IGNORED

am i right or wrong?

oldgoat

ok am i wrong to think this and what do you think?

we have a pizza place. here in town about 5 miles down the road. well we got hungry and thought we would order a couple. well we were informed that besides cost of pizza there would be a $3.50 delivery. charge. my g/f got mad and said when the delivery person gets here. give no tip? as he gets the delivery fee. i thought this was wrong and slipped him 2 bucks:mo money:. now g/f said i was wrong. them kids are out there doing a job. and hey its the holiday season right? so im in the dog house for a lousy 2 bucks:Sad_0241:

No offense but it sound like you g/f has a selfish attitude, the $3.50 pays for the gas and vehicle to do the delivery, the tip is for the kid doing the runnning.

It was certainly worth $5.50 to get your food hand delivered.

I would have done the same.

gregg

I always tip for a service. If I get excellent service I tip more. Who knows who got the delivery fee money, I'm with you, those kids are trying to make a living doing something I would not want to do, I say give the kid a few bucks.

Next time, let your girl friend drive up and get the pizza, maybe then two bucks won't be such a bad deal. :confused24:

Just my thoughts,

Earl

footsie i take no offense. and i will stand by what i did. that kid was maybe 17 at the most. old running car. and its in the teens outside. there is a big age diffearnce between the g/f and i. shes 40 im 51. she has her place as do i. well i think shes in the wrong. so after dinner she went home to her place. verry shallow of her in my opion. maybe time to trade in for a differnt one. this has been going on for a while. seems like every thing i have been doing is wrong? must be holiday blues? oh well pizza is good. she took hers. her and i need to do some serious talking. or when i move to az its just going to be:mytruck1: single wild and free again.

She's in the wrong...period. The delivery charge is not all recieved by the driver, the store takes it's cut. I delivered pizza when I got out of the service as I was working 2 jobs. I hated it as you would have people that wouldn't tip or complain about something. I was a super fast delivery man, your pizza was always there hot as I wanted a good tip. When I bent over backwards (and embellished a few speed limits) to get it there fast and got the 0.35 change from the bill, I remembered them. The next time there pizza wasn't delivered so timely and it might have had the lid open and cooled off a bit

:whistling:

...and not that I'm into your love life, but I personally would be letting that one go her own way :2cents:

I think maybe you are right again, if she had a problem with a 2 buck tip, with it less than 20 degrees, might be time to find someone with more of your nature.

Plus she got mad at you, pizza delivered to your house.

Yep might be time to move on, if this is her reg attitude.

Gregg

Back in my younger days I used to deliver pizza. The driver is typically paid very near minimum wage and relies on tips for his real income. That $3.50 goes to the pizza shop owner to cover his expenses of gas, insurance, vehicle costs, wages, etc. Even $2 is usually cheap.

Think of it it terms of going to a restaurant, Most people tip 20% to someone that only has to take the order and then carry the food from the kitchen to your table. A waitress will spend maybe 5-6 minutes working for that tip where the driver has to drive from the store to your house and back to the store, seldom able to serve more than one or two customers at a time.

Because I know how it works from the inside I usually tip a food delivery person 20-30%, but never less than $5, unless the driver was really late or drove up on the lawn or something.

OK good Samaritan rant over.

The next time there pizza wasn't delivered so timely and it might have had the lid open and cooled off a bit

:whistling:

Oh...so that was YOU!!!!?????? :buttkick: :starz: :stickpoke:

...and not that I'm into your love life, but I personally would be letting that one go her own way

:2cents:

I couldn't agree more.

A long time ago I was either told or read somewhere that you could tell a lot about a person by how they treated a waitress, service employee, whatever. I personally treat them well. Most are trying their very hardest to just get by. They are sometimes people working a second job to make ends meet, a college student that is trying to at least help pay there own way rather than depending on dad and mom to do it all, etc. In other words, I believe strongly that you did the right thing by tipping.

It would be prudent for you to teach her a lesson in right and wrong. You taught her right by tipping the pizza guy, now teach her wrong by staying with her until you find someone better. Besides, it's always easier to find a new g/f if you currently have one. Just like looking for a new job, if you have one, everyone wants you, if you don't, you have to beg!

If Clare asks, I was never here!

I know AZ sounds good to me right about now as we're expecting snow (6"+)! Gas prices being what they are, especially if your gonna trailer the scoot, ya might want to consider the savings going solo! I'm sure you'll stop along the way,,is tipping an issue in cafe's? Hummmm..........you sound like a generous person,,,what goes around comes around ya know.......It was right to tip the kid,,,there's not much work out there for the young!

Renne

Right or wrong, to me the difference is more along the lines of values and how you treat others. Also, whose $2.00 was it? My thinking is if she got upset enough that she got a big old wad in her panties and went home because you tipped some kid $2 for delivering a pizza life ain't gonna' be a lot of fun. You will either have to change your values or change who you are with. Just decide which is more important. Ain't saying nothing, just saying.

i can't say exactly what you should do, but a road sign leads the correct path, especially the ones that say Wrong Way, Do Not Continue.

then again to my own words -

Tips are appreciated for delivering pizza more than non pizza delivering folks may know.

I know because -

I delivered pizza for 2 separate places. the first place I worked, i was sent on a run that no one else would make as it was in a known bad part of town. went up the stairs to the second floor. the people were nice and tipped me. i noticed the shotgun next to the door & gave an "OK" nod after learning a realtor had given the apt information to the job relocation dept where the guy worked when transferring to La. They were looking for another place to move to.

When leaving, i noticed shadows to the left & right of the ground level door waiting in lay for me. I went the other way and had bricks thrown at me, but since i was ready, i made my truck safely with no harm and my pouch of green on my waist.

Back at the store, i told my story & was told i did not have to make that any more runs to that area.

Tips are appreciated. i took the job to make ends meet. getting to make my own pizza helped defer grocery costs as well.

the g/f and i are no longer together. we had a talk and decided that we should go our seperate ways. she said that i will never agree with her. on how to save money. and do stuff ? im 51 years old have a small pension. and live on social security due to health issues. i guess it all comes down to money with her. and nope i did not give her the yamaha maxim for a christmas gift. so i got me a great back up bike. gives me more time to fix up the 84 venture. now time to go out to grocery stores and stuff to look for a better woman