IGNORED

Insurance Coverage In Ontario

Midicat

Well, I just received my insurance renewal from [intact] insurance and it was up by almost $200 for a 1 year policy on my 1985 Venture Royale. I should have gotten into the insurance business. They never lose. I refuse to pay this increase so my question to fellow Ontarians is obvious. Who covers you and are they reasonable? I am interested in all options.

Thanks Everyone.

Thomas

I got dinged the same way. almost $1000 for liability only.

I was with Jevco...I guess Intact bought them out.

It went $200 from my 83 to my 88 because it is a bigger motor.

They won't cover fire, theft or collision on such an "old" bike.

Riders Plus. Think on my '09 RSV I pay $1,000 a year with full coverage.

I switched a couple years ago because they saved me $400 / year over Cooperators who have my car and house insurance.

As with most companies you can do an online quote.

WOW! Glad that I don't live in Canada. I just paid my insurance on both of mine. Full coverage on O9 Kaw 900 Classic and my 03 RSV with 6,000.00 additional coverage for accessories and mine was 498.00.:cool10:

I have lived in San Jose, CA and Detroit, Mi

Believe me, never again. So please don't be so rude next time.

I have new 2012 Venture and am with TD Insurance(Primmum Insurance) with full coverage because new and it is a total of $1100 . Says it is because of area and ridding to work distance.Also coverage up to 10,000klms annually (which I surpassed by just over 3500klms)LOVE MY BIKE!!!! Don't regret buying it over Harley one bit!!!!!

Can't really get cheaper because of financing!

Also a bit high because of accident 4years ago.

So please don't be so rude next time.

C'mon....REALLY?:witch_brew:

as they say....."get over yourself!":stickpoke:

If I lived somewhere paying $400 a year for insurance I'd be glad not live in Canada too! (at least as far as that goes)

I was with Jevco and they did get bought up by Intact just got my bill, same as last year $588 on my 2000 Honda Shadow ACE. Liability only! I haven't told them yet that I bought my new 2005 RSV don't know what they are going to soak me for now! But you guys got me worried!!! And, YES I'm new here.

Assume your address is now Woodstock. Mine went up as well, they say there is more accidents in the Rural area.

I say that is BS

Brad

Try living with an L6**** postal code in Brampton,. Highest area in Ontario for insurance.

Over $1000 a year and the medical benefit of that is $549 alone. Did the Riders plus and got a deal first year but went back over $1000 next year so same BS! Went back where I have been forever.

C'mon....REALLY?:witch_brew:

as they say....."get over yourself!":stickpoke:

If I lived somewhere paying $400 a year for insurance I'd be glad not live in Canada too! (at least as far as that goes)

I don't need to come here to be insulted by anyone let alone twice in one thread.

Please refund my money

I have lived in San Jose, CA and Detroit, Mi

Believe me, never again. So please don't be so rude next time.

Geez fella, lighten up. I'm sure he was referring to the price of insurance, which is the subject of this thread , in case you missed it. A few too many cups at Timmie's or what?:duck:

I pay a bit over $300 a year for my 86 Venture with no collision and as a "Collector" bike. No to and from work on it permitted and I have to own another vehicle that is insured also (my SUV). Includes fire and theft.

You might want to keep riding that collector bike, rather than a Gen 2. My insurance for my '06 from ICBC (mandatory ins.) is 1200 annually. That only gets you 200,000 liability, no collision, theft, comp., etc. I pay an additional 325.00 annually for that. Luckily I only plate the bike for 1/2 the year. Ron:mo money:

I pay $384 without collision. Add $255 for collision for a total of $639. How much was yours?

Last year (before Jevco was bought by [intact]) i paid $620. Just got my bill from [intact] and it's $828.00 I'm gonna look into some options I have seen here.