IGNORED

Sheepskin seat cover???

Guest black knight

Guest black knight

Does anyone have one of these on their bike? I have a Corbin seat, but sometimes the butt gets real sore on those long days. I am considering buying a sheepskin seat cover.

I do have sheep skin that I drap over the seats. It is really good for switching the feeling on long rides. But like anything nothing last forever and have wound up removing it to get again a different feeling. Hot days it is great to take in with you to restarant and then you have a nice cool barrier between you and that seat that was sitting in the sun. It is also a butt warmer as you can imagine for those cold days.

I bought mine off ebay and just bought a hunk of it, enough to make two covers for the seats.

Last year I layed gel on top as well with the sheep skin, this year I have installed the gel into the seat, so I will only have to deal with the sheep skin.

They sell them in the color black, that is what I purchased.

David

I also have a sheepskin on top of my custom made seat and it is comfortable. You need to clean them to keep them in good shape(just like your bike) and you can brush them out too. They do just what David said above me and do it well. I don't have a px but will put one up soon. I found a white one which goes with my bike and found it at an intersection where they had a truck parked and were selling them. I traded the guy a couple of my cds and $15 which sounds good to me. I've also used it on my Vulcan classic when that was the only bike I had. I get a few wise cracks once in a while but doesn't bother me. I put it in my trunk if I'm out.

Bob

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_2_110.gif

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZNxmk393BBUS

I love my sheep skin. It only comes off to wash the bike or if the skin is wet and I want to ride. There is a place near where I work that deals only in sheep skins... can't remember the name right now. I bought a fairly large curly haired skin, cut a slit to fit over the back rest and trimmed it to fit. I put some grommets in it and use a small bungee under the front and behind the front seat along with a little larger bungee around the back under the trunk.

If I'm out for a long ride, I'll carry my beads I made cutting down a set made for a car. When I need a change, I through them on top of the sheep skin... until I need another change and I take them off and use just the skins again.

We also have the sheep skin that was lent to us by my father in law so we are unable to cut it to fit over and tailer to the seats. My butt really enjoyed this on the bike when we did our trip down south last year. (2000 miles)...one look at this and my sister has named it the Road Kill but i"ll take my road kill any time we take any kind of trip just wish it would be tailered for the bike

Jess

I use a sheepskin on really long rides, I'm talking 4-500 miles or more. I alternate it at gas stops. Makes a big difference. I bought mine at Alaska Leathers, if you call them they can match up the right one for your bike. I bought the deluxe and couldn't be happier with their product.

http://www.alaskaleather.com/prices&sizes2.html

My Alaska Leather sheep skin pads we have are great as others here have said. Don't use them all the time but sure make a difference on all day rides. I like the Alaska Leather ones as they custom fit to our seats plus use quick connect buckles with elastic for securing them. Easy to put on / take off and they stay put. :thumbsup2:

Larry

Can't beat a sheep skin for long hauls. Just dont attach permanently or you will have to carry a cover for the rain. Sitting on a wet sheep all day can be uncomfortable, Im told any way.

Can't beat a sheep skin for long hauls. Just dont attach permanently or you will have to carry a cover for the rain. Sitting on a wet sheep all day can be uncomfortable, Im told any way.

Not really, After the rain, just take the skin off and give it a good shake.

The water will shake right off and you have a dry skin to sit on again.

Got mine from Alaska Sheepskins too and I love it, great in the winter and summer. My passenger loves it too. I got the full pelt with long hair (or whatever that's called) and it runs all the way from over the gas cap cover to behind the passenger seat. Droops over the side covers too which I like - lots of soft cushioning while allowing air circulation.