IGNORED

It's been a long week

dingy

I have been dealing without having a job since January 2009.

Finally started back to work this week as a Mechanical Design Engineer at a plant 5 miles from home. I am working in new product development, which is a nice area to be in. They make small electrical sensors for cars, appliances, water heaters & related stuff. Last job was a 55 mile commute one way, so the 5 mile drive is great .

It is nice to be productive again.

On the down side, my mother in law was diagnosed with terminal cancer a week ago. The cancer is so advanced , there is nothing they can do for her.

She is an old Kentucky hills woman that never went to the doctor. She was taken to ER last week and diagnosed with pneumonia. They made her go to a regular doctor and he found a large mass on one of her lungs and cancer had spread to throat and lymph nodes. She has probably known that something was wrong for sometime, but never said anything.

There is nothing that they can do for her. At this point they can't even drain her lungs again. They put her on morphine this afternoon. She is on a full face respirator that is doing most of her breathing for her.

My wife and her brother & sisters are constantly with her at hospital. She can pass at any time now.

Gary

Gary:

Our thoughts go out to you and yours at this time. Be strong for your family in the days ahead. We feel your pain in facing the days ahead with your mother in law.

On a much more positive note, it's so awesome to hear that you are gainfully employed once again! Take care Gary!

randy and beth

Hi Gary,

I know what you are going thru. My Mum is in the last stages of terminal lung cancer.

Having Pnemonia may be a blessing.

The doctor told us that if that happens to Mum, she will probably die in her sleep and it would happen within a couple or three days.

Much better than a long slow painful end.

My prayers are for you and your family.

Hey Gary,

I am grateful and Glad to hear that you have returned to work! And the best part being it is so close to home. I never thought that men of our age would be looking for work, but I am very glad that your look is over.

I am very sorry to hear about your mother in law, My mom was the reason that I moved from San Diego to Pennsylvania and she passed just two years ago. I don't think I will ever get over that one. Both Jean and I will say a prayer for you and your wife and family.

Hang in there, my friend,

Earl and Jean

Hi Gary. I'm really sorry to hear about your mother-in-law, I'll keep all of you in my prayers, I know how hard it can be. I am glad to hear that you're working again after being unemployed for so long, I know all too well how difficult that must have been for you as well.

Sorry for the health problems for your mother-in-law. If she must go, may it be swift and painless. God still makes miracles, too.

Congrats on the great job.

Ralph and Looie

Prayers going up from the both of us here.........

I went through the same thing with my mother, she suffered in silence for 5-6 years before my dad tricked her and took her to an ER. .

On the good news side, glad you are gainfully employed again, I know what thats like, I had to find a job at the ripe of old age of 55, after being self-employed for 18 years. Boy was that tough..