IGNORED

Rusted up Goldwing 1800 -

Eck

I would say creatively painted. Maybe plasti-dip. The wheels show rust, last I knew they were aluminum. Could be photo shopped, but this "rat bike" craze is getting out of hand in some instances. That looks like a fairly new model. Now the paint on my PU looks similar and I can assure you its ah-natural

I would guess that once you get it the way you want it you could spray on a flat clear coat.

I have been seeing the rust look on a bunch of cars lately.

It looks like they just took a DA sander and removed all paint and then let the Wisconsin winter and road salt take over.

To each his own but rust is not my thing.

It's got that Road Warrior look,,,, I like it,,, toss on a set of Buffalo horns and matching buffalo hide seat cover,, hang a couple fake grenades on it, machete strapped across the front end..... Or leave it like it is, ride it down to Florida, get a couple of those stickers from Sea World that say "I SWAM WITH SHAMU" and put on it!!

I have talked to someone who did something similar to his bike. He said the reason was the thefts in his area. He said to help prevent the bike from being targeted, he wanted to make it look as crappy as possible. Whether that was the truth or not, it seems like a good idea. That is going to be my excuse now when asked why I don't clean my bikes!!!!

The company that I work for manufacturers dimensional sign letters and plaques. We offer products from a lot of different materials including injection molded, formed plastic, flat cut metals and cast metals. We often had requests for a letter than looks rusted. It actually makes for a pretty sign for the right "rustic" type decor. We offer a cut metal letter from Cor Ten steel and continues to rust over time. The problem is that because it continues to rust, it will eventually streak the wall that it is mounted on Some people actually want that. Then we came up with a powder coat finish that looks like rust but doesn't actually rust or streak the walls. It has been very popular.

• 4 weeks later...

I was going to paint my chopper/bobber kinda like that this winter, but changed my mind. A friend painted a sculpture that he did with this type of look.

You can get different patinas depending on the look that you want, and can clear coat it, but I don't know how it holds up outside.

This is their website: modernmasters.com

When you get on the website, look at "metal effects" there are pictures