IGNORED

new bionics

friesman

I am headed into hospital tomorrow to get a complete titanium implant replacement on my left hip:yikes:. Ive put if off for about 5 years thinking I would avoid surgery as long as possible but after dumping the bike about 1-1/2 years ago and landing on that hip, its gone down hill. My doc booked the appt and it looks like the best thing to do,..I am looking forward to being able to get around without a limp and without the pain that I have now.

I was told by the docs that I should probably get a bike thats a bit shorter to make it easier on the new joint, so my 85 is gone and I am temporarily bikeless. I am looking forward to shopping around for a different bike once things heal up a bit and I can start getting around.

Ok, nuff said, see you all online in a few days when I get outta hospital and back home.

Brian

I hope you have a quick recovery:thumbsup2: My father and a guy I ride with had theirs done last year. They had great results the guy I ride with had a first gen, sold it because he thought it'd be a while before he could ride. He was riding a goldwing 3 months later. Dads was a little longer as he was born without a hip socket on his right side so it was fused back in '78 so his left hip has been overcompensating for a while. Needless to say with no good hip his recovery was slowed but he is better now than he has been in years.

They can do wonderful things nowadays. Hope to see you on the trail real soon:Venture:

Wow Brian, so sorry to hear this. good luck with the hip. as big an operation as it is , its pretty routine. the ex just had her second. Gee i guess you need one of those 2nd gens the old men ride now, He He:witch_brew: Get well soon and don't be STRANGER ONCE A VENTURE RIDER ALWAYS A VENTURE RIDER.