IGNORED

What side is your biscuit buttered on?

Dragonslayer

I have recently realized that most folks don't know what side their biscuit is buttered on.

To prove my point I'm launching this enquirery.

What side is your biscuit buttered on and why.

Do you butter your biscuit on the top, the bottom of the top, the top of the bottom or the bottom and why?

Enquiring minds want to know.:detective:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep...I don't know WHERE this one is headed but I split mine also. Split, put butter in the middle, close it back up.

Why? It keeps me from getting butter all over my fingers when I eat. :)

Great minds think alike, of course I wasn't meaning yours but thats OK

:stickpoke:

There is an art to eating good biscuits. You take and put some sorghum on the plate mix butter with it just right and sop it up it with the biscuit. You know when you have the mix just right when it tears half of a cat's head biscuit half in two when you drag it through.

Yep...I don't know WHERE this one is headed but I split mine also. Split, put butter in the middle, close it back up.

Why? It keeps me from getting butter all over my fingers when I eat. :)

Survey says................That More than 75% of the populations splits their biscuit in the middle and applies the butter on one of the inside surfaces.

My question is.. which surface do you apply the butter to the bottom of the top half or the top of the bottom half and why?

I have a theory on the best option and am looking for intellectural confirmation.:backinmyday:

There is an art to eating good biscuits. You take and put some sorghum on the plate mix butter with it just right and sop it up it with the biscuit. You know when you have the mix just right when it tears half of a cat's head biscuit half in two when you drag it through.

Ahhh....... A Sorgham Sopper that also knows what a cat's head biscuit is.:thumbsup2:

Did we go to different schools together?

I cut mine in half, and butter both sides....or I cover both sides with salad dressing, and put a nice sausage patty between them, with a slice of tomato....sometimes I use mustard instead.

I also use them for sopping.

When I use butter it's a little on top before they bake then split and butter the "bottom of the top and the top of the bottom".

But normally it's split them and cover with plenty of homemade tomato gravy... plus one fresh from the pan for soppin' the plate!