IGNORED

Opening a can of worms

Freebird

Man, this thread kinda threw me. I've been around here for quite a few years myself and have never seen Don take a jab at any rider or the machine they rode. Even after his "transition" to one of the "other" brands he has always been there for this family. I have to give big points to Don for his loyalty, affection and dedicated care of this bucket of nuts he looks after. Over the years I have seen a few members wander away over misconstrued comments but some of those have returned over time, and still remain. I hate to see any member walk away with dents in their feelings but that's the way life is.

It all blows over or blows away over time. But the fact remains the Don built this group to last. And it will.

Thanks Don, and don't let this one keep ya up at night. No reason for that.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It hasn't stopped snowing here all day. I should be in Pittsburg now but am still sitting at home. I was in Pittsburg last week for two days and had to cut the trip short due to a back problem. I've never had back trouble but something is knocking me on my butt. I don't know if it's actually my back or a kidney problem. Went to the doctor last Wednesday when I got home and got a shot and some really good pills. Thought I was better yesterday but it was bad again this morning. Went for an ultrasound of my kidneys earlier today and should know more tomorrow. Unless I'm completely bedridden or snowed in though, I have to get to Pittsburg tomorrow. Would love to get out on the bike but Rick Butler has my seat right now anyway.

So the back and kidney problems started after you went to the HD ?

I know I am late to the party on this one, but my 2 cents is as follows: Don, you have done nearly the impossible, by putting together a forum and site that is international. We have the luxury and good fortune of doing many family and non family events all over the country. We forged relationships with people that we normally would not be fortunate to do if not for this site. We learn about people's families, jobs, struggles, geographic terrain, events and parties, BBQs, modifications, and do so with very little disdain among the members. We know and still appreciate PEOPLE here, not what they ride. I have been honored to be around such great, Wonderful people. You helped me months before I joined or even bought my RSV. Sad that you have to second guess yourself when someone says what they feel. That's on them. With a site this large and dynamics this forum has, occasionally some people get the nose out of joint. So be it. Truth be told, it's not our fault YAMAHA has not done crap about the venture, or it's loyal members. I do not care to know who sent the email, and that's another great thing. You have such integrity that you would never tell us anyway. I would chalk it up to this...you can't, and won't please everybody. But in the end, you have not once gone out of your way to hurt anyone or make it seem you hate RSV, it's the venture riders forum for crying out loud!!!! And you are very considerate of others. While at times we may not always agree on a subject or point, the bottom line is the integrity and spirit of the site. You do a fantastic job. I would forgive yourself if you feel guilty, it's not you.

When I read the thread for the first time my instant thought was "LOL that guy needs to grow a couple !! and find his sense of humor ":doh:

I haven't ridden a Venture since the accident in 2007 and not only is this site, and the people in it, our family..... I have shipped my trike over twice to ride with ya'll

We are coming again this year, but no bikes. Don't apologize Don ....... We love you-and all you do here

I know I am late to the party on this one, but my 2 cents is as follows: Don, you have done nearly the impossible, by putting together a forum and site that is international. We have the luxury and good fortune of doing many family and non family events all over the country. We forged relationships with people that we normally would not be fortunate to do if not for this site. We learn about people's families, jobs, struggles, geographic terrain, events and parties, BBQs, modifications, and do so with very little disdain among the members. We know and still appreciate PEOPLE here, not what they ride. I have been honored to be around such great, Wonderful people. You helped me months before I joined or even bought my RSV. Sad that you have to second guess yourself when someone says what they feel. That's on them. With a site this large and dynamics this forum has, occasionally some people get the nose out of joint. So be it. Truth be told, it's not our fault YAMAHA has not done crap about the venture, or it's loyal members. I do not care to know who sent the email, and that's another great thing. You have such integrity that you would never tell us anyway. I would chalk it up to this...you can't, and won't please everybody. But in the end, you have not once gone out of your way to hurt anyone or make it seem you hate RSV, it's the venture riders forum for crying out loud!!!! And you are very considerate of others. While at times we may not always agree on a subject or point, the bottom line is the integrity and spirit of the site. You do a fantastic job. I would forgive yourself if you feel guilty, it's not you.

:amen::sign yeah that:

Well the beauty of this site is, that those who truly do not belong always dissapear sooner or later for one reason or the other.

If Don was not a Venture fan then this site would not be what it is !

How the heck do you spell dissapeer ,,,dissapier Disaper,,,,disapeer,,,disapear,,, DANG! Should have used vanish !

After reading your post two thoughts crossed my mind.

1. I don't care what you ride as long as you ride. I always felt that this site was more about the people involved then the machines.

2. After my sister's recent demise, moving, family issues, financial issues, the job and contemplating my own mortality , I just feel that some things in life aren't worth the time and energy fretting over. This subject is one of them.