IGNORED

A question....not m/c related.

DragonRider

This is a question I have been asking myself lately. I thought why not put it up here and see what others think about. Its a pretty simple question but thought provoking. I am still pondering my answer.

What do you want to be remembered for?

I think that the gray hairs I gave my folks are enough of a memory of my legacy as a troubled youth. But, I hope to be remembered for being a man that was true to his word. meaning that if I said I was going to do something, you can count it being done. Not just empty talk, but one you could rely on.

besides being the sarcastic son-of -a - bee-otch that I am, hehe.

:whistling::whistling::whistling:

I was taught a handshake is your bond..,, some who werent taught that bonded with my boot

taught to be a man of my word,, i have lied,,

learned never say what I am going to do ,,tell of what i done

also learned not to ask permission ,it is a whole lot easier to ask for forgiveness..

some body told me once ,,when we die on our tombstone is 2 dates, there is a dash in between the 2 dates ,,,,THAT DASH REPRESENTS EVERYTHING WE DID IN OUR LIFE

at 47,, I am remembered for all the wrongs ,very few rights

1000 at a boys ... are erased with 1 oh shi.

hate it when that happens... so now i got precious,,

I SERVED MY COUNTRY,SO DID MY OL MAN ,MY STEPFATHER, 2 UNCLES, AND SOME COUSINS

AND I AM FREE TO RIDE PRECIOUS ,,HAND BUILT ..OR REBUILT BY ME,, ALL DAY

I'm no egotist, so I don't care to be remembered. Just like those who went before me are not remembered save for a temporary marker, and so there I shall go as well, with no misgivings.

I just know in my heart and mind that the gift of my life has been a true and special gift from the one who made me, and I have lived that life as well as I could under the circumstances that befell me.

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

Every time a family member or close friend talks to my wife on the phone, I yell "MeTOo" when she tells them she loves them, hanging up. And she looks back to me and says,, they said "Me too".

My head stone (provided by the VA) will include "MeTOo!"

I suppose I'm like some of the others here...

My handshake is my word, and my name, both my Grandfathers told me that. Give a firm handshake and look them in the eye. Dont disgrace your family name.

"Stick to your guns" my stepfather (a Marine) told me this and I have followed through with it since I was a young man. If you believe your right dont let anyone talk you into changing your mind.

Be honest, and try your best not to impose on others. Give back more than you take.

I suppose if I can help 1 person to be better than they perceive themself to be, then thats what I would want to be remembered for. I know there is a LOT of things that I definitely dont need to be remembered for :whistling:

I think that the gray hairs I gave my folks are enough of a memory of my legacy as a troubled youth. But, I hope to be remembered for being a man that was true to his word. meaning that if I said I was going to do something, you can count it being done. Not just empty talk, but one you could rely on.

besides being the sarcastic son-of -a - bee-otch that I am, hehe.

:whistling::whistling::whistling:

I agree.....and....you might be my long lost twin brother!