IGNORED

Gonna have to watch this one!

Yammer Dan

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a small job going on and it's about half done. The bad news is that the contractor is not here today - the good news is that he called me at 7:50 am and explained why.

The bad news is that a tree fell on his dad's house and he has to remove it. The good news is, nobody was hurt.

More good news, I haven't given him a cent towards the project but he has charged all the material to my account at the lumber yard.

btw - anybody have any of the stamps for concrete ? We're putting in a sidewalk and as an afterthought, we decided to make it look not like a new sidewalk.

How do I go about firing this clown? And trying to get some of my money back.

Got a phone number? Call him and tell him that if he is not there at 8:00 tomorrow morning and does not show up every day thereafter until the job is complete, you will have your attorney begin legal proceedings against him. And then follow through.

I would hope that the thought of having to spend money on his own lawyer would motivate him to get his act together.

Good luck.

Did you write him a check? Put a stop payment on it.

Since you can not call him, send him a registered letter.

Use a different phone to call him so that he will not ignore your phone number and / or use the *69 (I think) option to block your number.

If he has no phone number, how did you contact him originally? Maybe you can go through that same route to contact him again. If he was referred to you, make sure the source that referred him knows what is going on.

As you mentioned earlier, today might be hangover day, after a long weekend of partying the workers may need more money so will have to come and do some work till they get paid next.

Since he is already paid in full, the longer this drags out the harder it will be to collect anything because more of your money will be spent and gone.

They got more work done today than they have since they started. Warden made a nasty call to him couple hrs before he showed up. He didn't answer phone but message she left was not nice. And that woman can spell nasty!!! He showed and got something done??? Don't know if he had time to get call or not.:think:

She's been dealing with you for years Dan. That contractor is a piece of cake compared to you.:doh: :rotf::rotf:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I ain't telling her that one!!

They are pouring footers in the hardest rain I've seen for a while. Bet they would like to have one of those pretty days they missed back. 9 yrds of concrete with a wheel barrow. Getting a little muddy out there. 2 barrow loads dumped in lawn so far but it is getting done. Cleaning up the mess will take forever.