IGNORED

What side is your biscuit buttered on?

Dragonslayer

Its not even winter yet, and this comes out....just wait till every one gets bored...:starz:

I agree..and somehow I think AtlantaDragonslayer managed to add a slice of "mushroom" to his morning biscuits to come up with this one.....

Me personally, I prefer an english muffin since biscuits are way too flakey for me. Now, a good question would be: how much butter does it take to fill in the nooks and crannies on an english muffin???:smile5:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Guest Ken8143

All this talk about biscuits made me dig out my mother's recipe for good old timey biscuits and they came out just fine thank you very much. Sausage grave is of course a major way to go with buscuits - the other best way is to split the biscuit, put a slab of home made butter between, wait for about 7 seconds, and then wolf that sucker down.

Biscuits must be slit other wise the goodness is not activated.

Guest RawHide

Strawberry Short Cakes....now that is a sugary BISCUIT with Strawberries and whipped cream all of it...mmmmmmmm you got my mouth watering thinking about biscuits!

:stickinouttounge:

This past weekend I just put up my first batch of Deer sausage for the season. All of my last year's wild game sausage was pretty much consumed by April.

Not to brag but, my home made wild game sausage, jerky and select meat cuts are the best in the land and the perfect accessory for any biscuit.

No my techniques and recipes are not family secrets passed down from generation to generation. Nor are they recipes I've seen on tv or borrowed from other sources, at least not totally.

They are a result of 40 years of trial and error research in the best methods to harvest, field dress, age, butcher, trim, prepare, season, package, freeze then cook these delicatable critters found roaming around our woodlands. The combination of which is now a family secret which I am painstakingly passing down to my son in every detail beginning with the dragging out of the woods, field dressing and butchering steps.

I'm not sure he still views hunting as a recreational activity now that he is old enough to participate in the work portion of the process

My son is really sick of hunting now. Yesterday we killed three more within the first 15 minutes of daylight. He is really sick processing deer meat now. RandyR was over today to help on the bike and got to try some of the deer sausage on a biscuit.

He'll just have to tell you what he thinks of it. By the way he put the mustard on the top of the sausage which was on the bottom half of the biscuit.

I have recently realized that most folks don't know what side their biscuit is buttered on.

To prove my point I'm launching this enquirery.

What side is your biscuit buttered on and why.

Do you butter your biscuit on the top, the bottom of the top, the top of the bottom or the bottom and why?

Enquiring minds want to know.:detective:

I dont know what youre really asking here, youre confusing me...(its easy to do...lol) BUT I always butter the bisquit on the side that looks like it will hold the most amount of butter in the little holes or creases, of course on the top and the bottom half after splitting....heheh

Brian

Originally Posted by SilvrT viewpost.gif

What's a biscuit??

(enquiring minds want to know)

now if you were asking about bread, I'd say I butter it on the bottom, turn it over and eat it.....

You poor, poor soul.:no-no-no:

I concur.

I usually buy mine loaded with butter, bacon, cheese, egg and a little Strawberry jam just to blend all the flavors together......MmmmMmmmMmmm.........Goooooood!!