Early detection is the key. You caught it early so you have every chance of beating it. In my case I had too many tumors for the radioactive pellets and with my lungs they did not want to operate so I had radiation and drugs. It all worked out. 5 years now and psa .025

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi all

thanks so much to all for your thoughts and prayers. herb thanks for the call and the info. when i had the biopsie they took 12 samples, and 4 of them came back positive. my gleason score is a 3+4=(7). which is kinda high and means i should'nt mess around too long. also please remind our female loved ones to have their breast exams too. and men remember we too can have breast cancer. peace & love to all.

reguards

don c.

Don, our thoughts and prayers are with you. It's good that you cought it early. Prostsate Ca. is very curable in the early stages. The hospital I work at has the DaVincci robot and we have had increadible success with this method. Good luck with your surgery and have a speedy RECOVERY!

hey Don

lots of new procedures with positive results.

my cousin, next door neighbour, and a good friend have gone through this in the past year with great results.

extra prayers going out to you

Sherry and Scott

Don, just got back from Florida to visit my mother and this is not the type of posts I imagined coming back to.

I get a physical annually and the psa test is a very important part of that regimen, fortunately my tests have been good.

My thoughts and prayers are with you Don and I'm sure this will prove to be a positive experience for you.

Dick

Hey Don,

I had/have prostate cancer...My surgery was on 3/22. I had the robotic surgery, It went very well for me. My surgery lasted about 5.5 hours(started at 7:30 A.M. was over by 1:00) by 8:30 p.m. I was begging the nurses to let me get up & walk...they wouldn't let me till the next day. went home that next day also. (3/23) Pain was really not bad at all for me...took some pain medicine, still take some every once in a while. The most aggravating thing for me is the catheter, But I go for my follow up tomorrow & hopefully everything will be fine & I can get it removed. I attribute my successful procedure to Having a very skilled & gifted surgeon & Lots of people praying for us as we went/are going through this through this deal.

It is also driving me crazy (especially after the winter we've had) not to be out riding....but you can bet one thing that will be THE FIRST question I ask the DR. tomorrow WHEN CAN I RIDE???????

I'll be praying for you, If you want to talk or if there is anything I can do for you sent me a PM with your contact info and I give you a holler.

Thanks, Melvin

Edited by wannarsv
spelling

Don, we'll be thinking of you here. Medicine has advanced quite a bit, and as you can see from the stories here, everything should be fine, and all of this will just be a memory soon. Hope everything works out for you, and you have minimal pain and discomfort.

Fair winds and following seas to ya!

Patrick

hi all

thanks to everyone for the prayers and well wishes. and everyone's stories about their prostate operations. it gives me great hope that this is just another bump in the road for me. as i have already beat cancer once before 17 years ago before sarah was born. she ask me the other day was i going to live, (funny what goes on inside a child's mind). yes i told her i will be around for a long time. i finale have my operation set for may 9. love and peace to all.

reguards

don c.

Hey Don, That leaves you with about 34 days to get some ridin in. The doc will tell you to stay off your scooter for about 6 months so better enjoy now. Start doing those Kegels now my friend and you'll be glad you did.

Call me anytime.

Herb

hi all

thanks to everyone for the prayers and well wishes. and everyone's stories about their prostate operations. it gives me great hope that this is just another bump in the road for me. as i have already beat cancer once before 17 years ago before sarah was born. she ask me the other day was i going to live, (funny what goes on inside a child's mind). yes i told her i will be around for a long time. i finale have my operation set for may 9. love and peace to all.

reguards

don c.

I agree the sooner you start your Kegels the better. I just got my cathater out yesterday and all ready have (i think) some good control.....but it will still take some time. I asked my doctor yesterday how long till i can ride? He said give him a couple more weeks, and it should be fine.

Don, I believe you will be just fine, My surgery was 2 weeks ago today & I am getting better & better every day. My biggest problem is trying to do too much at one time, but I'm not a patient person. My new windshield was delivered a little while ago & I want to bust out to the shop & put it on....But I've all ready done enough for one day so it'll have to wait till tomorrow.

I'll keep praying for you, and if you need anything just give a holler.

Melvin

• 3 months later...

hi folks,frends and loved ones

well it's time for a little update. i meet with my droctor for a check up on the 1'st of july. said everything look good, but need to do a psa check to confirm. well his office called this morning to give the news. the psa level is negitive and no sign of cancer.

i wish to thank everyone for your thoughts, prayers and well wishes. this was not my 1'st bought with cancer. (had it 17 years ago before sarah was born.) please remember to say a prayer for everyone with cancer, especially the little ones.

and prayers for a end to the war and safe return of our loved ones in harms way.

best reguards

don c.