IGNORED

questions,questions,questions

Chris M

aloha from Hawaii, sometime in late may my girlfriend and I are going to pick up my 99 royal star standard custom from the dock in San Diego and go pick up the trailer I just bought there (trailmaster Arizona) and start on a year long tour of the lower 48 we are going to attempt to visit all 48 states. It's gonna be great! She just retired @ 58 and I'm taking a year off. we are excited to say the least. We plan on cadillac camping with rest stops when we need them. my question is this how do I meet you guys ? when are there rallys and maint. days ? where are they? etc. etc. Any input is welcome. thanks, Chris

Correction june 19 20 21 not june 5-8 isthe west coast rally in TheDalles. East of Portland oregon

There are a least 4 of us in low angeles. I am sure many will reply. Don't be shy.

There is a list of members here on the forum. Many with phone numbers.

welcome to the "lower 48"

VentureFar…

Edited by VentureFar
Date correction

You didn't mention visiting Canada... but if you are in Upper NY State in the Buffalo area there are several members in that area plus many in South Western Ontario.

Post your planned route with some dates and members will respond.

A year touring.... lucky you !

Keep us posted on where your at and many of us will come to you if your close. If your travels find you in SE Texas around the Houston area give me a shout. Spare room here and we can get some folks together for an impromptu M&E. Enjoy your trip and print out a VR assistance page with you incase you have any issues. Many of us will come and get you should you have a problem on the road.

Like Paul said. Post your schedule and you can likely meet up with or crash with some of us on the way. We are in the Salt Lake City area, which is a crossroads for I-80 going east/west and I-15 going north/south.

There some great National Parks close to the freeways, so be sure and grab an annual park pass.

Dave

It may go without saying but plan to visit the northern states in the summer. Winter and bikes do not mix well.

During the summer, the south is dangerously hot.

With that said, there is no state safe from snow, or safe from extreme heat.

As has been mentioned most events are on the calender.

Well I'm sorta blown away by y'alls responses. Thank .you, thank you, thank you. I will post a vague itinerary soon and will learn my way around this forum better as time goes by. Will also try and learn how to post profile and pictures ( although pictures will probably get those invites rescinded) Chris

you have a place in Miramar Florida, If you decide to head for the Florida Keys. Heck, I guess I'll have to ride with you. show you the town:thumbsup2:

July 27th-31st 2014 International Rally Guntersville Alabama

Edited by Brake Pad
add the IR

aloha from Hawaii, sometime in late may my girlfriend and I are going to pick up my 99 royal star standard custom from the dock in San Diego and go pick up the trailer I just bought there (trailmaster Arizona) and start on a year long tour of the lower 48 we are going to attempt to visit all 48 states. It's gonna be great! She just retired @ 58 and I'm taking a year off. we are excited to say the least. We plan on cadillac camping with rest stops when we need them. my question is this how do I meet you guys ? when are there rallys and maint. days ? where are they? etc. etc. Any input is welcome. thanks, Chris

Hey Chris.

During your travels, use your computer or phone and go to the top of any page on this forum.

Click on community and then on the drop down member list.

Scroll through the list for the state you are in (or will be in) to find members near where you are/will be.

Look to see what the members offer in their profile, ie. lodging, tools, trailer, riding companionship, etc.

Get their contact info and contact them.

Don't be shy if you need help or just want to visit any of us.

Many of us are retired and can be available day or night to meet up/or assist in any way you need.

That's what we are here for!.

Hope your travels are pleasant and your experiences with fellow members along the way provide lasting memories and friendships for a lifetime.

Rusty

• 1 month later...

When you get to Georgia give all of us a shout. Most are in the Atlanta area. I'm in Central Georgia, am the housewife and can give you a good tour around Macon. If the Allman brothers, Marshall Tucker band, etc are/were your thing I have a few places to show you in my local area. If Air Force Museums are also something you enjoy I have one 3 miles from my house. I'll show you the local fare as far as food goes. I'm the local, my husband is from Connecticut, and I gave him the local tour 13 yrs ago, he decided to stay....must be the food...I swear lol.

Hi Chris, just found this post you made a couple months back,,,, WOW!!!! Sounds like you two are headed on a GREAT adventure!!:thumbsup:

I would LOVE to hook up with you folks and hear some tales of the road!! When are you guys heading out? Somewhere, somehow we gotta meet up!! PLEASE let us know when your gonna be in Michigan, we are avid bike camping folks and know all the great FREE camping spots around here!! If we are home you are welcome at our place, got tools, FOOD, hot shower and a spare room!!

Another note,,, we are usually on the road a lot during the summer (be at it right now if we weren't flooded out), like LOTS of others on here, and are planning on posting our whereabouts in the Watering Hole on a regular basis.. Any chance you could switch from this area of VR over to the Watering Hole while you are traveling?? I gotta a hunch it will get a LOT more exposure in that area!!!

Travel safe, travel far, have fun!!

Puc

Plan on visiting The Dalles, Oregon sometime between June 19th and the 21st. There will be members from Texas, states up along the midwest as well as Canada in attendance. You will meet all of these there :cool10: :rotf: :detective: :backinmyday: :stirthepot: :whistling: :bighug: and some we don't mention :no-no-no: . Hope to see you (Sacramento Ca / Easyrider

Guest tx2sturgis
If your travels find you in SE Texas around the Houston area give me a shout. Spare room here and we can get some folks together for an impromptu M&E.

See how you are?

I was in Houston and Baytown this AM and did I get an invite? hmmm?

:p

welcome !! can you say JEALOUS!!! Anyway, as you can see, we are all so wonderful to each other and new additions, its beyond words. a couple of suggestions:

1- +1 on getting access to the members' phone numbers, emails and such. this is an easier way to track us down, based on where you are at, or where you intend to head. Many can suggest places to eat, sleep, park etc.

2- keep us posted of YOUR whereabouts. Check the calendar here at the site to see what events, rallies and what is up and coming near where you are. the yearly VR international is at last week in July, and it is in Alabama which is in your line of sight.

3- give us a way to contact you. I am sure you will get a few replies and can make some arrangements with others to wheel and deal a good day, time and location.

4- re read 1-3

I am about 45 miles North of Tampa. you can call, text or email me and if I happen to have to show you around, in this beautiful sunshine, well.....I guess I have no choice :rotf:

be safe in your travels.

Barry

Edited by Barrycuda
did not see he was already a supporting member...OOPS