IGNORED

Canadian Winter

kevin-vic-b.c.

:moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:

I suffer from equal opportunity :sign green with env, I could care less which of our countries you live in Kev,, THAT was just plain :witch_brew:

I thought I heard not to long ago that BC got pounded? I had written a thread asking about Kitmat (or whatever its called) and it seems like shortly after that someone out there mentioned the coast had gotten nailed. That picture of yours looks more like southern Florida or something Kev..

How about a little salt in the wound? So our ski areas were open for a total of about 2 weeks....for the second year. We're in a severe drought with no rain in sight HOWEVER why waste all this unseasonably warm whether here in Northern Cal? With another day of mid 60's I'm going riding again tomorrow and I'll be thinking of all my poor frozen Venture buddies....!

Ya do know that if all of you Canadians that seem to have born in a barn would learn to close the door, that would cut off my supply of cold air that I need to run my magical machines.:rasberry::moon:

So its true that darn thing does suck that cold air down here. Its time for you to go and work on that Venture of yours and put the magical machine away.

NO NO you have that all wrong, it does not suck, it blows......:snow2:

Now I am not one to :stirthepot: but, I was just downstairs - plugged in my little fan, turned it on high and noticed the output air movement (blowing) seemed to be directly related to the input air (sucking). I tested this theory by slipping a piece of cardboard over the back of the fan (stopping the sucking) and noticed right away that when I did so, the output air movement (blowing) also instantly stopped..

Fool, if you got a second, please go out and try this with the White Wash Machine. The White Wash is hitting pretty good here right now, I will go outside - stand in the driveway and stare in a westerly direction and let you know if my theory holds water,, frozen water... :backinmyday:

Now I am not one to :stirthepot:

:rotf: :rotf::rotf: :rotf: :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf: :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

but, I was just downstairs - plugged in my little fan, turned it on high and noticed the output air movement (blowing) seemed to be directly related to the input air (sucking). I tested this theory by slipping a piece of cardboard over the back of the fan (stopping the sucking) and noticed right away that when I did so, the output air movement (blowing) also instantly stopped..

Fool, if you got a second, please go out and try this with the White Wash Machine. The White Wash is hitting pretty good here right now, I will go outside - stand in the driveway and stare in a westerly direction and let you know if my theory holds water,, frozen water... :backinmyday:

I'll bet your little fan does not have a snowper charger installed on it. This alters the laws of physics as most people know them. It even gets into the realm of fuzzy logic. With a properly calibrated snowper charger you can get a lot of blow with little to no suck. All of that white matter is coming from an alternate universe.

I suffer from equal opportunity :sign green with env, I could care less which of our countries you live in Kev,, THAT was just plain :witch_brew:

I thought I heard not to long ago that BC got pounded? I had written a thread asking about Kitmat (or whatever its called) and it seems like shortly after that someone out there mentioned the coast had gotten nailed. That picture of yours looks more like southern Florida or something Kev..

Yes Kitimat did get pounded. Victoria and what we call The Lower Mainland are very special places. Victoria has Olympic Mountains in Washington State on one side and the Coast Mountains on the other side with Vancouver between us. We are just in one of those weather pockets that stays mild. We do get hit from time to time but not often.

Kitimat is 1,500 Kilometers north and west of us and has nothing but ocean and Alaska close by.

Saltspring island is even better situated. The weather comes in off the ocean and hits Vancouver island and dumps the first load of rain then moves up the valley behind Vancouver and dumps the rest, while we sit here in the sunshine. 74 F in the shade today on my sun deck. Being surrounded by the ocean we rarely get really hot or really cold. The interior is a different story with all those mountains. We hear horror stories about places east of the Rockies but we don't believe them. It can't really get that cold and snowy can it?

...74 F in the shade today on my sun deck. We hear horror stories about places east of the Rockies but we don't believe them. It can't really get that cold and snowy can it?

Currently -10°F, with 18mph breeze, I don't know what the wind chill is...prolly about -25°. But hey it IS sunny , for now.

Detailed Forecast

• Today Sunny and cold, with a high near 7. Wind chill values as low as -20. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
  • Tonight Increasing clouds, with a low around -3. Wind chill values as low as -10. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
  • Friday A 50 percent chance of snow after 7am. Cloudy, with a high near 21. Wind chill values as low as -10. South wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
  • Friday Night A 50 percent chance of snow, mainly before 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 18. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
  • Saturday Snow likely, mainly after 7am. Cloudy, with a high near 31. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
  • Saturday Night Snow likely, mainly before 7pm. Cloudy, with a low around 14. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
  • Sunday A 50 percent chance of snow before 7am. Partly sunny, with a high near 18.
  • Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -4.
  • Monday Sunny and cold, with a high near 10.
  • Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -1.
  • Tuesday A slight chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 24.
  • Tuesday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7.
  • Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 14.

Edited by Prairiehammer