IGNORED

how much $$$$ to plate your bike

kyle

well, I got my plate renewal today and I'm looking at $104 for a 2005 bought for $9,500 back in 2008.. seems a little hi even for indiana, the trailer was only $25. anywho who else is getting screwed and for how much.

well, I got my plate renewal today and I'm looking at $104 for a 2005 bought for $9,500 back in 2008.. seems a little hi even for indiana, the trailer was only $25. anywho who else is getting screwed and for how much.

So how about 155 for 07 taxes and then 35 or 45 for the personalized plates. so it is about 200 to keep my 07 on the road in carolina. my aspen camper is about 50 to keep on the road. carolina sucks for taxes and plates.

New York $50 for first time title fee. $17 or $17.50 for annual registration.

HOWEVER, we are taxed and Fee'd to DEATH.

Car is about $35 a year for each of ours. Age doesn't matter, goes by weight actually

My 85 is 68 a month, but that includes my collision insurance with a 350 deductible,liability and licence plate. Here you cannot buy licence plates without getting insurance included.

I only pay for the months I actually ride which is usually about 8 months. For the winter i put storage insurance on for about 70 bux for the entire year.

Brian

I don't have any idea - I get a truck plate, a car plate, the bike plate and a trailer plate every January.

I don't even look any more, I just sign the check and the girl fills in the amount and stamps their name on it.

My wife has to balance the check book so as long as I have checks - - --

Here in Manitoba we have a government run auto insurance monopoly. My yearly rate is $1487.00 which I put on my visa so I can make 12 payments. From the 1st of October to May 3rd I pay alittle over $9.00 per month, then on May the 4th It jumps to $287.00 per month for 5 months. So please dont be upset when you pay less for a year than I do for 1 month's privileged access to some of the most boring and rough surfaced roads in Canada.

In AZ, seems like mine was $48 for a 1999 RSV... then, of course, here in Phoenix (the only county in the US I will remind you) all motorcycles have to go through emissions testing. We've been able to get it repealed down in Tucson (a different county) but the EPA is jacking us around. The Governor signed the repeal into law something like five years ago... EPA is just dragging their feet - imagine that.

Also, because of insurance liabilities (too many people dropped their bikes), the motorcycle emissions test is not a true test - so the engine is never put under a load on the dyno. So, basically they just hook a tube up to our tailpipe and you sit there and idle for three minutes and pay them the $20.

I mentioned that little detail to the guy running the test, and he looked at me like "Who told you?" and refused to answer my question yes or no. :rotf:

Here in Manitoba we have a government run auto insurance monopoly. My yearly rate is $1487.00 which I put on my visa so I can make 12 payments. From the 1st of October to May 3rd I pay alittle over $9.00 per month, then on May the 4th It jumps to $287.00 per month for 5 months. So please dont be upset when you pay less for a year than I do for 1 month's privileged access to some of the most boring and rough surfaced roads in Canada.

Wow, that makes even New York state look good. And Lord knows, that is hard to do.

Wanna move to Tennessee. But the eastern mountains more or less. Cooler, some winter (sort of), and GREAT white water kayaking.

My personalized plate is $53. Yours should be the same. When your trailer reg comes due you can do a onetime lifetime(as long as you own it) for around $80(I think?)

As for taxes sucking in Carolina try living in New England for a while. Cost of Living down here is WAY less $. My RE taxes in 2007 up there were almost $6000.

sp!ke

So how about 155 for 07 taxes and then 35 or 45 for the personalized plates. so it is about 200 to keep my 07 on the road in carolina. my aspen camper is about 50 to keep on the road. carolina sucks for taxes and plates.

That's the reason I sold my bike years ago when lived in Manitoba. Ridiculous premiums and it did not include theft coverage.