IGNORED

Wife's new toy

Freebird

OK...today we decided to go look at cars as we were planning to sell Eileen's Crossfire and replace it with another SUV or Crossover of some type. Didn't plan to buy anything today but this thing just followed us home. 2015 Nissan Murano Platinum. AWD, Navigation, Panoramic sunroof, collision avoidance system, etc. It has more gadgets than I'll ever figure out but it is fun trying. :)

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

Nice, did you trade the crossfire in?

I like the Murano better than the Juke.:2cents:

Yes, not only did I trade the Crossfire but also the Avalanche. We are downsizing a bit. We had too many cars for two drivers. I Caravan is my company car and I drive it almost all the time. The Crossfire sat in the garage all winter. So the wife drove the Avalanche and though we liked it, I was finding more and more rust issues with it. I was under it a couple of months ago replacing a evaporator canister solenoid and was shocked at the rust on everything including the frame. Also had bubbles starting to come through the paint on the drivers side. Very disappointed. I bought it used and it looked great when I bought it but it was sure rusting. It had also started using a quart of oil about every 1,000 miles. Not good for an engine with 65,000 miles on it.

So, we decided to get down to one personal car, my company car and the bike. We knew we wanted a small to mid sized SUV or Crossover and looked at pretty much everything. The Murano has great reviews pretty much everywhere you look but as this is a newly designed model, reviews were a bit limited in regards to long term reliability and etc. Basically though, it's the same drive train as the older models so in that regard it should be fine.

The Platinum edition is pretty much loaded from the start. This one also has the "Technology Package" which includes a few things that I could have done without but also a couple of things that I like in regards to safety so we went with it. Platinum edition also adds the 20" wheels in place of the standard 18". Not sure I like that. Probably only means that replacement tires will be more expensive.

I've had some fairly loaded cars but this one has things that I never thought that I would need and probably don't. I've had heated seats but these are heated and cooled. I'm had sun roofs but this has the panoramic sun roof that goes all the way back. Has a light that flashes inside the door by the side mirror if somebody is in your blind spot. Also has forward collision avoidance so if you are using the cruise control and are distracted, it automatically slows you down if you run upon somebody too close.

Lot's of other things that I probably haven't even discovered yet. Am/FM/CD/Sirius/IPod/Iphone/Bluetooth. Hands fee calling and hands free texting though I'm sure we'll not use the texting feature. Way too complicated.

I like the Murano line of autos but with the winters ya'll have up there, isn't white the wrong color? How ya goin to find it next winter? Take it back and get orange or safety yellow.

:farmer:

You silly people. Thats why there is that red button on the key thingy ma bob. You start it up from inside the house, let'er warm up. It melts the snow around it some and then you push the panic button so you can fine tune you location skills.

We had a Murano. Great vehicle and my wife loved it. I leased it and almost bought it at lease end. I like the new design too, congratulations! 20" tires may be easier to find than 18" was back then. I think more vehicles use them. When I replaced the tires on mine, Goodyear and Kumho were the only two that made a tire in the Murano's 18" size and the Kumho was back ordered everywhere. The Goodyear had a nice ride but only lasted about 30K. I wouldn't worry one bit about a first year Nissan design.

Does it have memory seats and rear view mirrors that go down when you back up?

Congrats Eileen,,,,, enjoy!

Yes, memory seats. Settings for two people. Also electric telescopic and tilt wheel that also save with the seat memories. Not sure about the mirror but it's got 360 degree cameras that show front, sides, rear, etc. I know the mirror has the Homelink setup for garage doors and etc. Rear hatch electrically raises and lowers and the back seats electrically raise and lower also. Will I think they go down with a spring loaded mechanism but electrically raise.

Also, 11 speaker Bose system with sub woofer that sounds amazing.

Edited by Freebird

Nice car Don. AS you know todays cars have so many features in todays cars its mind boggling. I'm sure you'll get a lot of happy miles in your new choice of car. As for downing sizing vehicles you're probably doing the wise decision there too, especially if you do decide on a career change. You can always pick up a used car/truck when/if you switch jobs.

Larry

Your going to like the Nissan quality. I had a 2002 Nissan Xterra Supercharged SCSE. Loved it. Our 2007 Toyota 4Runner......best vehicle I have ever owned. It has 167,000 miles on it and the only thing I have had to replace other than tires is 2 sets of headlight bulbs, battery, just replaced the front wheel bearings about 6k miles ago and the brakes lasted until 130,000 miles. I have had numerous GM products, Ford and Chrysler. All new and none of them had the quality of the "imports". We bought a 2015 Kia Sorento fully loaded last year, it was actually the first one in Michigan. Worked with the dealer and Kia to custom order from the factory in Georgia. The exterior color and interior color combo was not available, so they let us order it the way we wanted. Took 6 weeks to get it. AAA had to generate the insurance codes for it to insure it. Love the thing. I like that new body style of the Murano.......my ride has 167K on it............hmmmmmmm............