IGNORED

Pics of the bike

Squidley

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure glad you and Lonna walked away from that one!! What a mess.

We are too Jeff, I'm still amazed everytime I look at the pics. It really hasn't sunk in yet as there is still so many questions that I have about how it happened and why :confused24:

Man, Sqid!!!

You mashed it up pretty good. I am sooooo glad you two were not hurt any worse!!!!!

That's scary.

Actually it looks like it held together pretty well, considering the force that it looks like it hit with. I hope the insurance works out for you --- but I am glad you could both walk away!!!

If you plan to rebuild her -- let me know when the work day is and I will be there to help.

Hard to know what to say about that mess--Seems like when they go down in the grass and dirt, they always seem to be messy eaters.

Turf in every nook and cranny.

Glad you two walked away from that one.

But, the thing that caught my eye, was the tire. It reminded me of when we used to buy retreads for the car. They were always throwing them off.

Hard to know what came first, I'm sure, but it sure is seperated.

Steve

Have had my share of misshaps its like your mind blocks some things out one minuite your up right then you are sitting on the road saying what actualy happened.

Thats exactly what I feel like Howard, I dont remember the bike hitting the ground or being ejected from it. As I have looked at the pics, I see that the right side hit first. I believe it caught ground and threw me off, then following over to the left side where it slid and stopped. Lonna doesn't remember anything either, she doesn't know if she was thrown off. Just that when she was coherant to remember she was standing up. When I came to I was sliding on my head and back feeling my head bouncing off the ground.

I immediately jumped up as the adrenelin was full bore and started yelling for Lonna. She was standing up in a daze and then we realised that she couldn't get her coat off which turned out to be her broken collar bone.

Man, Sqid!!!

You mashed it up pretty good. I am sooooo glad you two were not hurt any worse!!!!!

That's scary.

Actually it looks like it held together pretty well, considering the force that it looks like it hit with. I hope the insurance works out for you --- but I am glad you could both walk away!!!

If you plan to rebuild her -- let me know when the work day is and I will be there to help.

Alan,

Not even going to waste my time trying to redo it, the bike is a total mess and it would never be right. After that jar the electronics would not have much life expectancy left....but thank for the offer buddy, we'll just have to have a maintenance day on whatever else I get :)

Hard to know what to say about that mess--Seems like when they go down in the grass and dirt, they always seem to be messy eaters.

Turf in every nook and cranny.

Glad you two walked away from that one.

But, the thing that caught my eye, was the tire. It reminded me of when we used to buy retreads for the car. They were always throwing them off.

Hard to know what came first, I'm sure, but it sure is seperated.

Steve

Steve,

I agree with the tire, you didn't see the other side of it where there is a 10" split in it. I'm not going to stop until I really know what happened to that tire. I dont believe that it was overloaded, and it wasn't hot that day so I rule that out too. Something to me just dont seem right as I know the pressure was good and at max, I never run them anyother way....time will tell.

WOW SQUID!!!! As already stated THANK GOD you two are ok!! AS I look at those pics, I can just feel the ground shake as that gorgeous scoot tumbles.. I have crashed MANY times while MX'n and riding stunts but there is NOTHING that even comes close to the massiveness and impact of a full dresser being destroyed - IT IS HORRIBLE!!

Thankfully these things are nothing more then steel and plastic (I say that respectfully folks) and can always be replaced - not so with the ones we love - you two are living miracles!!!

'Puc

Brad, It's a good thing that your's and Lonna's lucky stars were lined up just right. That things a mess. As for the tire... I've got Commanders on mine. They've been good tires but I remember while putting them on the wheel that they went on too easy. They really didn't fit the rim as tight as I thought they should. I'll soon have to replace them and I'm much considering looking at a different brand.

Heck Brad....a little Plastex, some wax, duct tape.....

OK...it's a mess. Glad you and Lonna are OK.

OhOhOh dont forget the binder twine!!

That seat looks good though....guy could use that...didnt see any brown marks or pucker dimples in it all!

All in all...a fixer upper....naw...use the insurance and get something newer.

Can you take off the add ons..you wont get anything for them I dont think.

And last but not least...the best pic of all is seeing both of you standing there looking at the beast and not other people standing there looking at you...if you know what I mean.:bighug:

Duck tape and a BFH and you're back on the road.

Now to the serious stuff. If you can get me the tire and rim, I can take a look at it and see what we can figure out. Heck, that's what I do for a living. "If it burns, breaks or blows up, we can tell you what, why and how it happened."

Just from what I can see in the pics I have a suspicion of what happened.

Guest maddabber

Only one thing I will say Brad. God's hand was upon you and Lonna in this accident for sure. Will be glad to see your smiling face again.

Darrell

:bighug:

ps Don might be right about some duct tape.:confused24::rotf:

Glad to see you both walking around as by looks of traffic it could have been worse if it didn't end in median. Best wishes to both of you!!!! Hope you have NO problems with insurance. P.S. I must have been sleeping----when did this mishap happen(will have to pay more attention)Sorry.