IGNORED

How many day travel?

Flyinfool

How many travel days each way to Guntersville AL?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. How many travel days each way to Guntersville AL?

Do you intend to stop riding after lunch? :smile5:

RR

Yup

You forget that I have a marshmallow butt, not an iron butt.

It takes me 10 hours to cover the 425 to Dons MD.

400 Miles is about my limit, beyond that I start noticing that I am making less than optimal decisions and my reflexes are reduced.

With the trailer on I need to stop at least every 100 miles for gas and ice cream.

Edited by Flyinfool

I'm with Jeff. 2 days alone or 3 with the Mrs. aboard. Also depending on our route taken. 875 with a detour to visit friends or 725 with the shortest shot from home, leaving 250 miles for the last days ride. I voted for 3 days as that's most likely what I'll do getting there.

Larry

I-81 S 446.54 miles

7 hrs 58 mins / 8 hrs 10 mins

600 mi. is about a far as I ever want to go in one day. After that, my ability to focus on the task at hand is compromised... Things happen very quickly on a bike...

Like the old saying goes: " There are old riders, and there are bold riders, but there are no old, bold riders."

Yup, 2 days... Actually, would only take one, but I plan on doing Devils Triangle (six gap, Ga) on the second day of ride down then head to Gunterville, Al. which is another 4 hours 41 minutes / 233.58 miles

Edited by CaptainJoe

This is a toughy, if I check it on mapquest it shows 2 days.. I sat down with Tippy a minute ago and looked at it and figured about 15 days after stopping and visiting with all our new friends down there and that didnt include include site seeing.. Hmmmm

No real issues with 2nd gens Jeff, unless you count us being hit with 1st gen parts that have rusted through....:whistling:

Barry thats not rust thru that you are referring to - those are actually burn marks,, Yamaha screwed up big time on these 1st gens, they really needed ceramic heat tiles for re-entry into what us 1st gen riders refer to as 2nd gen zone... :whistling: