying good bye to everyone inc some you did not even get around to talking too. Hopefully many of those will be there again next year so I can make up for it and WNY people don't even think about not doing this again next year as that would be a major criminal offense. I also need to thank The count (Steve and Michelle) for bailing me out when my air mattress blew and the replacement I bought was defective and would not hold air, by loaning me a spare mattress they had. Craig and Kim thank you for the loan of your shower. Sure beats standing in front of a sink full of cold water.

Big Tom, Robin, Pioneer Sports and everyone else involved in making this annual event (yes I said annual and it better remain so) happen, thanks for all your hard work and another successful and fantastic event. As I tell anyone who asks, If I can only make it to one VR event WNY will be at the top of the list.

It was a bit scary When while packing up everyone started yelling at me to get my butt over to the walkway ASAP and be told Kristjan got rear ended. Thankfully it was very minor as far MC accidents go and I was able to leave for home knowing that he was OK.

Jonas as always good to see you and Kristjan again ( and I am considering your advice about getting psychiatric help :think:) But is it really that strange that someone actually likes BLACK DEATH :whistling:

As for myself I made it home safe and sound despite a minor setback http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?108698-Home-from-WNY-But-not-without-incident and I can't finish this sentence without giving thanks to Marcarl (Carl) who in his usually caring fashion got permission from customs to come back through and see if he could help get me up and rolling again.

Until next we meet everyone Ride safe and stay healthy :bighug:

Edited by saddlebum

T'was a great rally,,, or maybe better called retreat. A time to be able to leave all your troubles elsewhere and if you couldn't leave them, you wouldn't have time to worry over them anyways. Just so many friends and great people to meet and click with,,,, right from the time you get up (coffee from Timmies @ Bens, thanks Jay) to the time you fall over in bed. Company was such as is wished for, food went down with no issue, you never needed to be thirsty, and if you sat in a corner to silently watch the proceedings?? somebody would be sure to join you.

Thanks to the crew that put this together,,, can't wait for the next time we can make it.

Special thanks for Pioneer Motorsports for their input and their involvement without expecting anything in return,,,,, just awesome!!!

Id say you hit a pot hole and and the side car linkage bounced up and hit what looks like a shock.

If I hit anything, I'd blame it on Matt! We pullled on to Route 219 and the most awful grinding sound came from my bike. I'm more of a car person and my first thoughts were "I blew out the tranny and how far away is a flatbed?" The steering damper that runs from the sidecar to the front wheel came off. Highway repair with the bandanna and off we went. It's driveable, but has a bit of a wobble around 45 to 55 mph. Also a bit shakier over rough spots. I'll get it back on.

Glad your wife like the picture :) We had a great time talking with you!

If I hit anything, I'd blame it on Matt! We pullled on to Route 219 and the most awful grinding sound came from my bike. I'm more of a car person and my first thoughts were "I blew out the tranny and how far away is a flatbed?" The steering damper that runs from the sidecar to the front wheel came off. Highway repair with the bandanna and off we went. It's driveable, but has a bit of a wobble around 45 to 55 mph. Also a bit shakier over rough spots. I'll get it back on.

Glad your wife like the picture :) We had a great time talking with you!

My guess was.......when I was driving your hack I couldn't avoid one of those old bikers that were all just standing around and I must of ran one over. And that his bandana was left hung up on the front of the hack.

(And a special shout out to that photographer!)

Edited by The Tooch

The Tooch has landed rubber side up and no slide'n! Home safe and sound. (Now this could be my problem?! RUBBER SIDE DOWN!)

Got the new to me trailer across the boarder no problem and the duty on it was only 56 bucks! Thanks Steamer & RockinRobin you lived through a never ending saga over that trailer and I am truly thankful for your friendship and consideration.

Big thanks to Bongobob & Becky who took me into their home the extra night I had to stay. They made me feel a part of their cat family! Bongo is a gourmet breakfast chef! Who knew?!

As everyone else has said.....Just a great time! Thank you BigTom and the WNY gang......AWESOME!

Edited by The Tooch
Get the right side up or is it down?