IGNORED

Where can I get some Everclear...???

uncledj

I wanna make up a batch of Apple Pie, but don't know where to get the Everclear.

I can get it online, but the shipping is almost as much as the product.

I live in Central OH, but don't remember ever seeing it in the Liquor Stores.

Anyone know where I can git sum???:confused24:

If I can get it in Pennsylvania, I'll pick some up when I head up that-a-way for Buck Season, right after Thanksgiving.

Any ideas on where to pick it up in North West / North Central PA?

Generally my trek to Camp takes me from Youngstown, (to pick up my Dad....91....he doesn't hunt anymore, but likes to get together with the guys)...anyhoo...as I said....From Youngstown to Dubois along 80 then North East to Sinnemahoning.:cool10:

I believe the reason it's banned in a lot of states, is because you can get enough of it in your system (in a relatively short time) to go blind, "although most of the time it's only temporary"..........

Be careful when you use this stuff. It can also be lethal...

California Pa. quite selling the stuff for 3 years, back in 76, because of a few college students blindness issues...

P.S. It has no taste..that's why it can do you in, without warning(colleges favorite drink)...Back in the day...

It's Grain alcohol...

Edited by CaptainJoe

I wanna make up a batch of Apple Pie, but don't know where to get the Everclear.

I can get it online, but the shipping is almost as much as the product.

I live in Central OH, but don't remember ever seeing it in the Liquor Stores.

Anyone know where I can git sum???:confused24:

Just Invite Monty and Angel over for the night and let them put their extra Apple Pie in the garage Fridge. When they leave the next morning they will forget it and Viola you will have a batch. :) ;)

Well after this thread reminded me that I needed to pick some up, I stopped at a store in New York today and picked some up.

I also noticed that they now have a version of "Apple Pie" for sale in the stores. I don't remember the brand but it was made by one of the new Tennessee Moonshine companies. It was in a mason jar. Started to pick up a jar of it to try out but decided I would just make my own.

I also noticed that they now have a version of "Apple Pie" for sale in the stores. I don't remember the brand but it was made by one of the new Tennessee Moonshine companies. It was in a mason jar.

Ole Smoky Moonshine

Only reason I know is that's what we drank while down at the dragon back in '11. They have a distillery in Gatlinburg, TN.

http://www.olesmokymoonshine.com/varieties/#apple-pie-moonshine

Back in 71 (US Navy) we used to pickup a pint of Everclear and mix in a gallon can

1 large can (quart) of grape juice

1 large can (quart) pineapple juice

1 large can (quart) orange juice

1 large can of frozen concentrated grape juice

stir well and drink after the 4th one try to stand up.....

Ole Smoky Moonshine

Only reason I know is that's what we drank while down at the dragon back in '11. They have a distillery in Gatlinburg, TN.

http://www.olesmokymoonshine.com/varieties/#apple-pie-moonshine

Besides Old Smoky there is another brand they are selling but I forgot the name. Either one is ehhh, OK I guess. Ragtop69GS makes the best stuff to my taste but the others from the site are great as well! Jay's has a very nice fresh Dutch Apple pie taste without an alcohol aftertaste. Unfortunately any apple pie has waaay too much sugar for me being diabetic.

I remember back in the 60's when I was stationed at Ft Bliss Texas getting this Mexican stuff called Puro which was the same stuff. One night we finished off a bottle of it, then lit it on fire just from the fumes and threw it into the Rio Grande. It burned a blue flame for a while...