IGNORED

Frog Toggs, anyone go t'em? anything better?

Great White

I bought my wife and I both a set of Frogg's way back when. We'd never had them with us, (I know, duh) til we went on a trip last Sept. I really like them as they "breathe" and won't sweat you to death. They pack up almost to nothing so the don't take up much space. I also waterproof my shoes so I don't have to deal with any kind of overboot.

I used them back when I was a tournament bass fisherman, and they were great for that purpose. Tried to use them a few years ago for riding, and for most cases, worked fine. But in a down pour, the water that would run down the front, onto the seat would leak in thru the seam and get me really wet down there.

Maybe they have improved in the past 5 or 6 years. I have considered giving them another try.

Great White,

Make sure you buy the Frogg Toggs from a bike shop. They are thicker and designed for conditions like high winds and such. If you buy them from a sporting goods store, they won't perform as needed. They are thinner and designed for fishing and stuff.

Go to the FRogg Toggs website and look at the different levels before make your purchase. Many people just buy a set from a sporting goods store and when they don't work like they should they proclaim Frogg Toggs as not a good product. You have to buy the right Frogg Togg product for the activity you're doing.

I have a set of Frogg Toggs, Highway Toadz, Style number NTH65125 in Hi-Viz Lime Green with NTH85105 pants. Debbie bought them for me while on our New England Tour. I thought they were rather expensive, but she said "Happy Birthday".

I have worn them through a few rainstorms since, and found the jacket to keep me dry and comfortable.

The pants leaked though in the crotch. While riding, the crotch of my pants formed a catch basin in which rain water finally penetrated. Perhaps the pants were mis-sized and because of the larger than needed waist, the excess material bunched and collected water. I have a 36 inch inseam and had to have a larger waist than needed in order to get the leg length I did require. YMMV.

I keep the Road Toad's in my bike at all times, they pack small and are handy when you get caught in a pop-up rain shower. They've been with me through 4 bikes now and other than a bit of heat damage that was properly repaired with Frogg Toggs brand heat patch they have stood up well. Been through all day wet riding multiple times without getting clammy. I still keep them for around town use but touring and I know their will be rain I wear Tourmaster pants.

The wife and I both have the Frogg Toggs and last year we went 5 hrs in rain and high winds and stayed dry. They don't "balloon" out and I don't know how they do it but they breath so you don't sweat to death! I don't know that I would try anything else after that experience.

I have a set of Frogg Toggs, Highway Toadz, Style number NTH65125 in Hi-Viz Lime Green with NTH85105 pants. Debbie bought them for me while on our New England Tour. I thought they were rather expensive, but she said "Happy Birthday".

I have worn them through a few rainstorms since, and found the jacket to keep me dry and comfortable.

The pants leaked though in the crotch. While riding, the crotch of my pants formed a catch basin in which rain water finally penetrated. Perhaps the pants were mis-sized and because of the larger than needed waist, the excess material bunched and collected water. I have a 36 inch inseam and had to have a larger waist than needed in order to get the leg length I did require. YMMV.

Wet crotch was my experience as well, but that was several years ago. Some have told me that they don't have the same problem. I love how light they are and cooler than most other rain gear and willing to give them another try.

Yep, I thinks it's my third year on this set of Froggs, (from a bikes shop) and 2 years on an old set of used ones I bought off a member here way back. The used set impressed me so much with the durability and the breathability I bought the new ones with some new features. I wear the pants in the near zero temps and the jacket year round for rain and wind protection. Never a leak on the pants so many bring up.

I've had coworkers that knew I liked the Froggs and bought them at suppliers like Wall World and were not happy with the durability of those. You compare the material between the bike house and box store and you'll see the difference.

For the money, not much to compare with in my opinion. Add a few bucks and you can find better products.

I have had my frogg toggs for about 5 or 6 years and rode through some real day long down pours and only got a wet crotch on one occasion and that was when I happened to be dead stopped in traffic just as the sky split wide open and the water pooled on my bike seat. Dang that was cold. What I really love about them even though there may be stuff out there that is more water proof is that they breath and are supper comfortable even with extra clothing under them.

P/S don't try swimming in them - under those conditions they soak up a lot of water and get real heavy - and if you must know why I was swimming in them it was because I managed to flip the canoe while fishing (Don't ask ---lets just say it was a Yammer move and leave it at that) and oh yeah I guess my crotch got a little wet that time too.

I have a pir of Nelso Riggs and a Tourmaster. Both 2 piece deals. Had them for like 7 yr now and still work well. They can be hot inb90+ weather. Sometimes you just have to decide if the rain would be a refreshing rinse. The PVC type gear is all I have ever had, so its what I have had luck with.

I have and use frog toggs over my jackets even though my alpine stars and motoport Kevlar jacket and pants have the rain liner. They are light, fit over the jacket, easy to dry and store away and even if it not raining yet or the rain stops, they aren't bulky or cumbersome and you can keep wearing over your gear.

We have two sets we purchased at Academy Sports and we only paid $19.95 each for them, thats way lower than what they cost elsewhere, I thought it was a mistake but last time I looked they were still the same price. Haven't had to use them yet, and have had them for over a year, they stay in the trike and dont take up much room at all.