IGNORED

Some will say "But they were only dogs!"

wes0778

I have a REALLY heavy heart this morning!!!

We had to put two of the 4-legged children to sleep this morning. They were 15 or 16.

Some will say typing through tears is silly as they were just dogs...

R.I.P. Toy and Taylor

Pictures are from happier times...

Its never easy......

http://www.petloss.com/rbowx.gifRainbow Bridge http://www.petloss.com/rbowx.gif

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Sorry to hear that Walter. I'm sure that's tough on you and the Missus and Wes. But I'm sure there are tons of good memories to keep a smile on your faces.:thumbsup2:

We've been putting that off ourselves. We've got a PekaPom almost 16 years old. He has an enlarged heart that causes him to pass out and fall over every time he gets excited. That's been going on for almost 2 years. $50 a month for meds helps a little, but he still tips over at least twice a day. Cataracts have him almost blind and he can't hear much either.

But he's usually looking happy yet, and he can still tell when Dad's got a beer and still begs for a sip, so we still keep him around because for the most part he seems happy.

Best Wishes, Scooter Bob and Karen

Its never easy......

http://www.petloss.com/rbowx.gifRainbow Bridge http://www.petloss.com/rbowx.gif

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Awesome Poem. :sign kewl: I'll hunt this thread down when the day comes.:thumbsup2:

I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm one of them silly people too. When our last old girl had to be put down Jeff took her for her last ride in the side car she always loved going with him in that. They were way more then dogs and anyone who has had a dog or cat knows that.

Margaret

Forgive my language Don...but in response to this post...

Some of the biggest BADASSES I know are dog lovers and would cry and GRIEVE just like you and I do, if not more.

Nothing sissy about Man's best friend!

I lost our Louie (a Beagle) last July when he was 14 years old...it was (is) the worst grieving that my wife and I have ever went through.

Luckily, we were able to make Louie's last month of life one of the best of his life.

My sympathies are with you friend.

Wally

The two dogs we have belong to both of the kids. We call them our grandpuppies. LOL They are very much part of our family. We got the Aussie about a month after we had to put down the lab, which was 14. My wife said no more dogs, but when she went with our son to look at the dog she fell in love. I don't think my life would be very happy if I didn't have a dog around. In time you both will be ready for more dogs, but you will always remember the others. I feel for you and your family.

i understand your pain, and the need for tears.

i lost my old germanshepherd "child"last month.he was 12 years old.

since then, i "adopted' a 5 year old kid, who brought with him a ton of NO TRAINING.

gonna take a lot of work on my part to mold him into "family".

just jt

Putting a family pet down is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.. I've owned about a dozen in my lifetime...and cry like a baby each and every time...Sorry for your loss.......

Edited by BIG TOM