IGNORED

No longer a Venture owner

rentalguy1

Thanks all. I'll try to take/post some pics later today. You really don't want to know what they gave me on trade; just $1000. That was my fault, because I told the sales manager that if he couldn't give me at least a grand on it that I would just keep it. Not mean or anything, just wasn't worth the effort to bring two bikes if I was going to have to give one away.It all even out, though. They gave me $300 over the Black Book average retail price for my sporty ($6900). Still ended up being a chunk of money for a bike. I better get used to it, because it's gonna be mine for a loooong time. That means I can start the mods today, right?

Thanks all. I'll try to take/post some pics later today. You really don't want to know what they gave me on trade; just $1000. That was my fault, because I told the sales manager that if he couldn't give me at least a grand on it that I would just keep it. Not mean or anything, just wasn't worth the effort to bring two bikes if I was going to have to give one away.It all even out, though. They gave me $300 over the Black Book average retail price for my sporty ($6900). Still ended up being a chunk of money for a bike. I better get used to it, because it's gonna be mine for a loooong time. That means I can start the mods today, right?

Love my Sporty. It ain't my primary ride. Just for play.

And about your mods...the latest HD rage is a triple plated chrome radiator cap. I hear they are quite popular. So popular that you'd be hard pressed to find one on the dealer's shelf.

:whistling::rotf:

Jokes aside, I hope you truly enjoy a very long relationship with your new ride.:322:

I traded my VR and Sporty for a '11 Ultra Classic Electra Glide today. I'll still hang around and hope to ride with some of you in the future, though.

I sold my 2007 Venture and my 2008 Stratoliner last fall and bought a 2010 Electra Glide Classic. So far I'm very pleased. Join hdforums.com, you won't believe how many former Venture and Stratoliner riders are on there.

I'll always be a Yamaha guy though, I've enjoyed 3 Royal Star Ventures.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e330/rentalguy1/DSC00279.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e330/rentalguy1/DSC00276.jpg

width=450 height=600http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e330/rentalguy1/DSC00278.jpg[/img]

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e330/rentalguy1/DSC00280.jpg

My first mod was to replace the whimpy stock mufflers with Rinehart 3.5" slip ons. Of course I had a good supervisor for this job

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e330/rentalguy1/DSC00275.jpg

The wife actually wanted to sit in "her seat," as she called it. Looks like she might start riding with me after all.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e330/rentalguy1/DSC00274.jpg

I sold my 2007 Venture and my 2008 Stratoliner last fall and bought a 2010 Electra Glide Classic. So far I'm very pleased. Join hdforums.com, you won't believe how many former Venture and Stratoliner riders are on there.

I'll always be a Yamaha guy though, I've enjoyed 3 Royal Star Ventures.

I joined hdforums back when I bought the sporty, but I was later banned. I guess some of my opinions were too strong for them. I just thought of something...I must be a real bad a-- to get banned from a Harley Davidson forum :cool10:

Good looking bike. Most all real motorcycle riders started out riding metric bikes and later got a harley. I park my venture in front of my office when I ride it to work. I insure many harleys and have many friends that ride harleys. I recently insured a screamin eagle street glide. The guy asked me about by venture parked outside. He said he rode yamaha's for many years and never had a problem with any of them. He said I always wanted a harley and I can now afford one so I bought the street glide. He said I know it won't be as smooth as the yamaha but I just wanted a harley. I can't tell you how many times I have heard this. Most of the motorcycle wanabees never rode a motorcycle in their life and get to their fifties and think getting a harley makes them bad but real cycle riders started out in their teens riding honda, yamahas, suzukies and kawasakies.

ediddy, "Most all real motorcycle riders started out riding metric bikes and later got a harley".

I'm about as real of a motorcycle rider as you can get and I can assure you that I will never own a harley.

You see, I will not promote, labels of any kind, or buy something simply to impress someone else. I've been around people like that and I want no part of it. I buy my bikes based on what they have to offer, the bells and whistles, saftey and looks.

But, to be fair, I will not make disparaging remarks, about a harley or any other bike for that fact. As long as your riding, who cares what it is? And if you do care, well that says something about that person as well.

In fact,the only other bike I would even consider beside the Yamaha Venture is the HONDA Airbag model. That would be for saftey reasons and because it's quiet. With my hearing loss I have to preserve everything I have left!

Rentalguy1, enjoy the bike, a very good friend of mine Ray Boggs has the 08 Ultra. He will probably upgrade to the 11 model this year as it cures the heat problem for the driver. (actually I believe the 09 version did this.) It is a very nice bike.

Just remember :worthless:

Probably like the majority of motorcyclists, I have no biases against anyone or any bike. I like people and I love bikes.

I don't purchase stuff to promote anything.

My daughter found out I bought an 883R, so she gave me a Harley tee shirt for Christmas. I do wear it often. it's a nice shirt. I wear it whether I'm on a Harley, Yamaha, Honda, makes no difference to me.

If someone wants to GIVE me a Yamaha shirt, I'll gladly wear it also...no matter what bike I'm riding when I'm wearing it. But I won't spend the bucks to buy a shirt like that.

I do love my Sportster, but my Harley friends chide me about it being a girl's bike. That's o.k. with me.

One of the best things I like about the Ultras is the tour pack. I wish my Yamaha trunks opened to the side. Makes a lot of sense and is easier than making the passenger get off to open it.

I may one day consider owneship of a Street Glide.

All that said, congrats on your new ride!

Hey captainjoe,

I didn't mean to imply that all metric owners want a harley, just to say that most real motorcycle riders that have harleys started out riding metric bikes. The ones that didn't get a bike until their fifties and have an attitude are mostly harley riders. My son even said they were probably geeks in school and now want people to think they are bad. I too don't care what you ride. I have a lot of friends that ride harleys and I ride with them often. It shouldn't matter what you ride but some of the harley riders think differently.

I think the very first bike I rode didn't even have a name. Oh yea, It was Briggs and Stratton and it was red. Come to think of it, I don't think it had any brakes either.:shock3: :doh: :rotf:

Mine either was a Briggs and stratton or a Tecumseh 5 hp but it was black and it did have a brake sometimes. It was a scrub brake on the rear tire.

BOO

HAHA...Mine was a Tecumsah 5HP, and it was (very faded) yellow. The brakes worked fine, though. Dad taught my brother to wrench early, and since he is 9 years older than me, they both taught me to wrench before I learned to read. In other words, we were expected to maintain our toys...

• 2 weeks later...