IGNORED

Ok who is still riding?

friesman

I just came in from putting my bike away for the winter, and since 7 pm tonight there is about 4 inches of the white stuff on the ground. I had my last ride last Thursday, and it got to about 8c (low 40's f) , it was a nice day for a ride. ill repost the pics of the ice, the geese and the venture. http://picasaweb.google.ca/friesman1/Nov282009

I was wondering just for curiosity sake who was still riding and where they are living at.

Brian

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got out for 45 minutes on Saturday, I never completely "put-it-up" for the winter, never know when you might get a 40d F day with dry roads to sneak one in! Ya gots to charge the battery and keep the gas fresh somehow!

Rode about 100 miles sunday. It was in the upper 60's fahrenheit. I'm in north Georgia, not far from Vogel. We do get several snows, but it usually only stays around for a few days at a time then there will be a few days of near 50F where I'll get out and ride a bit.

The downside is I have to drive quite a ways to find good skiing...

im in illinois got around to 52 today. my venture is down as it needs repairs. and i had a acl repair about 3 weeks back. but i just couldnt hold back. 9 months of not ridding. got to me. i got a yamaha maxim a while back friend got it running like a dream.. i just had to climb on that thing and ride. with the knee taped up and in a support brace off i went. 125 miles. and then back. its going to start dropping down into the lows 30,s and high 20,s so ridding is over for me. i do have to say that maxim is a fun bike.

Texas Panhandle here (Lubbock, TX)

I put on ~250 miles two days ago and rode to work this morning... It was 28 degrees when I left - but a nice 55 on my way home.

We are supposed to get some 'snow' tonight and tomorrow, so we'll see what happens... but if I don't see it in the morning I'll be on the bike and off to work :)

Riding year round over here in Sac town. little cool in the morning only mid 40's to high 60's. think we got some rain coming though next week. Thats ok The jeep is back on the road for the rainy season:thumbsup2:, with new steering in place. I might be able to keep it between the lines now.

:guitarist 2::guitarist 2::250:

rode about 100 miles yesterday, got 2 toy runs coming up this weekend. Then one on the 12th. bike doesn't get put up down here. But it doesn't get ridden during the day much in July and august. a 100 degree 60 mph breeze is still 100 degrees.

We can ride pretty much all winter here in Mercedes, TX (way down in the Rio Grande Valley) except of course, yesterday and today while it is raining and cold, cold, cold...only supposed to get to mid-50's today. After way too many winters in Iowa, I know we won't get any sympathy from anyone still up North.

We don't have an off season here in SC. Ride year round, I tend to ride more in the winter than the summer, not much fun in 100°+ heat! We do have a couple of days a year where the temps dip into the upper 20's, but you can usually count on some 50° days here and there throughout the winter.

Dave

I ride nearly every day, all year long. Put my snowmobile suit on when its cold and go. 60+ miles aday. I have 4 cages (2 Cads, a Yukon, and an Altima), but I love to ride that RSV. Rainy days are just like every other day except with water. I draw the line at ice and snow, which is rare here in Western KY. It happens, but rare.:snow2::snow2:

Glenn

I got out on Sunday for 160 km (100 mi) in Fredericton New Brunswick. Temperature didn't go above 3 °C (37 °F) but it was sunny. Cold night last night and they salted the roads so I won't take it out again until we get some rain to wash it away (if we get rain again). Hope for at least one more day sometime in the next week or so. Very unlikely to get another chance until mid-March (at the earliest) around here. The salt they use on the roads keeps me off the scoot until spring, even if we get an unseasonably warm day.

Ross