IGNORED

New 2012 star line up

TARHEEL RIDER

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JUST SEEN ON THE YAMAHA WEBSITE, THE NEW 2012'S WILL BE POSTED ON 9/14 AT 12:00 am. AND THE DRUM ROLL PLEASE...................................

I don't believe a drum roll was required...a long yawn would suffice...next bike will say HD on the tank...sorry Yamaha

It's a joke, and Yamaha still does not listen to anyone. The strat's reviews last year were a lack of cruise control that every bagger now has available, yet not the strat.

The Venture, another rehash with new paint.

No offense meant to you that love the Venture, but IMHO, what should be the least expensive touring bike is was over priced.

Cruise is a must for me....aftermarket kits run up to $900 bucks depending for a Strat or Roady...the Venture should be cheap by now...they have recovered their tooling costs by now ;)

I thought the Venture came with the saddle bag side guards that wrap around with the reflector on them. I do not see any on the 2012 model ? I have always thought that all the Ventures came with these. Matter of fact I have been looking for a set for my RSTD. I found one set but has no attachment bolts and the chrome spacers.

Fuzzy

Glad I jumped ship last year. 2 years ago, I was mad that they didnt change anything. After talking to a regional head at the Yamaha tent at Sturgis a few years ago, I knew they werent gonna change anything. I was pissed that they didnt have a venture or a Rstd there at all. That alone said volumes. I'm not surprised they didnt change it again. Its a good thing for me that there are some good people on this site or I'd be long gone.

I'm not upset that they haven't changed the bike. I still like mine, and still have a year left on the warranty. Now, if they do decide to do something next year to the bike that still keeps the cruiser styling and comfort of the Second Gen. along with upgrades I'd be very interested! Timing is everything.

If Yamaha decides to go back to a Goldwing copy, I'd have to pass.

booo wine fussss.... if your ready to trade and wanted a new yamaha... well then i wish you could have your wish..

however, if your not ready to trade and your enjoying your rsv or your tour deluxe.. well then your in luck... because you just recieved another year of added value!! congrads!!

i have 1 of each and have no wants to trade.

I noticed that a couple of the biggest complainers don't even ride the Royal Star Venture. I like mine. I like the styling and the ride and the looks. Really the only things I would have liked to seen was fuel injectiion and anti lock rear brake. Other that than I don't want them to change much. If I wanted to ride a bike that looks and rides like a gold wing I'd buy one. I'd have a Electra glide except for two reason, Cost and air cooled.

At least in Canada it is shown as an "unlimited" warranty still.... for now.

I saw a Venture in Brantford (about 4 years ago) that had a 1,200 charge for the 5yr extended warranty. This was on the Price tag that hung from the handlebars :think:

Brad

I agree with Rick that the bike needs very few changes. I've had mine for well over 12 years now and it's the first bike that I have ever owned for more than about a year. Yes, I've looked at others over the years. I think the Ultra Classic is a beautiful bike and I am intrigued by the new Victory Cross Country but neither excite me enough to replace my RSV with one. Fuel injection might be nice but I'm not unhappy with the way my carbs work. Cassette deck? Who cares. It is hidden anyway and mine is long gone and replaced with gauges. I really prefer NOT having a built in NAV system and/or satellite radio. I have XM, NAV and MP3 in my Garmin and much prefer that to any built in system because I can move mine back and forth from the bike to my work car.

Yes, it would be nice to see Yamaha make some changes. It would add some new excitement to the line. For me though, I'm still pretty happy with the RSV.

My biggest fear is that when they finally DO update it, they will go to more of the Goldwing or even sport touring type format. I love the cruiser styling and if they did that, it would mean that when I finally DO get ready to buy a new bike, I would be looking at the Ultra or the Cross Country.

The thing that still ticks me off big time is the 2011 is STILL $23,800. Why??? The Canadian dollar has been as good as and sometimes even better than the American dollar for a good year or so now. Why do we have to pay SO much more PLUS 15% tax on top of that???

This is why we purchased privately. If we could get your guys' price in the US, we'd have bought from a dealer, gotten some warranty, etc., but the prices are just way too high around here. (At a dealer, 2006 model is still $14,000!!!)

I saw a Venture in Brantford (about 4 years ago) that had a 1,200 charge for the 5yr extended warranty. This was on the Price tag that hung from the handlebars :think:

Brad

Was probably a US bike. I looked at one at Hully Gully a couple years ago that they had brought in from the US. No warranty in Canada so the only option was to pay for a warranty. Sounds like the same thing you saw.

ZZZZZZ,,,, hey, I just woke up,,, is it Y2K yet,,, did I miss anything,,, Nope,,, everything is same-same.

Hey, but back to my favorite two colors,,,, Black and Chrome!!!

Dropped the stupid flame decal.

As much as I would like to see them do upgrades, any 2012 is better than none.

Means they added another year of support system for the 1999-2011, and aftermarket parts may hold on longer.

I'm okay but,,,,,,I wasn't looking to buy this year.

Mike G

Regarding pricing....

Harley Ultra Classic Electra Glide - U.S. $21,499, Canada $23,589. (difference $2,090)

- with current exchange rate it should be $20,882 in Canada

Gold Wing 1800AD Airbag - U.S. $28,499, Canada $30,999 (difference $2500)

- with current exchange rate it should be $27,738 in Canada

2011 RSV price is - US - $20,090, Canada - $23,899 msrp (difference $3,809)

- with current exchange rate it should be $19,514 in Canada