IGNORED

Couldn't help myself

Gary N.

I took the new to me RSV down the road for a short ride this afternoon. Only went a couple of miles so I didn't get a real good chance for evaluation yet. So far so good. I have to lose the stock windshield and the brick and stone tires. The steering head may need a little attention. I didn't really get the oil warmed up but so far I didn't notice any whine, at least not compared to my '03. Lots of noise from the tires though.

:322:

Hey Gary, did the same thing myself on sat., not very far, roads still ful of salt, but it sure felt good.

As far as the whine goes, I"m hard of hearing, so I'm not worried about hearing the whine.

We'll be riding soon enough.

Steve

Glad to hear. It rained all day here, but I am not ready anyway. :innocent:

Curious is the windshield too tall ? Did you get the goodies on the bike yet ? Did you need us young fellows to come down and work your tools again :rotf:

BRad

Me too. I made the jump from a 1300 VTX two months ago to a new to me 07 RSV. More of a difference than I would have imagined. I loved the VTX. Rode to work all last week. 30 degrees at 6:00 AM. 50 - 55 at 3:00 PM. Very surprised how well it separates the wind & cuts thru the cold. Today it snowed. Got to love Colorado. I'm new to RSV's but old to scooters. I'm new to this scene. I really appreciate this site. It has helped me learn a lot about the RSV in a short amount of time. Like you all, I can't wait for decent weather to really test this machine. Thanks to all you pioneers who have "grass rooted" this site. Us "newbees" are forever grateful. Keep up the good work. DNB in Denver.

Boy that's good news and a lot sooner than I expected. Good for you my friend. A little at a time, and you'll get there. Seems the body is rebuilding aokay so far huh, it'll go faster the better it gets and the warmer the weather.

Hello Gary, we haven’t met yet and I don’t post that often but I do keep up on the daily posts. Seems strange to say but I’m particularly happy to hear you’re up and riding. You’ve come a long way and I look up to you for the respect you have among our members and for how you’ve managed your challenges over the past year. Whatever you’re doing keep it up, you are an inspiration and I thank you for that.

:thumbsup2:

Glad to hear it. If you didn't hear any whine then you probably won't. Mine starts whining at any temp. Its usually 25 in second 35 in 3rd like that where its really loud and doesn't seem to make a difference if I just started it for the day or just got back on after riding for a couple of hours and taking a 5 minute break.

Glad to hear. It rained all day here, but I am not ready anyway. :innocent:

Curious is the windshield too tall ? Did you get the goodies on the bike yet ? Did you need us young fellows to come down and work your tools again :rotf:

BRad

Brad, yes the windshield is tooooo tall. It does do a good job of blocking out that cold wind though. I only had a sweat shirt on. Haven't got the goodies on it yet but going out this morning to do a little work. I need to finish robbing parts off of the '03 and get it out of my sight.

You're always welcome to use my tools buddy. So long as your using them on your bike. :stirthepot:

Guest Chaos
Brad, You're always welcome to use my tools buddy. So long as your using them on your bike. :stirthepot:

I see that you are familiar with Brad's work ! ! ! :rotf::rotf::rotf:

Sounds like you are doing well Gary, and that is great news ! ! !

You're always welcome to use my tools buddy. So long as your using them on your bike. :stirthepot:

:rotf:Thanks for the offer. Hope I do not have too though.

I see that you are familiar with Brad's work ! ! !

Not sure I am happy to see you here:stirthepot::rotf:, BUT welcome back. Now if there not a first Gen or Mr. Owl to pick on. :think:

:sign20:

Brad