IGNORED

finally retired

starcruiser

I have finally gone and done it. Effective today I am retired. I am hoping this is not one of those decisions I'll regret later. After more that 50 years as either a student or teacher, I am now out of school! Graduation was a long time coming! Now I need to start planning some rides(besides M/D)! :grandpa:

Congratulations! The first year is the toughest. You'll go crazy thinking you should be somewhere doing something. Just relax and slow down. Jump on the bike and put some miles on her. If you like to fish go fishin. Boating, hikeing anything to keep you busy.

I retired at 49 after having burnt the candle from both ends for many many years. Now I just run the Park but pretty much work when I want to. I almost went back to work after the first 6 mos. but luckily summer came around and I got real busy real fast. The urge to go back to work went away! LOL...

Been retired 2 years. I have plenty to do, and do it when I want to or not.

I don't miss work at all. The pay isn't great, but I have enough toys that I don't need to spend much to live. And I love to eat fresh fish and venison, so my meal choices are simple.

:080402gudl_prv:

I retired in September of 2008 and stayed that way until Aprill of 2009. Then I realized I needed more activity so I started my own construction business. I only take a few jobs a year so I don't burn out like I did after almost fifty years of building bridges, tunnels, dams and other heavy civil projects.

:farmer:

I may be forced to retire early, and I am so excited! I think I can do it, but I am a bit younger than the average.

I suspect I will do a few construction projects along the way, to balance cash flow, but

I have everything a man could want now, so I feel for you, man!

BEST WISHES AND START PLANNING ON BIKE TRIPS ALL OVER!!!

Congratulations! I bailed in October 2004 and have never looked back. I always said if I could just figure a way to get 'em to send me a check, I "could" keep myself amused. So far, that's not been a problem:innocent-emoticon:. I've a ton of stuff I want to get done and NEVER have enough time to get it done. (And still don't have enough time to ride the motors). In any event, retired=good!!

Congratulations! I was forced to retire Oct. 2008. I hit an arbitrary age limit that says you can no longer safely do the job. So out I went. So it was not a matter of if I should or should not retire. I stayed retired until March 2009. I loved it. Now I've been cut from 5 days a week working to 3 days a week working. I love it even more. I've been told they will probably lay us off between Feb and May of 2011. Great. You see I don't want to work. i like being retired but I don't like my wife saying I should be working. Now she says "you love only working 3 days a week don't you"? I just smile to my self and say but honey It's not my choice. I'm looking forward to being laid off and telling my wife but honey it's not my fault we got laid off. Congratulations again, well done!

I learned I could retire 2/1997 on my hearing disabilities based on what I heard without my hearing aids. = NUTTIN! Leaggggggly deaf.

So I thought, why live with the corporate and church stress. Loved it ever since, and greatefull for my retirement plans.

Now I just ride, and enjoy friends and life.

JackZ

:Venture::7_6_3[1]: the guy who rides in all directions but down, ready to go UP anytime, but ain't in NOOOOO hurry! Jz

I stepped away January 2007 . Its the timed of dreams do the things you always wanted to do if you didn't have to worry about the money. I've always wanted to be a published author . I'm now working on my first childrens book. Make dreams real iTs now or never.