IGNORED

Wild Hair 39/LAPryor Assistance Fund

LilBeaver

Total as of 23/Aug/2010 - 23:10 (Central) = $998.01 (including PayPal's cut).

Thanks to all who have contributed thus far!

If you would like to contribute to the Wild Hair/LAPryor assistance fund, please use the link below. It is setup through PayPal. I will forward ALL of the proceeds directly to Lowell.

NOTE: I will maintain a total tally and update it daily at the top of this thread. I do NOT intend on publishing or sharing any type of list of specific member's names AND amounts donated with anyone. As far as I am concerned, when each and every donation gets turned over to Lowell it will be presented as a donation from 'the family'. As for specific accounting, I WILL keep very careful records on my own - just to make sure that every penny is accounted for and re-directed AS IT IS INTENDED TO BE.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=lilbeaver27%40hotmail%2ecom&lc=US&item_name=Wildhair39%2fLAPryor%20Assistance%20Fund&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted

If you have any questions about this, please let me know.

For those of you that have mentioned that you would like to help out Lowell. The following links give some more info, I will also briefly describe it here.

The intro information on the fund effort: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=52037

Motivation for the fund effort: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?threadid=51974

I have had the privilege of meeting and riding with Lowell as well as chat with him on the phone. He is a great guy. Many others know him much better and have known him for much longer than I have, but regardless he has been having a hard time lately. One piece of all of the events going on as of recently included him moving. It is my understanding that in the loading process of his 'cow-a-saki' (as he puts it) the bike bottomed out on the trailer and damaged the oil pan. Eck and some of our other fantastic members [forgive me for leaving out your names - nothing personal] are in the process of arranging the repair of L A Pryor's bike. The current estimate of the repair seems to be a minimum of $200 in parts alone. Lowell had an estimate for a total of ~$300 for the repair, but that of course did not include getting his bike from Springfield, MO to western TN where the repair would be done. So, in addition to the cost of repairing the bike there is the travel expense of getting the bike to and from the shop (which is being handled by our members).

The alternative is for a few of our members to meet up at Lowell's to do the repair there.

Regardless, any donation made here will be passed on to Lowell. I will NOT leave this open indefinitely but will give a few days notice before I pull the link down.

I will wait until 'we' have Lowell's situation resolved before pulling the link.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR GENEROSITY AND CONSIDERATION!!!! Each and every penny counts!

- Rick M.

Edited by LilBeaver
Updated Total

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done. Keep us informed if there's not enough funds to cover the expenses of getting the bike fixed. If I was closer I'd also offer up my mechanic services.

Now that we're on the road to fixing up the bike it's time for Lowell to concentrate on doing the same. Get well soon friend.

Larry

Bump - I updated the total and felt like I needed to comment here.

Wow, I knew this group was great, but I am absolutely floored at how quickly we raised so much. THANK YOU EVERYONE, I am positive that Lowell will greatly appreciate it!

And yes, now that we are in the process of getting his ride going, now if we could only find a 'carb-sync' for his heart...

:thumbsup2:

a little more to help.

not much but many hands make light work (or a larger pot)

Being a newbie, I don't know Lowell...not sure I've even seen too many posts from him....but, as Jesus taught...."who really is our brother"

besides....reading everyone poking fun at him with the Yellowstone park picture was worth the price!

a little more to help.

not much but many hands make light work (or a larger pot)

Being a newbie, I don't know Lowell...not sure I've even seen too many posts from him....but, as Jesus taught...."who really is our brother"

besides....reading everyone poking fun at him with the Yellowstone park picture was worth the price!

I only hope you get to meet him one day! The hubby, one of our son's and myself were lucky enough to meet him at the Cody Roundup last year. He touched our hearts, and my son (whose 25) thought he was the best!!

He's welcome in our home any time!

Kind, gracious, humble are just a few of the kind of words that describe him.

And yes, now that we are in the process of getting his ride going, now if we could only find a 'carb-sync' for his heart...

:thumbsup2:

Sent some this morning.

Maybe an aftermarkt TCI will help, after all, they are programable..... :fingers-crossed-emo

Most likely, he will be missing PIP. I am sure there will be many people, that will miss seeing him this year. :2cents:

Just a side note especially to the lurkers on trial membership...This is the reason I am proud to be on this site..we kid about other makes and what others ride but when it gets down to the brass tacks it dont matter what you ride once you are on here you are family and we take care of each other.Proud of all you guys! Tom....Tupperware boy!