IGNORED

1st Day Back

Yammer Dan

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday after procrastinating about it forever I went to the gym. I can't pick up my coffee cup this morning!! Was on this site just before I went out the door and was thinking about things. So it is this sites fault that I may have overdone it 1st day in about 5 yrs. What I need is to embarrass myself on here so I won't quit. Have really slipped from what I used to be. Getting old and weak. Could probally knock me down with a feather:whistling:!!

I paid for membership yesterday in hopes it will drive me a little. If you pay for something you should use it?? My arms really hurt this morning.Think I could get a little prayer for that or do I have to apply elsewhere??:whistling: Sorry Don....If you guys would push me a little this time it might help me to get the habit started again. If you get in a habit of working out you don't want to miss it. But if you don't do it regular it is easy to make excuses to skip days and then it goes downhill from there. Getting knocked down as I did it gives you a great excuse not to do it. OK Thats enough. Get out of chair and do something!!

Dan, Let's get after each other. I rejoined again today and want to drop some weight. Are you trying to drop weight or just get in better shape. Maybe we need a Venture Rider weigh in each week and see if that will motivate us. What's everyone think.

I'm after a little of both Rick. I worked out for years. Needed to with my job. But I never went for the bulk and all the muscles. I didn't push for a lot of weight as I wanted to be able to move. My speed was one of my assets at one time. I could turn out the light and be in bed before it got dark!!:whistling: But really this time I'm just trying to get back. After those accidents I hit that easy chair with a remote and didn't get back up!! As i said I never really pushed for a lot of muscle mass but was really strong for my size. And had the speed. Convicts knew that and stayed out of my way. I couldn't believe how how much I lost after I quit the weight room in 2006. (Tried to avoid looking in mirrow) It really got me when the Warden started commenting on the (used to be) I hit 240 lbs and for me that is huge. I'm at 227 now and need 20 to 30 more to go. Not really watching the weight just letting it happen but that is not working very well. I just eat Too Much!! I'm not sure of the best approach at my young age for this but I'm going to have to try to watch the weight as I go. Didn't mean to write book but this has been in my head for a while when I realized how far I had Fallen. "And couldn't get up" i might wantto go goose hunting one of these days. Those things are all over the place anymore!!:whistling:

I just got back Rick. Those scales still said 226 & 1/2. Pretty good workout though. We did a thing last year for MD. I'm not sure how it turned out because I quit... We could do something I just don't know what. If I loose the 26&1/2 I would be close to what I would like to see but I don't know..:whistling:That might be hard to do.

Maybe after the 1st of the year I'll join y'all on the weigh in. I'm 215 (lost 15lbs over the summer) I need to weigh about 150. Unfortunately all my workout stuff is packed away for the time being. My shoes are getting replaced soon (yay) (For those who know the story) So maybe, just maybe, I can start walking more. Anymore Ladies want to join in?

Why aren't you at the GYM now? You have some free time and you spend it on a computer instead of trying to get those "rock hard abs".

You shoulld be ashamed. You paid for the GYM now go use it.

Hows that? Does it help?

We always try to assist our friends.

Now get out there and run a few miles at this GYM and play with some Dumbells while your are it and before you know it you won't even be able to type you'll be so sore.

MY :2cents:

Why aren't you at the GYM now? You have some free time and you spend it on a computer instead of trying to get those "rock hard abs".

You shoulld be ashamed. You paid for the GYM now go use it.

Hows that? Does it help?

We always try to assist our friends.

Now get out there and run a few miles at this GYM and play with some Dumbells while your are it and before you know it you won't even be able to type you'll be so sore.

MY :2cents:

I'm doing three days a week. 2 to 3 hrs each trip. How many are you doing??

Run??? You ain't seen my leg have you?? But I will run by spring.Maybe.

Shooting for 200 lbs. Maybe.

Take it easy getting back into it.. I've had to layout so many times because I end up pushing myself and hurting something (torn rotator, back,etc) . You wont do yourself any favors if you mess something up and can't go.

And man it take so long to heal now that I've gotten older.. sheesh.