IGNORED

What do you do when you see another Venture??

XV1100SE

During our trip we've seen a couple 1st Gens and a couple 2nd Gens... usually going the other way. My reaction is to turn to channel 29 on the cb and call out if there are any Venture Riders out there. No response.

When you pass by another Venture.... what do you do other than to wave?

I down shift 2 gears, make a hard left and powerslide the rear wheel around. Then I punch the throttle and pull the front wheel off the ground. I speed up on them waving wildly and see if they stop or run like hell because they think I'm a lunatic

:hihi:.....sometimes I just wave :)

I wish I could just find another one. Very few and far between in Oz.

In fact the last one I saw I was 1,500kms away from home (in the tin top) and pulled up on the side of the highway taking photos of a canola crop. I could hear this familiar exhaust note approaching along with another familiar sound. Before I could give a wave and an invite to pull in, an identical bike to mine - fitted with the same Voyager outfit went flying by.

So, in case anybody from the Adelaide area is reading this (rego plate WEDGE?) you looked good mate.

Ive only seen 2. One was a very young guy going East on 76 and one was parkeed at a bar. I quickly take inventory on what is on the bike as far as accessories. .... Like to know what works.

Since I drive about 130k miles a year by truck. Chances are a wave qont be seen although I catch myself doing that.

I don't run a cb in the truck. Most drivers don't listen to the cb unless therr is an accident or road clog. Xm radio. Cell phones surfing this site you know the deal. Other things to do.

Even the Miles I travel I dont see many ventures. Mostly HD BMW and Gold Wings.

I wave and think to my self THANK GOD NOT ANOTHER HARLEY. Here in AZ anyway seems like Harley country out here.

Guess by Saturday I'll be adding another RSTD to the mix in trade for my sporty. :cool10:

Those Arizonans really have a great comradely when it comes to other Harley riders. Why the last time I drove across AZ there must have been 5 or 6 meetings going on by the side of the road. Even saw one individual on his knees praying. Now that's what I call devotion.... :whistling:

Those Arizonans really have a great comradely when it comes to other Harley riders. Why the last time I drove across AZ there must have been 5 or 6 meetings going on by the side of the road. Even saw one individual on his knees praying. Now that's what I call devotion.... :whistling:

LOL Amen :rotf::rotf: