IGNORED

So ho did you spend your Sunday morning?

Great White

Went for my Sunday morning ride. One of my usual haunts is Madera Canyon. Cooler up there...I live on the other side of this Valley you can see way off in the distance.

IMG_20150628_084836_696.jpg

Try to leave before 7 am...get back before 10. To dang hot after that. Oh, breakfast burrito was good.

Edited by videoarizona
add

I spent the morning sipping coffee and trolling facebook...

I'm told but since I don't do boats that a boston whaler is an absolute must for boating on the ocean. I say this because my Father in law has one that hasn't seen water since before Mike and I started dating 15yrs ago....it's land locked in the garage at my in-laws in North Georgia.

Edited by GAWildKat

A beautiful morning, so got on the Trike and first went to Menards and bought 2 tee shirts, on sale. Then after cruising the Interstate for a few miles, I went out to a local "look out point" called "Louis & Clark Monument." From that high Memorial spot I could see the Interstate 29 traffic for several miles, going both North and South, plus watching planes on the entire landing strips of Eppley Airport in North Omaha. What a view!

went to a HD dealer open house in Lapeer MI, had hot dogs a cold drink with the wife. Came home call my B/L to come in and take a ride on the Harley followed on the RSTD. He has not rode in over forty years so a was happy with a short 10 mile ride.

Great job. I'm sure you saved some lives there.

Yep. They were on the bow for 2 hrs before we got to them. Automatic liferaft deployment failed on them. Went down so fast they had no time for anything except scramble out of their bunks. Luckily their beacon was tied to a bouy and popped up a couple minutes after it went under. Just as we pulled the last guy off the boat it reared up, popped its bubble that was caught in the bow and went straight to the bottom.

Lucky boys...

My day was not nearly as exciting as yours was GW but way more exciting than Yammer's. Before going on, just want you to know how very much you and your guys are appreciated. When my boat went down 20 miles offshore I had a buddy standing by so it was not necessary to have the CG come and get me. Never had to get rescued again but there were 5 or 6 serious incidents during the 30 years I spent on the water when having the CG monitoring the situation was a significant relief.

I usually get up at 0545 to go to work but Sunday being my day off I did plan to sleep in a bit. So much for plans, woke at 0400 and was so bored by 0430 that I got up. Drank coffees and read the VR forums for a while then decided to make pita bread from scratch for the first time. While the dough was rising dismantled the right side dash panel on the 89. The cigarette lighter socket had shorted out and melted its way out of the hole. Put in a new one and then cooked the pitas.

After that. patched the mounting holes for the panel that holds the CLASS and CB. Four of the six holes were broken/missing. Put in some MEK and ABS putty as a first step and tomorrow the panel comes off and gets the second filling. Took some pix and will do a little write up when it's finished. While that was setting up, put a loaf of bread on to bake. Love my bread machine.

So while the panel is curing and the bread is getting made, pulled the right passenger board off. Remember my issue with the brake light? Found out that did not help to get at the switch. Oh well... Tried for a while to get to the switch from under the bike but couldn't, fat hands I guess. The spring is stretched. So tomorrow will be pulling the muffler off which will hopefully allow me to get in to remove the spring. Fresh pita and sausage for a late lunch.

Mowed the lawn then put the dash panels back together. By then it was time to start cooking dinner. Rockin Moroccan vegetable stew...awesome. Spent the rest of the evening looking into Bluetooth headphones and decided that SMH10 kit you mentioned would be the most practical and safest choice. Oh ya, somewhere in there I found a couple of old keyboard dongles that will do fine to adapt to a 3.5 mm stereo jack.

Tonight I ordered a cheap Bluetooth transmitter off Amazon. If that will pair with my SMH10 then I'll pull the trigger on the kit.

It's a good thing that days off only happen once a week. :thumbsup: