IGNORED

I hope y'all dont disown me

Squidley

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we klnock those things a lot but it doesnt really matter. 2 wheels are 2 wheels. Put in what it means to you personally and its worth more than can be explained. Great bike and great friends. good luck with her and now we need to see you at more M&E when you get closer to us. Beings as you now cant say the bike is broke down, you have a spare. Congrats a keep her up on the spirit she was given.

David

Brad

It couldn't have happened to a better guy and a really deserving one. We knew when we first met you at St. Jude's that you were a great friend to all you meet. I know your friend is smiling down on you. Enjoy the ride!

Don and Pat

Brad,

Peg & I are very happy for you. Its not every day that you get a gift from a friend, especially one like this. Yep that Harley will be with you from now on.

You better get a face shield to keep all those bugs out of your smiling face going down the road.

Guess your going to change your name now ? Squid Harley

We're Truly happy for you:happy34:

Now when folks see you ride by their going to say nice looking Fat Boy :whistling:

That's great Brad. What a surprise! :yikes:

If Don don't have room for it, I'll squeeze it in at my place for ya! :hihi:

But when they say" Now when folks see you ride by their going to say nice looking Fat Boy :whistling:" is it the bike or you their talking about?

Ditto Brad. Also, Congrats

I do have the room if you need it.

Hope to see ya soon. Be careful coming down.

James

'Scuse me Mr Squidley, but I don't see no Hardly. I do see a token (memorandum) of true friendship though. When you get it going good and are riding the highways, take a quick look in the mirror. You may just see 'an old friend' riding passenger. If not, look up in the sky for a smile.

Cant add anything better that what Rotty wrote.

Five Bottles of Fat Bastard will be drunk in your honor Brad!!!!!:banana::banana::banana:

http://www.fatbastardwine.com/images/fb_lineup2.jpg

But when they say" Now when folks see you ride by their going to say nice looking Fat Boy :whistling:" is it the bike or you their talking about?

James

I was thinking the same thing, when I first read it.............. :duck::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

... both of you. My only joy in meeting you both was when you handed the key to me to your 86 VR that you both spent so many loving and lovely miles on. Nothing could happen to a better man, with the BEST woman biker around behind him!

However, be sure keep those adjustment wrenches handy for the HD!

And of course, life's greatest joy would be to see you both on either again in Colorado. I am taking good care of your 86 VR, ... as long as I can ride at my young 70 years! And thanks for the post on the emerg switch for the flashers; I have one and am going for a second one before I turn my wrench loose on the labor bill to do a replacement!

More than cordially,

Jack Tharp

Fort Collins, CO

Zfrebird4

aka

DePreach: For weddings, preferrably outdoors and hopefully for bikers; funerals when needed; and NO FUNDI HERE, ... just a well centered guy!

JZ

:Venture::motorcycle::7_6_3[1]:And, of course, I am riding in all directions!

Now when folks see you ride by their going to say nice looking Fat Boy :whistling:

Ain't that the truth

:sign20:

David and James....we'll talk when I get down there, Thanks again everyone for the kind words. I am looking forward to making the bike a memorial to Ron...see all y'all in TEXAS soon :banana:

Ain't that the truth

:sign20:

David and James....we'll talk when I get down there, Thanks again everyone for the kind words. I am looking forward to making the bike a memorial to Ron...see all y'all in TEXAS soon :banana:

any idea HOW SOON?

we need to have a little time to set up a "moving in party"!!!!

oh and congrats to you both on the "gift"!

oddly enough, not ONE person as i recall, mentioned to you that you should send a FAMILY THANK YOU, to Ron's wife and family!

so from all of us . THANK YOU !

just jt

Brad I am happy for you. You will have fun fixing up that Harley. And every time you ride it you will always remember your friend who owned it. Not many of us have a true friend like that in life. It is wonderful.

I love nostalgia. Besides, like I have told you before, you have got to be one of the nicest people I have ever met, so you deserve it.

Yama Mama:ice_awesome-vi46644

....I have been very humbled today as one of the nicest gestures in my life happened to Lonna and myself. I know that some of you have been following whats been going on with us and our trek to Houston. We have been delaying our departure due to my good friend Ron Gaskill being killed in an auto accident almost 2 weeks ago. We have been helping his wife and daughter get things in order and largely getting his '79 Electra Glide running so I could sell it for her.

I wont be selling his Harley to anyone....because Nancy and Amanda gave me Ron's bike. This big fat bastard doesn't cry very easily or is speechless very often, but I did both this evening as they came out of the blue with Nancy's brother (who helped me get the bike fired up) and presented me with the paperwork to put the title in my name. I am very overwhelmed and dont feel worthy of such a piece of their family. I also know that besides Ron, there isn't anyone on the planet that would love this bike and bring it back into shape.

So now I have 2 bikes, 1 Yamaha and 1 Harley....looks like I will be staying busy fixing antiques :)

randy:banana:

You were long overdue my friend, long overdue for some good fortune. You're always the first to help out, the first to be there for someone else.....it's a sign of great things to come!

randy:banana:

I am very happy for you, and very sorry you lost such a good friend. I love those old Electra Glides. My Dad had one that was a '69, I think.

Everyone else has already said everything I could have come up with, so just enjoy your new ride, and keep those memories alive. He would have wanted you to have it, I'm sure.

• 2 weeks later...

The way I see it Brad, you didn't really inherit a bike. Your friend just found a way to bridge eternity and stay in touch with you. I hope you feel his companionship every time you ride it or work on it. He must know you pretty well because he left it with different color saddle bag cover's so you would remember which was the left side and which was the right side.:rotfl: