IGNORED

Can't Ride for 2 Months...Bummer

Wade 2000

So I went sailing in the British Virgin Islands for a week. Three days in, on the way back from snorkeling, I go to step off the Dingy onto the boat deck and I slipped on the plastic down onto the stainless steel swim ladder. Well, the tubular ladder had an open end with no safety cap on it. I landed, full weight (225lbs) at a 16" fall on the ball of my foot:doh: The cut went all the way through the tendon and nerve and made a 3-1/2" laceration.

24 hours later, after surgery, I'm back on the boat and finish out the trip. The vacation was great but it will be some time to get back to 100% strength and mobility. It's gonna be a long summer:bawling:[ATTACH]84431[/ATTACH]

As there are many first Genners who will offer to ride your bike during recovery on the pretext of keeping it from getting sluggish. :whistling: Just think now you will have time to read every mod, bling and upgrade post there is for your bike not to mention it should shine like the sun from repeated waxing. :223: Remember just listening to the Dr's orders Does Not Count as following them.

OMG...that hurt just to read about!

Be well soon

So I went sailing in the British Virgin Islands for a week. Three days in, on the way back from snorkeling, I go to step off the Dingy onto the boat deck and I slipped on the plastic down onto the stainless steel swim ladder. Well, the tubular ladder had an open end with no safety cap on it. I landed, full weight (225lbs) at a 16" fall on the ball of my foot:doh: The cut went all the way through the tendon and nerve and made a 3-1/2" laceration.

24 hours later, after surgery, I'm back on the boat and finish out the trip. The vacation was great but it will be some time to get back to 100% strength and mobility. It's gonna be a long summer:bawling:[ATTACH]84431[/ATTACH]

Wow !!!

You look miserable sitting there with the cast.....and the drink.....on the boat......

Well, at least it's a better grade of misery.

Hope you're back on you feet soon; hate to see ya miss the best time of the year for riding. IMHO.:080402gudl_prv: