IGNORED

How many gen1's??

islandmech

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an 83 VR and a 84 standard venture.

Fixing the 83 and riding the 84

Went for about a 3 hour ride today....ice is still on a lot of the lakes ......

BUT I"M LOVING IT!!!!!!!

WHOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

ps....watch out for soft sholders.....very soft this time of year....I owe ANOTHER donation!!!:mo money::fiddle:

Actually the serial number is 101 as shown in the service manual and confirmed from the factory records, they have records of the original owners starting at # 174. there are no records before that.

How do I know its still on the road, because its in my shed waiting for me to take it for ride. :cool10:

Actually the serial number is 101 as shown in the service manual and confirmed from the factory records, they have records of the original owners starting at # 174. there are no records before that.

How do I know its still on the road, because its in my shed waiting for me to take it for ride. :cool10:

Dude way cool. You got the first Venture. Any pics of her? Shaun

1986 from Squidley and Lonna, and lovin every mile of it. I've put 32,000 on since they turned Zfrebird4 over to me in 2006. Minimal maintenance; finally had to replace the starter, and that was the biggest item.

Let's all keep um until they start makin em again!

JackZ

:Venture::7_6_3[1]:... and they ride well in any direction except UP and DOWN!

1986 from Squidley and Lonna, and lovin every mile of it. I've put 32,000 on since they turned Zfrebird4 over to me in 2006. Minimal maintenance; finally had to replace the starter, and that was the biggest item.

Let's all keep um until they start makin em again!

JackZ

:Venture::7_6_3[1]:... and they ride well in any direction except UP and DOWN!

I think that is the bike I picked up in Knoxville, TN for Squidley and met him up in Ohio to deliver it to him.

RandyA

Well, -1 as I had to sell my 89 to get the cash for the replacement camper (roof was shot to much water damage). Trying real hard to do the Dave Ramsey debt reduction, so cash is the only way. I really hate Dave Ramsey at times, lol.

But Linda and I talked and I will get another Venture hopefully this fall.

Sold it to a nice guy named George from Anderson, SC. Told him about this website. Of course the bike was running really good thanks to all on this forum. I learned so much about these bikes I can't wait to find one that needs repair.

Well i know of 4 in Victoria counting my 86 so this thread adds up to 38 so far...lol

i ride with a group here {CMC} and my bike is definatly the oldest, but maybe the fastest!

Gary

I have an 83 & a 86 on the other side of the malahat.

A friend back in the Wainwright area, just got an 85 & a 86 from Sask. He had called me on monday, wishing I was still there & to source some parts (battery, starter ect).

I have 2 of them! An '84 Royale that has had a lot of upgrades, is presently semi apart with 18K original miles and will be up for sale probably this summer with a prospective buyer, and an '85 Royale originally bought for parts with around 50K miles that I plan on doing a frame up restoration when I retire next year, then plan on selling...

I've got a 83 standard that running pretty good but still has a few quirks. I've got new diraphrams on order hopefully they will get it running right. It was setting up for 6 years before I picked it up. Thanks to the tech help on this site I've got most of the items fixed.

I have a donor bike I took floor boards and heel toe shifter off. The shift is now backwards. does anyone out there know the right way to correct it? Do you need to turn the linkage between the two shift shafts over? And if thats the answer do you access that linkage throught the left side transmission cover or do you need to drop the exhaust crossover?

Again thanks to all that have given the tech information in the past. This is a great site and some great people. :322:

I have an 87 anniversary edition with a little over 60k on it.My 86 was parted out and the engine is now in a friends 84(?).I ride with 2 other guys who havean 86 and another 87 and there is an 83 Royale on KSL.com in Salt Lkae City now.I also just met a man inFilmore UT with 4 but one has a burned up engine ( lost all the coolent).

I've got a 83 standard that running pretty good but still has a few quirks. I've got new diraphrams on order hopefully they will get it running right. It was setting up for 6 years before I picked it up. Thanks to the tech help on this site I've got most of the items fixed.

I have a donor bike I took floor boards and heel toe shifter off. The shift is now backwards. does anyone out there know the right way to correct it? Do you need to turn the linkage between the two shift shafts over? And if thats the answer do you access that linkage throught the left side transmission cover or do you need to drop the exhaust crossover?

Again thanks to all that have given the tech information in the past. This is a great site and some great people. :322:

Heel toe shifter is not the best idea for a 1st gen,,, it tends to break off the bearing in the stator cover. Sorry for the info,,, but that's what happens.