IGNORED

New Post's Function

Freebird

I've made a little change in how the "New Posts" function works. Previously, the threads would remain on your list but would go from bold font to regular font. Now the thread will be removed from your list after you have read the new post. One note though, if the thread is multiple pages, you have to go to the last page so that it at least THINKS that you have read all the new posts of that thread.

Let me know if you like it better this way. If not, I can easily change it back. I also may have to change it back if it has a large affect on the server. This method is more server intensive but I think with the recent upgrade, we should be OK.

Maybe it is just the need to get used to the change, but I don't particularly like it.

I'm used to seeing the newly updated threads to which I respond show up at the top of the list, and I often think about new comments I should have made or wonder if I read the first post correctly, so want to open it up and re-check. Now I have to go find that thread manually. ugh

Goose

like the others mine showes 289 posts I don't read all posts only the ones that interest me before it didn't list the one that was not read now you have all post evan if you don't read them now you need to open and go through them to close it out time consuming

Thank god someone responded to this thread. I wanted to put in my :2cents: but could not find the thread in the last "4" pages off posts. SO where do they go?

I don't really like it as I re-read the posts that I want to. Only now I got no idea where to find them??

Better luck next time, But I like the "old" way. :whistling:

Bryan

Thank god someone responded to this thread. I wanted to put in my :2cents: but could not find the thread in the last "4" pages off posts. SO where do they go?

I don't really like it as I re-read the posts that I want to. Only now I got no idea where to find them??

Better luck next time, But I like the "old" way. :whistling:

Bryan

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that:

I had to use the "BACK" button a bunch of times :scorched: to get back here to respond. My vote is change it back...

Afternoon Guys!

This may help. Go into your CP and check add thread replied to to your subscriptions. This way, anytime you post to a thread, it is in your subscriptions for you to refer back to at any time.

I am game for either way. I am used to another board that does it this way and to me it actually is a little cleaner in that only the posts you have not read show up.

To answer the problem of not reading everything: When you are through reading what you want at that time, then use the mark forums read button.

If you have not posted to a thread and you have marked it read, then to see all post for the day, clicking see today's post button will bring up all threads for the day.

I hope this helps

Any way, My 2Cents.

Signed, Too Cold to Ride :(

Afternoon Guys!

This may help. Go into your CP and check add thread replied to to your subscriptions. This way, anytime you post to a thread, it is in your subscriptions for you to refer back to at any time.

I am game for either way. I am used to another board that does it this way and to me it actually is a little cleaner in that only the posts you have not read show up.

To answer the problem of not reading everything: When you are through reading what you want at that time, then use the mark forums read button.

If you have not posted to a thread and you have marked it read, then to see all post for the day, clicking see today's post button will bring up all threads for the day.

I hope this helps

Any way, My 2Cents.

Signed, Too Cold to Ride :(

See post #6 I marked everything read and still show 230 post. If the object is to simplify then this is not it. I used to log on and go to new thread, if I wanted to respond it would show up immediately on the new post list, i wouldn't have to hunt it down! I wouldn't have to mark all forums as read,. cause if I came back 6 hours later only the new stuff would show and not everything I was't interrested in. And yes I only subscribe to the forums that pertain to me or that I am interrested in.

I realize that most folks don't like change and that not all change is bad, but this is not an improvement.

Yes, but in that same left menu, it you click the one titled "Mark Forums Read", it will work.

At this point, I'm thinking of changing it back. It seems that most don't like it.

Please put it back the way it was, put it back the way it was.

Your a good man for trying something different...but I'm not diggin' the new way, I'm with the majority and like the old way better. Let it run for a few days so the others can comment on it, but it seems a bit more of a hassel as far as my use of it

:2cents: