IGNORED

Ask and you shall receive ( pics of Brenners project)

Brenner

Okay thanks to all that have helped me along the way of my project. Today I was asked again for pics but was not ready to show this bike. You all have been patient so I decided to put some time in and put the bike together enough to get the idea of my paint scheme. When I first got the bike it was brown and full of chrome. My wife felt it id not suit my age so I decided to try to make it look a little newer and to try to reduce most of the chrome. All in all it is still a venture royale and nothing I do will change that. I tried to be tasteful and the upgrades or mods I have made have been the result of this community as a whole. Now bear in mind the pics I am going to show you tonight are not the finished product but rather for me the light at the end of the tunnel. I have to repair and dye the seat all black, put my shiny black trim on yet, install rear plate bracket, install the blacked out grille and side panels, install the drivers backrest and mold my windshield to better shape the bike. I also need to install my handle bar heaters, led side lamps, led underglow and remove the tape deck so I can install a pocket and use my cell phone through the system for my choice of music. In other words I am halfway there. I have decided that if I like the bike I will repaint the bike so my imperfections are not as visible. Now remember I am a newbie to motorcycles and not a body man or painter and this has been my second paint job in my life and the largest to date. Constructive criticism is welcome as most of you know these bike better than I do. I believe I am in at less than $2000 on this project and have almost enough parts to put another bike together and for that price probably would not have been able to find a bike with the upgrades like these that might suit my needs better. Excuse the mess in the background and the poor lighting as it was snowing today and I wanted to get the pics in the sunlight as natural lighting but the sun was setting. Here you go pics of the bike in the classifieds and currently under construction less than an hour old....

WP_20150330_006.jpg

WP_20150330_005.jpg

$_20 (1).JPG

$_20 (2).JPG

$_20.JPG

WP_20150330_003.jpg

Do you want to sell any of the chrome you removed. I am interested in chrome guard under fairing that wraps around front.

Nice color. Did you powder coat the exhausts?

Has seat been recovered?

Gary

Gary, sorry to say I no longer have that chrome piece. I bought a parts bike off an individual who ended up becoming a friend. Well he had a motorcycle drive on lift that he was not using and knew of my project and was kind enough to loan me the lift. His bike is all chrome but did not have that piece so I ended up giving that part to him in appreciation for the use of the lift. If I still had the trim I would have given it to you for nothing as I have no need for it so someone else should benefit from it. A few have helped me and I want to pay it forward to others. My bike has been put together on a budget and the exhaust is high heat paint on the stainless pipes and the original seat was recovered but I am going to try to dye a factory seat I have black and prefer to use it so the patterns match up in the seat and two backrests (drivers and passengers). Maybe once I know I like it I will have them all recovered in matching fabric. The color is synergy green from the camaro ss models and was chosen for high visability as well as trying to make the bike look newer and for a younger man. I broke it up with the brilliant black ( green metallic in sun) from the chrysler hemi models as I found just green was too much alone and with the black I am able to leave some items silver and chrome. I am unsure at this point in time if the exhaust will remain as I have found out that the harley pipes will give me a respectable sound that I prefer over these pipes. I also am second guessing myself on the 4 inch fender chop, the harley windscreen, and on the color and might change it up on the next paint job depending on how much I like the bike. I just want to enjoy it, be proud of it, and to be happy with it, so having it look noticeably different than stock does that for me. I do not like butchered bikes and even though mine is a frankenstien it in my opinion still retains a somewhat factory look.

WOW I like it. When Victory came out with the sour apple green or whatever they call it Cross Country I really drooled for it. Really sharp looking. Yours looks great if a fellow didnt know he might think its a newer Kawi Concours

I'm going to have to see this in person, so when are you coming to visit?

Insurance will be on next Wednesday and I will need a little time learning this bike before I trust it or myself on a trip but I will come sooner if you don't mind me bringing my cage.

I like it but please don't tell me you painted over the chrome vents on the upper fairings, they are kind of rare and in good shape worth a lot...

The chrome vents are on a shelf waiting to find a new home and the ones on the bike are from a parts bike. The only chrome I covered were the side covers near the engine, the crash bars and the chrome venture line grille. I am aware of how much this chrome is loved so I coated them in plastidip so if I ever choose to replace or return to chrome I can pull the coating off and it will be as it was prior to me coating it. I tried to respect the bike and the followers of the bike but wanted something that looked newer and yet different than the norm. If you know of someone who is really deserving of the chrome vents let me know in a PM as it may end up as a pay it forward. I want to share with and respect those who have shared with and respected me.

Thank you all for the kind words and positive comments. I was unsure of how it would be taken by some of the hardcore venture members of this community. I hope it hits the target of respectful, tasteful, and hopefully it "pops" with its highly visible color. This was a bare frame up rebuild and all along I had the green in mind but it was too over powering and when staring at it one night and the aluminum trim the black came to mind as a solution to break the paint and yet to give it a fresh newer look. I do have one other color scheme in mind and am collecting another set of skins and may paint them so I can switch them out from color to color on a whim. Time will tell, and if I do I will post it here also.

Bravo my friend, Bravo!

Your bike looks fantastic! I must admit I prefer the look of a stock bike, but the color scheme you've chosen is exceptional...really brings the bike into this century! Workmanship and attention to detail are also top notch! BTW, that tow hitch kinda sets the tone for the whole build (he he)....

Great Job!

Pat