IGNORED

1st Day Back

Yammer Dan

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan .....I plan to strart a vigorous 3x's a week program in mid-November. Gotta get checked out by my Doc first to make sure I don't kill mahself trying to get into shape....:whistling:

Boomer.....who sez he kin groan louder den Dan.:rotfl:

I've seen a few from here that need to join us Boomer:whistling: And I'm betting I can groan louder than anyone. OUCH!!

Not too sore this morning. Son-in-law claims I didn't do enough!That boy think he is safe just because he is not sneaking around here anymore?? I know where he lives. Better take a big club with me from the looks of him now. That gym is working.

A good workout pardner makes this a lot easier. He might be worth something after all.

I have a treadmill right beside the computer desk and am too lazy to walk on it. Man, I gotta get motivated.

15 Miles on my bicycle yesterday, it did take me an hour and a half.

Dan taking a few Motrin and a Tramadol before I go riding seems to help me.

I have a treadmill right beside the computer desk and am too lazy to walk on it. Man, I gotta get motivated.

Just hook up a generator to the treadmill so that you have to be walking to generate the power to play computer.

As a bonus it will save on the electric bill.

A good workout is more about form and repetitions than pounds picked up. For me, the third day after a brutal workout is the worst, as far as pain is concerned. I have found that soaking the sore muscles in alcohol (beer) from the inside sure helps.---The alcohol thins the blood, thus carying the oxygen to the affected muscles washing away the lactic acid and relieving the pain. That is my story and I am sticking to it...:cool10:

I think I'm getting this thing! Don't feel bad at all tonight. A lot sooner than I expected. That kid threw 300 lb on a big bar when we were about finished and started doing "Goldburgs" on it then says "You don't have to do this one Old Man!!! So I did 30 reps on it and walked away.... I may pay for that one tomorrow!!

Fear kept me away Annie. There are still some things I'm not going to try and I didn't mention falling with the barbell last night because of stupid leg (just the leg goose) and that hurt but I shouldn't have been moving the way I was with it. Slammed the leg into bench and then floor pretty good as I took a tumble with barbell across my shoulders. Sore but not bad this morning. I limp a little worse. But for the most I feel good. Determined right now to stay with it.

Edited by Yammer Dan

Mother-in-Law to hospital 100 miles away. Missed whole week of work-outs. Got Mother-in-Law home. Caught bug. May miss some more. I'm going back to bed..Glad I don't have to go deal with convicts this morning!!!Did I mention Retirement is Great once in a while??

Wonder if the Warden would go for Hot Toddy as Medical??

Here I go again. Only missed a week. Mother-in-Law back home and doing well. I could have probally slipped in the gym sometime during the week we were running with her but I caught a bug 1st night when we took her to ER. Back and forth to hospital 100 miles away and fighting bug it has been a long week. But I'm out the door and if that Son-in-Law laughs again I'm going to talk to the daughter!!! I'll Fix Him!!

I'm still at it. Spent over 2 & 1/2 hrs tonight. Retirement does have some things going for it. Can start early and go late when you feel like it. When I was working and doing this I always seemed to be rushed. I did my workout early today and when Son-in-law and his buddies showed up hung around and did their complete workout. Didn't even try to do the weight some of those (boys) are doing but I think it shocked them that the old man was there at the end and did as many reps as they did!!

Hope the Warden will help me out of bed in the morning!!

A good workout is more about form and repetitions than pounds picked up. For me, the third day after a brutal workout is the worst, as far as pain is concerned. I have found that soaking the sore muscles in alcohol (beer) from the inside sure helps.---The alcohol thins the blood, thus carying the oxygen to the affected muscles washing away the lactic acid and relieving the pain. That is my story and I am sticking to it...:cool10:

Jake I like that idea on the beer, except I still have some of my daddy's wine, home made and its good. Dan remember the wine. :080402gudl_prv:

Oh Yeah I remember that. Might get carried away with workouts with that.

I'm sore this morning but not as much as I thought I would be. It has been mentioned adding Heavy Bag to the workouts. At one time I could WORK a heavy bag for 5 min at a time. And I mean "WORK" it. 5 min seems hrs long. I'll never see that again.