IGNORED

I hope y'all dont disown me

Squidley

....I have been very humbled today as one of the nicest gestures in my life happened to Lonna and myself. I know that some of you have been following whats been going on with us and our trek to Houston. We have been delaying our departure due to my good friend Ron Gaskill being killed in an auto accident almost 2 weeks ago. We have been helping his wife and daughter get things in order and largely getting his '79 Electra Glide running so I could sell it for her.

I wont be selling his Harley to anyone....because Nancy and Amanda gave me Ron's bike. This big fat bastard doesn't cry very easily or is speechless very often, but I did both this evening as they came out of the blue with Nancy's brother (who helped me get the bike fired up) and presented me with the paperwork to put the title in my name. I am very overwhelmed and dont feel worthy of such a piece of their family. I also know that besides Ron, there isn't anyone on the planet that would love this bike and bring it back into shape.

So now I have 2 bikes, 1 Yamaha and 1 Harley....looks like I will be staying busy fixing antiques :)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well they say "what goes around, comes around" I guess all the nice things you have done for everyone came rite back to you. I am happy for ya, although I am sure it is bittersweet. Congrats on the HD hope you can get her back in shape, she looks like a beauty. Had to be an awesome moment when they told you. Take care Buddy. Craig

Freebird,

I dont know what to say..

Im really sorry, but it appears some of the moderators are ...uh :confused24:

...well...you know..

but you also know where their hearts are..(here @ VR.Org..)..

Squidley,

One has already said it.. and I truly agree..

It couldn't have been given to a better man.! :thumbsup2:

That was very sweet of them to do. I guess we can keep you in the family. I hope you get some miles on it.

Margaret

A mass harley hunt in the future, I think.... Just maybe, they will save a little icecream for you, at the stop.....:stirthepot::rotf::rotf::rotf:

'Scuse me Mr Squidley, but I don't see no Hardly. I do see a token (memorandum) of true friendship though. When you get it going good and are riding the highways, take a quick look in the mirror. You may just see 'an old friend' riding passenger. If not, look up in the sky for a smile.

Hey Brad,

I'll betcha' old Ron is smilin' down from heaven knowin' his scoot is with the only other person on the planet he would want to have it! :thumbsup2:

You're Da' Man in my book Squid! I don't care what you ride!

Now you and DAVEPA can rub elbows, he has a VR and a Harley as well.

Earl and Jean

I know.....it's turning into a pandemic. We have moderators riding wings, harley's, viragos....who knows what else. It's a sad day in VentureRider Land. :confused24:

Confuse everyone..Put Yamaha emblems on it. :stickpoke::witch_brew:

But seriously...A gift was given from the heart by a family to someone who has a heart, even tho it seems he hates to admit it sometimes. A special gift indeed to a special person. Disown you??? Nah, just shows the type of people who belong to Venture Riders and the passion all of us have for the two wheel adventure!

:rudolf:

silverdeer